All parent member reviews for Curious George

Adult Written byGhcool April 9, 2008
Parent of a 3 year old Written bymradventurous March 19, 2011

Really the best show for 2-4 year olds that I've seen.

Brilliant for kids. Entertaining for parents. The narration teaches basic concepts from a 3-year-old perspective.
Adult Written byRee April 9, 2008

Love it!

My 2 and 4 year-olds love this show. I do wish the animation were more like the original George series, however, the situations, themes, and messages are fantastic! Way to go PBS!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byFiercePancake June 22, 2010

George is a Toddler

This is the only show that really gives you the world from a toddler's perspective. From George's inability to speak, to his struggle to understand things around him that everyone else takes for granted, he IS a toddler and this allows the show to extend great empathy to its misunderstood viewership. I'm puzzled by the review that regards it as consumerism that the show has its origin in books; I consider that a literacy tie-in. Consumerism is a shallow link between the character and a product they want us to buy (i.e. Dora on a sippy cup). No one is pushing Curious George books on us via the TV show, but it sure does help instill a love of reading when the same characters (Pooh, etc) show up in book form.
Parent Written byerinw2 October 20, 2014
Parent Written bysueryan10 June 18, 2014

The best show for toddlers

My 2 year old loves this show and so do I. I was never a Curious George fan, but seeing the educational values in this PBS show has changed my mind. I also like how there is a short real life segment at the end of each episode. This gives me ideas on how to extend the science concepts into real life.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bySunnye June 5, 2010
Parent of a 3 year old Written byhaloudi April 10, 2010

very good for all kids

my son loves curious George. I love it too! watch it with him all the time. It has this calming effect.
Parent Written bySeamstressMomma May 17, 2016

Best show for my toddler!

We have Curious George on almost all day when it's raining or too cold/hot to go explore outside. We have the option of streaming any of the popular kid's shows on PBS, Disney, etc. and my two year old always chooses to watch George on our inside days. We've been fans for over a year, have seen every episode of all 9 seasons many times and we have yet to get tired of it. I never thought I would become a fan of a kid's show, but the characters are so likable and positive. The stories are simple enough for my daughter to grasp, but are also well rounded with at least one lesson per episode. It's not like other shows targeted for a younger audience where the theme or lesson is spelled out (sometimes literally) multiple times during the show. Watching this show is like watching a sitcom for kids, with a life lesson quietly added. It helps that the animals don't talk and the narrator does a great job distinguishing between their personalities without having to change his voice. Another great thing about this show is that George is essentially a toddler learning about the world and every character is supportive and understanding of his mistakes. It may be unrealistic of the real world, but it works for this universe.
Parent of a 4, 4, and 6 year old Written bydanasigrid October 6, 2012

Not too old, not too babyish, just right.

This has been the best show for our family; the little ones liked it from age 2 and the eldest still likes it at 6. Animation is simple and clean, like the books; not loud and flashy. The voices are pleasant, not shrill or goofy. It's narrated by William H. Macy, which is another pleasure. The plots are fun and silly, but usually have some educational component, like counting, keeping score in games, reading maps, composting. Half the episodes are set in a city made to resemble New York, and the other half are in the country. In each place, there are older kids living quite "free range" and devising their own interesting activities. A pleasure to watch for parents as well.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byterri33inne July 8, 2010

Perfect for little ones... great adaptation.

My 3 year old daughter... LOVES George, and it's one of the few things that will entrance her... I always say she channels him on a daily basis... very sweet stories...one or two episodes have had some scary elements that have upset my daughter, but overall it's a safe bet.
Parent of a 3 year old Written bysahminva March 17, 2009

Everything, is so wonderous

My 3 year old daughter is always in the mood for good ole George. She has learned so much already about a variety of things from simply watching this show. One of her favorite things to do now is make compost like George. She wants to paint like George, and mix the colors to make new colors just like him. If a parent is looking for good clean educational fun, then this is it.
Adult Written byAndrew A. January 14, 2017

Bad cartoon for kids

I will not let my kid watch it because he starts to talk like the monkey. He don't want to talk regular no more all he talks is like that monkey he won't be watching that cartoon no more.
Adult Written byRecessGymClass2 November 25, 2016

BIG dissapointment from a book series I LOVED as a kid.

Hi, remember me? I'm RecessGymClass, my original Common Sense Media account I have been logged out of and forgot my original password so I have made a new account (For those who are wondering, here is my original account: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/users/recessgymclass. Ifyou do not get the link to the account, just type address on Google.). So, anyways, Curious George is one of my FAVORITE children's book series, I was obsessed as a kid, I never watched the 2006 film, but when this show came out in 2006, I had high hopes (I babysit and teach), so I watched this show on premire day (sorry if I did not spell that correctly). Straight to the point, this show should not be on TV. It has been on the air for literally 10 decades, and still airing on PBS Kids, airing new episodes. Should've ended after the very first episode, but hey, this show sucks so badly, that it fits in pretty great with the other crap PBS Kids has nowadays, such as Super Why and Martha Speaks. So lets stop talking, and start reviewing this book series ruining TV Show. The animation is lazy. The color, if they have any, is boring and the characters are poorly drawn. Poor timing, and bland lip assignment. The theme song suffers from horrible singing it just sounds like a wannabe jazz musician, and the music sounds like it is just trying too hard. Yeah, this has no talent, and it is just an epic fail. The music is generic as well, so yeah, this show fails at so many things, even music. The show itself is more boring than another bad PBS Kids show, WordGirl. The pacing in each episode is super slow, and it just feels like the show is never going to end. Oh, and the writing is lazy, and it just seems they're not even trying. There is one good thing about this show, the educational value. I love all the interesting things they tell children. However, if it wasn't for the interesting information, this show would get one star. Zero stars if I could.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byFletcher H. July 30, 2016

Educational, Calming, Positive, and Caring

George is a well-meaning chimpanzee who often gets into trouble when he acts on incomplete information, although, in the end he always learns what he did wrong and corrects his mistakes. This show teaches positive, productive values to children through exciting adventures. "You never know whats around the bend, big adventures and brand new friends when you're curious, like Curious George!"
Parent Written byMamiMom March 22, 2016

Love

A favorite for all in our family; clever, creative, gentle, and amusing
Parent of a 2, 6, and 7 year old Written bykaciee February 18, 2016

City Kids

My 2 year old likes the show, but I don't find Bill always saying City Kids can't do this or can't do that to be funny. It's not nice and not something I want my son to hear over and over.
Parent Written bycarlied June 22, 2015

family favorite

Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written byroyce2009 January 23, 2013

great show

my 3 year old nephew loves this show he has to watch it ecey time he is over
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byjems2 April 23, 2011

Great show for all kids.

For some reason this show appeals to kids of almost all ages. The narrative style keeps them mesmerized.