All parent member reviews for Doc McStuffins

Parent Written byWL41 March 23, 2012

Finally!

As a parent of 4 and an early childhood special educator, I think this is an excellent program. Long overdue. Kudos to Disney for meeting the challenge.
Parent Written byLemuel April 1, 2012

I Love It!!!

Gives your child a great foundation to be imaginative & creative.
Adult Written byStevieAng May 5, 2012

The Doc is IN!

This show is great! After watching many (maybe too many) shows for toddlers that are just commericals in disguise, Doc McStuffins is a wonderful respite. The characters are caring and sweet, the message is wonderful, and the music is awesome! I highly recommend...
Parent of a 2, 4, and 7 year old Written bynewgirl1993 April 16, 2012

Great

All 3 of my kids love this show, and i dont mind waching it whith them
Parent Written byadntigger710 March 19, 2013

Dad works too!

I'm obsessed with this show. My daughter loves it. We have 12 currently on the DVR, it's pretty much all she'll watch. What's important, too, is that it doesn't drive me up a wall. I could play this all day every day and be fine with it. It's a cute show with some good messages and adorable characters (the hypochondriac snowman, Chilly, is my FAVE!) Even I get excited to see new episodes. It's vaguely reminiscent of Toy Story, but more geared towards the younger crowd. PS. Just for clarification, dad does work too -- so either the episodes he is in are supposedly after he gets home or on weekends, or he has a more flexible work schedule where he can work from home most of the time. (See episode "The New Girl" -- mom tells Dottie [Doc] that dad is working late, so they are going out to eat.) Told you I'm obsessed, lol =)
Parent Written bylashrimpa April 1, 2012

Excellent Show!

This has quickly become my daughter's favorite show and I enjoy the lessons we can discuss during and after an episode. We are careful what and how often our daughter views programs, this show is perfect for our family. Thank you Disney for this charming show with kind characters that stimulates imagination and encourages role play.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byEvsmom June 25, 2013

A great show.

I like this show for all the reasons stated above, but for my daughter, who cries when the doctor uses the stethoscope on her, I think it will be helpful for her to have a better understanding of doctors and see how "brave" all the toys are that Doc McStuffins helps.
Parent of an infant, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 11 year old Written byResponsibleParentOf9 December 5, 2012

Amazing, fun show for all!

A great, fun, educational show for everyone! Kids should watch this instead of "SpongeBob SquarePants".
Parent Written byWowBabyx4 March 30, 2012

Doc McStuffins SAVES the day!

I have 4 children, my oldest nearing 11 and my youngest nearing the age of 4. When my oldest was little, there seemed to be a lot of quality entertaining shows that were also innocent enough for a small child. Somewhere in the middle of these two kids, shows seems to get a little more geared toward the older kids, especially for little girls. I am thrilled that Doc McStuffins has "arrived"! Not only does my 3yr old LOVE IT but so do her older sisters who are 5 & 8! They can hardly contain themselves until the next new episode comes on and have no problem watching the "older" episodes in the mean time Definitely a show worth watching!
Parent of an infant year old Written byCrazyK July 12, 2016

My daughter and step sister loves it!

As a teen parent and has two siblings..they love it!
Adult Written byTony632 April 8, 2012

the doc is in, great job Disney :)

Parent of an infant and 2 year old Written byCupcake Mom August 15, 2016

Doc Mcstuffins

My sister is a doctor. My daughter calls her Doc Mcstuffins, and asks to see her stethoscope every time we see her. (I am suprised that she knows what that is) My only criticism? I think there's about 5 episodes, because the sneaky Disney Jr. people put the same ones on EVERY DAMN day! Jillian-Mae is even starting to notice that Doc fixes the same toy every day in that a week until another episode comes on. After 5 weeks of showing the same episode every day, the start back at the beginning! Despite that issue, it's a good show.
Parent Written byBrendaNL80 October 20, 2015

Great role model!

I love the show and my nearly 4 year old daughter loves it too. It's rare to have a black female lead character in cartoons and animations that is the protagonist and drives the action not as part of a bigger team. Doc is such a great role model for young kids . My daughters are of mixed heritage and I love that they can see themselves represented in Doc, who looks like my daughter! She is a doctor to her pets, inspired by her mother who is also a doctor. She has a great relationship with her brother Donnie and takes great care of her toys. Lots of to stimulate discussion about health, caring, new siblings, looking after toys and people. A+ There is consumerism around, not in the show, as Disney markets lots of merchandise for the show everywhere!
Parent Written bywatchdog_mama August 14, 2015

Absolute best show I've found for my daughter, and her big brother loves it, too!

I can't say enough great things about this show. It's absolutely perfect for my family, especially my young daughter. My daughter loves all things girly-girl and she's already an amazing little nurturer -- she is three, already she is very tuned in to the feelings of people around her, and nothing makes her happier than trying to help those in need. Doc McStuffins is such a wonderful role model for her. Doc is smart, but also very loving. She fixes toys' problems AND knows how to make them feel better. She shows great leadership traits as she helps the toy characters solve problems. Each challenge she faces requires real skills - toy repair, knowledge of health, an understanding of how people should behave toward one another - rather than something abstract, like magic or "just being myself." (I'm looking at you, Sofia the First.) Valuable side benefits of this show include helping my kids feel comfortable at the doctor's office, giving them knowledge of basic health, and making them think of toys as assets to be cared for and repaired when broken. I also really appreciate that the toys featured in the show's episodes are generic toys that could be lying around any playroom, with a good mix of gender-neutral, girly, and boyish items (i.e., Doc is just as likely to be helping out a toy princess as she is a dump truck), giving this show wide appeal. While this show is my daughter's favorite, my kindergarten-aged son gets very absorbed in these episodes as well. I love that there's a positive show they both want to watch together, and it's great for my son to admire a cool girl main character. We started watching this show when my kids were 2.5 and 4, after our pediatrician (a mom of three!) recommended it, and we still love it now that the kids are 3 and 5.5. I rated it for ages three and up, but for the right kid (my daughter!!), I think this show will educate and inspire two-year-olds as well.
Parent of an infant year old Written bysarrah.prentice83 January 4, 2015

A Serious Doc McStuffins Fan

Hello, I just wanted to share the impact this show has had on my son! His name is James and he is 6 Months old. He has digestive issues that makes eating, sleeping and diaper changing painful for him. He cries a lot from the pain and being uncomfortable. As soon as I turn on your show at home or CD in the car he immediately stops crying and is at ease. People don't believe me when I tell them he literally stops mid-cry and listens/watches. It's like someone threw a whammy on him! He has actually gone to sleep without screaming and can eat Baby food despite how uncomfortable he is because the Doc McStuffins show / music is on. The YouTube link below is the video of him in the car as he started to cry and I turned on the Doc McStuffins album! As a mother I can't explain how frustrating it is to try to hold your child, walk them around to comfort him when he is in pain and nothing works. You've saved my sanity and comforted a child who experiences a lot of chronic pain. He even bounces in his bouncer when the show comes on! It's priceless to see my child calm, comforted and actually energized and happy! Enjoy the videos and thank you again for sharing your wonderful gift! From a touched Mother & child, Sarrah & James James in the Exersaucer watching Disney Junior Doc McStuffins about to cone on: http://youtu.be/7jOIa8mdNOg In the car Doc McStuffins saves the day! A Serious Doc McStuffins Fan: http://youtu.be/L6kxfP143zI (We even take it in the store with us, keeps him happy and gets the other kids in the store going! LOL)
Parent Written bybrittanyd1 November 12, 2014

my two boys love doc!

She's great!
Parent Written bycrystall1 September 20, 2014
Some shows say they're for kids and they're not! I always make a point to watch shows with my children and this show is at the top of my list. Great role models for children of any color! Great music, too! The best part is that doctor's visits are much easier now. She climbs write upon the table and says, "I'm ready!".
Parent of a 5 year old Written byHintertreppe February 5, 2013

The Doc is OK

Parent of an infant, 3, 5, and 5 year old Written byFowlerFan May 5, 2012

Standard Kids Fare

This is your standard fare for little kids. No bad language, no violence, nothing to worry about. A definite 'put on and walk away' kind of show. I don't think it's any better than other shows of a similar genre, mind you.