Parent reviews for ER

Excellent, but the ER is no place for children.

Adult Written byhotdogchick April 9, 2008

John Stamos Rocks!!!!

John Stamos plays Tony; really really good! I want to see more! Don't go off the air; ER!
Adult Written bynoelrocks April 9, 2008

ER ROCKS ON NBC!!!!

ER IS A GREAT TV SHOW! I LOVE IT! NOW THAT JOHN STAMOS IS IN IT! I LIKE JOE! HE'S SUCH A CUTE BABY BOY! DO YOU?
Parent of a 14 year old Written bySoonerstu August 6, 2010

awesome for anyone

The best show ever

Adult Written byLowe's man February 24, 2016

fine but morally uneven

On one level the morals are high. Teamwork, saving lives- what could be more moral than that? On another level the morals aren't vety high. When they show the characters' work lives the morals are high. When their personal lives are shown, however,, the morals aren't very high. Your opinion of the show, as well as your opinion of its suitability for teenagers, will depend on which of the above morals you value more. Moreover, several patients are shown throughout each episode. Too little time is spent with an individual patient, not allowing viewers time to empathize with them. (The empathy quotient must've been lacking in the writers and producers.) Lastly, the numerous deaths may make some not want to watch. If death is very hard for you to watch, avoid, given the frequency of death. If you can get past that and the other moral low points, you'll like this show, as it's clever.
Adult Written byCallisto A. September 4, 2017

Speaking from my own experience..

While I generally agree with the comments on here, regarding how ER is inappropriate for young teens and below, I started watching this show when it was originally airing on TV. I was very young at the time (definitely less than 10 years old), and this show had a huge impact on my life and interests. Far from being scarred or corrupted, it ignited my passion for medicine, which I am now pursuing as a career! The characters, in particular Carter and Dr Green, are wonderful and complex. They stood out as role models back when I watched it initially, and still do to this day. I promise it's not the end of the world if your kids catch an episode or two! It might even serve them well.

Adult Written bycathyn January 22, 2018

Great show

I was 8 when this showed premiered. It had a huge impact on me. Only Positive. Made me want to be a nurse. I enjoyed watching the characters juggle their job with realistic personal struggles. I had no issues dealing with the show's content. For parents who are mentally incapable/fearful of addressing real life situations with their kids and prefer to have their kids learn about such things from their peers instead... It's not worth watching. But I talk with my kids about everything in life, age appropriately, not hide it from them. Nor do I think I'm superior for making different life choices than others. I don't pretend to be more "moral" than anyone else. I teach my children to love and respect others, not be judgy. They enjoy learning about real life. Not everything is happy rainbows and jelly beans. They are fine living in the real world and not a bubble. So, my family and I enjoy watching this show together and discussing things and hoping our favorite patients and characters pull through things. Most episodes are PG. So glad it's on Hulu now. IMO, great family show.