All parent member reviews for Dexter's Laboratory

Parent Written byhgwqhge03 September 18, 2013

dexters laboratory is one of my favorite shows

it is funny very original and the characters are likeable, when I was a kid back in the 90s my mother said I shouldn't watch 2 shows, one was cow and chicken, no biggie, I hated that show anyways and the other one was dexters laboratory, I don't know why the heck not. I still have a great time watching this show at 23 years old, and my favorite characters are Dexter's parents even though they are somewhat stereotypical they are very funny, because they have great timing and the situations they get into are hilarious too bad when it comes to Dexter's mom, neat freaks are not funny more the opposite, another thing I like about this show is Dede, she is meant to be annoying and that is why she is useful and I actually want more characters like this something most modern shows don't know how to do In this show she would rarely annoy the viewers, but she annoys other characters which results in funny reactions but she had much more to her than just being annoying, I also liked that the writers were OK with having episodes end on a low note for the main character and let's not forget the many sexual jokes in this show which made it funny for adults, and BTW I do agree that newer episodes of this show weren't as good (this show got cancelled after 2 seasons then another 2 were ordered) and also I agree the movie stunk
Parent Written by710studio August 5, 2013

Dexter's Laboratory Is Open For Laughs

I feel the "official" review for Dexter's Lab is more than a bit prudish. Dexter's Laboratory is cleverly written and nothing short of hilarious. Dexter is a brilliant "little brother" with a bad German accent with a scientific laboratory that he keeps secret from his family, except for his big sister, Dee Dee. Dee Dee is your average "big sister" that acts as the foil for Dexter's scientific methods. The resulting chemistry between Dexter and Dee Dee serves as the recipe for most of the episodes of Dexter's Laboratory - and all of this goes on behind the backs of their parents who seem completely unaware of their surroundings. The so-called "violence" in the show is nothing worse than most other cartoons and is done in a way that adds to the comedic value of the show - not in a way that trivializes violence. And the mention of sexual content... really? If there is any sexual content in Dexter's Laboratory, it is presented in a way that goes over the heads of little children. I've seen more sexuality in movies that were rated G. If you are a prude that wants to shelter your children from intelligent comedy, then by all means, turn Dexter's Lab off. If you and your children appreciate well-written cartoons with interesting character interactions, I would highly recommend Dexter's Laboratory, without reservation!
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 16, 2012

Interesting stuff!

Dexter's Laboratory was such an addictive cartoon! Funny,creative,and colorful! Now CSM,I accept your opinion,but you guys are wrong! It should have 4! If you have no clue what i'm talking about,check the reviews! Kids section has a 4 star quality,and the adults section has a 5 star quality.I've said this once,and i'll say it again,YOU GUYS HAVE HORRIBLE TASTE!
Parent of a 12, 14, and 15 year old Written bycheesed12 August 27, 2010

Dexter's Laboratory is a TV-Y7-FV rated choice for kids ages 10 and up.,The episodes should be rated TV-Y7-FV and TV-PG-V
Adult Written byutonium4 April 9, 2008

A SHow that Encourages Brains over Brawn

Again, I am shocked at the official review posted by common sense media. Dexter's Lab puts a scientific spin on sibling rivalry between supergenius baby brother Dexter and his flitty, dense and intruse sister DeeDee. What is refreshing about Dexter's lab is the acceptance of difference, the honest depiction of social ostracism felt by gifted kids and,ultimately, the emphasis put on the power of knowledge. Although Dexter is a social misfit, in his lab he is the king and his mind opens up a plethora of mazing experiences for him. DeeDee, although pretty, popular and fun, has a much less exciting, mindlful exsistence. Spirituality, scientific ethics, pacificsm and patriotism are all themes explored frequently, among others. While I don't allow my kids to use cruel words to eatch ther, I refuse to allow the word "stupid" to become an obsenity, therefore I take no issue with it. A simple reminder to my little ones, such as "Its funny the way Dexter says "stupid" but its not very nice in the real world," has kept any verbal atrocitiies in my home to the minimum. I say sit back with your kids and watch a few episodes onDemand and the family will surely have a great time laughing together.
Adult Written byDr.Pepper April 9, 2008

I love it

This was one of my favorite shows as a child. I still love it to death.