Parent reviews for Deal or No Deal

Game of chance is decent family entertainment.

Parent of a 7, 9, and 12-year-old Written byBelinda N. December 4, 2018

A luck based game show that my children can watch together

Deal or No Deal is really entertaining. The basic concept of the show is that one contestant selects a case, and this case can have any amount of money in it, ranging from 1¢ to $1,000,000. Then the player gets to see what’s inside the remaining 25 cases. After seeing inside so many cases, a man, called the banker, will call. He will offer the player a specific amount of money. The game continues until a player either makes a deal with the banker, and wins the offer given by the banker, or the player could never make a deal with the banker, thus ending the game by seeing the amount of money in the players case.
Parent of a 17-year-old Written bylove2 September 26, 2009

for ages 9 and up

this show is awsome. but i wouldent let any kid under the age of 9 see it because of what the girls in show are wearing and because if there younger than 9 chances are there not going to like or understand the show that well.
Adult Written bymary000 April 9, 2008
Parent Written byJill Murphy April 9, 2008

where is the challenge?

this show is silly and lacks any real challenge. Not to mention that Howie is a little hard to take. Where's Regis?!
Adult Written bylschnur April 9, 2008

Deal or No Deal is NO DEAL

This show is only about money and greed and sexily-clad, large-breasted, mute women. You do not use your brain to win, you need only good luck. It's all about money, without even having to answer a question or perform a song. I am shocked your reviewer thinks this show is okay. It's the worst of TV. I'd rather my kids watch SOuth Park.
Adult Written byforce23 April 9, 2008

Take the deal, Take the deal!

This show instantly gets you hooked as you can easily play along with the contestants as they eliminate the suitcases one by one. You watch as they are offered huge amounts of money to quit playing only to let greed get the best of them. Sometimes they win, sometimes they don't and that's the fun. Howie Mandel is a great host, he's respectful, mildly funny and knows how to build the tension. Great fun for all.
Adult Written byhappy77801 April 9, 2008

gv

Inappropriate for anyone.
Adult Written byMr. Strong April 9, 2008

Great!

It's great! I can't believe that people don't like it!
Parent of a 12-year-old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

An Engaging but Somewhat Cheesy Game Show that makes for fun watching!

DEAL OR NO DEAL struck me as cheesy and unbelievable when it premeired several years ago. But it grew on me, as it did on everyone else. It's still sort of cheesy; the crying and sentimental "I need this money" talk gets old, and sometimes I wonder if the Banker is made of cardboard. But it's a whole lot of fun, and you end up rooting for the people on the show, whether they're country hicks, city slickers, or stay-at-home moms. Everyone comes to the show to win a million bucks, and it's fun to hope they do.
There is no sex outside of the tight dresses the case-holders wear. No violence or language. Almost all contestants start out with a selfless purpose, but many are caught up in the exhilarating pace of the game and they end up going home with $300 instead of a much higher amount (one must think it has something to do with greed).
There's really nothing innapropriate about the show, but I would suggest parental company for the commercials, which can get dirty. I imagine that's why the show got its TV-PG rating. Recommended.