Kid reviews for Friday Night Lights

Friday Night Lights Poster Image

good

great

So good!

One of the best dramas I’ve seen, 100 %. This show is really good. You don’t have to like football to watch it. It discusses racism, growing up, and a lot of stuff like that. But, it really depends on your kids maturity level. I watched it when I was 9 with my family, because I wasn’t one of those kids that gags at everything. I recently finished the show, and it was so good. I really recommend it. Better than Euphoria lol

Amazing Show

You do not have to like football to like this show. The characters are well-written and storyline is very interesting, especially as it is based on a real town in Texas. This show is very emotional, and does have some disturbing and violent scenes. The show is thought-provoking, touching on themes such as poverty and racism. Younger teens should watch with parents. For 14/15 year olds and up.

Why 13 and up from kids?

I watched the first episode of that show when at my own age since I’m 12 sure it went over mature issues since the show isn’t afraid to do that but since I’m a little bit interested in football I decided to watch the first episode and see if it was okay and it was So I recommend this show for ages 12 and up.

Fantastic show - but consider your kid's maturity

Friday Night Lights is one of the highest quality shows I've seen. It's beautifully done, featuring positive messages and covering heavy topics. I believe everyone should give it a try, but I will admit that the subject matter can be mature (dealing with sexual assault, family issues, etc). I watched this show with my parents, and although the sex scenes didn't seem too bad for me, they might be too much for your child. You'll definitely have to take into consideration how mature your child is. Additionally, if they're not mature, they won't understand and retain the important messages that are the heart and soul of the show. Overall, I highly recommend it, but a higher maturity level is necessary.

A Truly Wonderful Show

Warning: Contains spoilers! Friday Night Lights is a fantastic TV series about the little town of Dillon, Texas and their football fame. It's a great show for those who love or who don't love football. The show gives great examples of right and wrong. For example, Mr. and Mrs. Taylor have the most wonderful relationship and try to raise their daughter to be the best she can be. In my opinion, they are the best, most prominent examples of role models in the series. Matt Saracen is usually a great role model as well - hard working, kind, and respectful. On the other hand, his fellow teammate, Tim Riggins, does not show the best character. He has a drinking problem, is often having sex, and does not focus on his academic career. However, behind all the trouble Tim gets into, there's a caring, helpful friend. While there are some wonderful lessons and superb characters role models, there is a lot of underage drinking and, although not as much as drinking, plenty of sex. I don't recommend showing this to a child who doesn't know or understand what sex is. There are also just a couple fights on the football field, which mostly just results in some bruising. In the second season, though, there is an attempted rape and a murder. MAJOR SPOILER A character, Tyra, is attacked at a restaurant and almost raped. She thinks she has gotten away from him when, alone outside of a gas station, the attacker comes back. Landry, the friend Tyra is there with, tries to fight the attacker away, and when shoved to the ground, stays there, seemingly surrenders. The attacker looks at Tyra and says, "I'll be back for you." Landry then gets of the ground, picks up a metal bar, and hits him very hard in the back of the head - twice. The attacker lies dead on the pavement, and no blood is shown except when Tyra picks up his head and covers her hand in blood. Later in the show, a character is shot and killed (not graphic). These are the most intense scenes with violence in the show. The rest of it is just simple fist fights. Friday Night Lights features wonderful morals, not-so-wonderful morals (giving way to a teaching moment), fabulous characters, and a marvelous story line. I highly recommend this show for ages 12 and up. Thanks for reading!

I Need More Shows Like This - 9.4/10

Friday Night Lights is one of the greatest shows I have ever seen. First of all the show is very realistic. No matter who you are, or where you're from, you will find yourself at least identifying with one of these characters. By the time you will be finished with the show, you will just want more. Yes, there is some sex, language, and even violence towards the later seasons. But parents, if your child is 11 or older, you must let them watch this show. Everything is fantastic in this series from the iconic score to the breathtaking visuals to the great performances and then to the flawless script. Friday Night Lights is no doubt a masterpiece of television that should be viewed by everyone.

It's appropriate for 12 year olds

Kids at my middle school from that were 12 or 13 would watch tv-14 shows, so I think it's unappropriate for 11 year olds and under.

EPIC!!!

I love this show!!! It has great role models and a great message. It has references to sex and virginity. There is also drinking it it. It is in my top five TV show (its behind Castle and Brooklyn 99)!!!!!!!

Great Show About Family, Love, and Friendship

I thought It was a great show that dealed with religion, love family, and friends. There were questionable scenes for kids under 10, but over all it was great. It does deal with some hard subjects like sexuality and abortion. When I first saw this show on Netflix I never thought I would watch a show about a small town high school football team, but once I started watching I realized that it was so much more than that. It was really about family, love, friendship with some football to make it interesting.