All parent member reviews for Dollhouse

Adult Written byxMadxScientistx February 19, 2009

Another Joss Whedon show!

I love Joss, so I've been looking forward to Dollhouse for a long time. That said, I think that we're still talking about potential here, and that's a bad sign. We all know Fox is impatient.
Educator and Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byMrs. W December 22, 2010

Not at all a kid or teen show; great fun for adults

A wonderful, thought-provoking show, right up there with Wheedon's best - but not for kids or teens. Way too complex for anyone under the age of, say, 23. See obnoxiousm's excellent review too.
Parent Written byobnoxiousm September 6, 2010

Not a Child, Teen, or Family Program in Any Way. Great for Horror-Minded Adults.

First off, I love Dollhouse. It's one of my favorite shows. It asks some great questions about the world and the nature of humanity. It has to go to some very nasty places to do so. Places I'd never take a kid. The one place where Dollhouse wins is feminist messages. Its full of strong woman with varying degrees of strength and empowerment, though in the end it seems like men call the shots way too often--then again, the show is partly an indictment of the objectification of women, so showing the horrors of that works. But the truth is that Dollhouse is a series for adults, and its objectionable content and complex moral dilemmas are hard for teens. Out and out evil characters end up being the good guys at various parts, the good characters do bad things, and groups of people with different ideas about how to save the world murder, manipulate, and even rape each other to win. Among all this are several mentally ill characters whose actions cannot be read as a moral judgement, yet who spout delusions of morality. It's a complicated landscape of ethics that a young teen probably can't navigate, and some older teens couldn't without help. Some of the content in this show was so horrific that I cried, screamed, looked away, and I'm a 23-year-old woman who's been laughing at horror movies since I was half that age. I think this is just too much for younger teens. Definitely watch as a family with your older ones. You might need your older teens' wide-eyed idealism to process the terrible things they do to Echo.
Parent of an infant and 3 year old Written bycrystalditmars@... May 21, 2009

i love it

i love it
Adult Written bycritique March 10, 2009

Eliza, good to see you back since "True Calling", excellent reprieve

Not only are you a very lovely choice for this character as in “True Calling”, but you appear to be having tons of fun in the promos you have that animated tongue shot. My hope is that the producers will not short this series in how far it can be taken how many shows have done and wonder why their audience falls away. It’s not the actors fault. It is known the some actors even try to suggest to direction how story ideas should develop. This was heard of in the 60s “Mod Squad” series. Tells us the actors had more than just acting in them. Since you know this series follows S.C. chronicles, careful NOT to loose the magnitude of entertaining your hour allows. What??? Those chronicles come from where we know of time paradox telling, altering what happens since Terminator 2. This puts Dollhouse to a challenge in keeping its audience bound in that energy of telling dramatic suspence holds on we who admire time travel stories, WHAT IF. This is how the reprise of “TIME MACHINE” was done with time traveler Guy Pierce versus 60s version Rod Taylor traveler. Keep up the great writing/directing.
Parent of an infant year old Written byLizbeth1990 February 18, 2009