All teen and kid member reviews for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Teen, 15 years old Written bymathgirlie May 19, 2012

Absolutely amazing.

Let me start off by saying that FMA:B is the best TV show (anime or non-anime) that I have ever had the pleasure of watching in my entire life. It is THAT good. The plot, the characters, the artwork, the voice acting...it's all astounding, and EASILY outshines the crap that they play on American cable these days. ("Say Yes To The Dress?" *gag*) Age-appropriateness is a debatable subject. As it is anime (okay, okay...it's a cartoon), blood is questionable. Yes, there are scenes with blood. Lots and lots of them. But the blood is cartoon blood, and doesn't really MOVE (behave?) like real blood (i.e; spraying from arteries at impossible angles, characters losing ridiculously large amounts of it and making full recoveries) - with the exception of episode 41, where they did their physics homework. Language really isn't that much of an issue - no major bombs dropped here, and nothing that you don't probably already use in your home. No sex, although Lust (an artificially created human) wears a dress with a low-cut neckline, and there is a scene where Winry starts to take off her shirt (you see the undersides of her breasts), before she notices Ed behind her (with humorous results). In short, this show is amazing and should be watched by anyone who enjoys a good, thought-provoking story that will stay with you long after the final episode has been shut off.
Kid, 11 years old April 14, 2012

I LOVE THIS ANIME!

I am an 11 year old girl and I absolutely LOVE this anime! It does have a lot of fighting scenes and has a lot of blood, but so far it is one of the best animes I have ever watched.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySlipperyQ March 30, 2013

A True Masterpiece

Before I say anything else, I want to point out that I get the feeling CSM did not actually watch the whole anime, as I'm rather shocked that they didn't mention any of the events that occur after the first six episodes. The show is very, very violent; that is true. It's a dark story, and many times more disturbing than it is violent - which is saying a lot. It also contains a multitude of religious themes, often alluding to the mythology of major world religions, in its depictions of the celestial forces that sway the story's universe; I find it very thought-provoking and powerful, but I know there are people on CSM who will be sensative to the sometimes less-then-glamorous depictions of forces like God in Fullmetal. Now, with all that nonsense out of the way: the series is absolutely incredible. I don't throw around the word "masterpiece" very often. And I must say, if you only ever introduce your children to one television program in their lifetimes, I sincerely hope this is it. From the gorgeous musical score to the beautiful artistry, the thematic brilliance to the so-real-they-could-live-next-door characters, this show is everything about animation that is good. The storyline is deep, complex, and truly representative of the human condition. It is one of the most powerful stories I have ever had the pleasure to experience, and will surely envoke strong feelings on every end of life's broad spectrum - horrors that are truly horrifying, passions that are truly electrifying, jokes that are truly hilarious, tragedies that are truly heartbreaking, and heights that are truly magical. Edward (not Edgar) Elric stands out to me as one of the finest characters in any fiction - literature, film, or animation - that I have ever seen; disillusioned but persistent, stubborn but well-meaning, bitter but maintaining some vestige of hope, some reason to move forward. He is everything that a great character ought to be. He is unique in his perspective and personality; he is a methodical, mathematical, scientific mind, with a serious God complex and an aching need to be the biggest and the best. He is capable of unintentional cruelty and often he is rough and angry and mean. He is imperfect and weak and bitter. Even so, he is redeemable; he is talented, and intelligent, passionate and genuinely good at heart; he has an appreciation for the value of human life that is undeniable, and he is utterly incapable of doing anything he does not believe is right; it is impossible for him to put distance between himself and other people, and his love for his family is a bond that drives him into our hearts. In the end, Edward’s struggle is our own struggle, and every step he takes propels us forward. He is one of those people who battles an insatiable craving for the extraordinary, the unbelievable, the impossible- but some things are greater than even he is able to comprehend. His journey is one that touches each of us, because he is journeying into the world of our own nature, but it is he, himself, that makes the story belong to us. The show guides its viewer through a breathtaking, albeit somewhat brutal, portrait of human nature- it's a beautiful story, and it will surely continue to move you, time after time after time.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMusic is amazing September 30, 2012
This is a really amazing anime. The characters are portrayed very well. The plot is very good too. The show does have it's gory scenes though. But if you want a suspenseful show this is where you need to go! <3
Kid, 12 years old May 3, 2012

its amazing

positive role models, amazing plot, nice music , a bit violent, and some language.
Kid, 10 years old May 1, 2012

My favorite anime

My fav ANIME!! this was the show/manga that started my intrest in anime! has lots of violent images but not too much for me (10 year old girl) and by s#x i do not mean tat literally i mean there can be very very VERY suddle kissing. and showing body parts is not a probleme with this anime the only reason it is rated TV-PG14 is becuase of violence and cussing.
Teen, 16 years old Written bythelastpersonalive April 7, 2012

its a great show

I watch the whole series and it is fantastic the animation is great the store is great and the characters are memorable. its great for kids and adults
Kid, 12 years old November 12, 2013

People don't come back from the dead.

*Spoiler Alert* Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is about two brothers who attempted to resurrect their mother from the grave using alchemy, which is a strictly forbidden rule that even the most novice alchemists know. The resurrection didn't work, and the two Elric brothers paid extremely, with the older brother losing his left leg, and his younger brother losing his entire body. Edward, the older brother ties his younger brother's soul to a suit of armor and pays with his right arm. Now, the two Elric brothers Edward and Alphonse, are on a quest to restore their bodies back to normal and live a peaceful life, but they run into all kinds of problems in this humorous yet violent anime full of tragedy and emotion. Yes, people frequently die and murder happens a lot, but this show repeats the fact that People don't come back from the dead. Keep in mind that frequent cursing and smoking take part in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Also, there is another show called Fullmetal Alchemist. Take note that this show, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is not a sequel to the original. Fullmetal Alchemist strayed from the Japanese Manga and developed its own storyline, and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood follows the Manga 100%. I suggest you watch both of the series, both Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Fullmetal Alchemist are both very entertaining and worth the watch.
Teen, 15 years old Written byishaan sharma August 24, 2012

Incredible

Like almost all anime, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is not intended for young children, but should be fine for anyone over the age thirteen. The show is quite violent and bloody, and the characters will often swear. Despite that, it is easily one of the best anime I have seen.
Kid, 12 years old October 18, 2015

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - Amazing!

This show is amazing! Great, developed characters, an interesting concept and good visuals. The series two main characters, Edward and Alphonse Elrich, are some of the greatest, most sympathetic an interesting characters I have seen to date! The supporting cast, with characters such has Roy Mustang, A military officer, and Winry Rockbell, a mechanic and the boys' childhood friend, are also well developed. Great idea, the concept of alchemy is used extremely well. The animation still holds up by today's standards. Overall, it is a great show that anyone should try to pick up as soon as possible. Note: this series has ALOT of violence. There is blood galore, wounds, splatters and dead bodies. This is definitely a gory show. It also has a lot of dark themes, like death, suffering, etc. So do not show this to anyone under the age of at least 12. Trust me. It will most likely scare and disturb them extremely. Seriously, some of this stuff can be nightmare fuel to younger viewers.
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2014

INCREDIBLE SHOW!!

I personally loved this show, in every aspect of it, but it could definitely scare some twelve year old kids. It can be very violent at times, but being animated it's not too graphic- blood, and cuts. It can be very emotionally involved though; general Hughes' death was quite depressing as was the death of a little girl. It deals with pretty heavy topics such as war, god, and trying to be anything more than human. The characters are like able, the animation is wonderful, and the music is amazing- it's an all around great show, but it may be too much for some kids to handle.
Teen, 15 years old Written bynblennon October 24, 2013

Good, but not for the "weak"

This is one of the best anime out there: little sexual content, good story, positive message. There's a LOT of violence, such as limbs being hacked off and blood everywhere. There's quite a bit of language. Every once in a while, a character appears on screen that drinks or smokes, but I don't think it's THAT big of a deal... The only sexual content I remember is one of the characters has midriff showing, another has a dress that has a low neckline, and one line is along the lines of "I always knew you liked them that way" (referring to the large... nevermind, you know of what I speak). It shows the teamwork and brotherly love of Ed and Al, and teaches to fight no matter the odds; fighting and dying is better than dying. It is sad and thought provoking, and it should be shown only to those who like a good challenge. I started watching FMA when I was 9-ish (the original) and Brotherhood when I was 11 or so. It caused me to mature a lot, and realize how evil the world is, and how precious life and family is. Overall, it's a 5 star show. Don't be afraid of the violence or language (have a parent preview it first!). The message is good and outweighs the bad parts of the show. I also think it correctly represents America's current state (aka the state of Nazi German). It takes place during WWI in a different world. There's also a movie called "Sacred Stars of Milos" which is pretty good too. Did I mention the music is awesome? :D:D:D best music from any anime ever.
Kid, 12 years old April 26, 2014
this is a great anime and is definitely worth your time. it gets pretty violent but if you can handle violence you'll be fine.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykobaltflame April 25, 2012

freakin...

freakin incredible. nuff said
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeFan3000 September 10, 2014

Watch them all! (ex. The sacred star of milos) Part.2 It's not that confusing

(Note: I watched it When I was 13) This is the new FMA that was made in 2009, it is basically the same story as the 2003 series for a few episodes but it's suppose to follow the story of the manga. I prefer this one better just because its message and for some reason I can remember it better (Refer to part.1). It has twists, exceeds to limits I did not expect. But unlike the 2003 series it does NOT have a sequel movie (Refer to part.3) I could go on forever about it but I like to make it quick and not long, all I can say is the pain in life will only make you stronger and give you wisdom as you grow, the show is just beautiful. They show FMAB on toonami ever since it reaired and has ceased to be canceled, so it has repeated maybe 3 times. Watch it, it may change your life. :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byLittle Fish July 22, 2013

Well done, Fullmetal.

Gripping storyline, told over the course of 64 episodes. It follows brothers Edward and Alphonse (known as Ed and Al) Elric, on their journey to give Al back his human body. I love this anime, as it has an almost perfect combination of everything needed for a great story: adventure, comedy, tragedy, and those heartwarming moments that make anyone want to go 'Aww!' (as well as a dash of romance too). The characters themselves are well-rounded, with excellent development. Everyone has their flaws, but that's what makes these characters more relatable. There are great role models, male and female alike (The Elric brothers, Riza Hawkeye, Izumi Curtis and Maes Hughes to name a few). Potential viewers should be comfortable with a moderate amount of violence, as Ed and Al fight many bloody battles throughout the series. Also, there are a few scenes that aren't really *ahem* suitable for younger viewers, which are dotted here and there. Swearing is fairly mild, using the general, run-of-the-mill stuff, so it's not too much of a problem, in my eyes. Anyone in Secondary/Middle School should be fine with everything. Definitely not meant for anyone 11 or under. For twelve-year-olds, they should probably ask parents first.
Kid, 11 years old November 30, 2015

one of my favorite animes

i love this show it's amazing in every way it's a little violent but it's awesome!
Teen, 13 years old Written byluna2211 November 30, 2014
This anime is AMAZING!! But no show is without its faults. This show is heavy in violence and other things that are definitely not for young children. The violence wouldn't be as bad if it was "comic book" violence, but they constantly give you clear view of injuries and blood. Characters are stabbed, and one character cuts off her own arm to save her boss as she is his bodyguard. The themes of this show include war, grief, sacrifice, ambition, pain, revenge, religious conflict, sin, and power. Parents need to know that the main character has a prosthetic arm and leg, and the backstory for these limbs is particularly gruesome and bloody. As well as his brother does not have a proper body, instead he is bound to a suit of armor by a sacrifice that Edward made. The reason this happened was that they attempted to raise their mother from the dead (No matter what you say, alchemy is a SCIENCE!). The backstory of quite a few major characters revolve around a particularly brutal and awful war. As well as a handful of psychopathic people who enjoy killing. There are seven characters named after the seven deadly sins of humanity. If you do not know what those are, they are Greed, Lust, Sloth, Gluttony, Envy, Wrath, and Pride. The character named Lust is particularly suggestive, although she is killed around episode 20. In episode 4 there is a man who uses his own family to create monsters, using his wife and daughter as "ingredients." The main character also has a particularly filthy mouth. He constantly calls his father a "bastard" and referring to his commanding officer that as well. Heavy themes of humanity and how easy it can be to lose that humanity. Alphonse and Edward make a vow to themselves not to kill anyone, which does result in Edward almost dying of an I-beam through the stomach in episode 41. Parents should also know that Edward has a job as a "human weapon" in his country's military, which he applied for and accepted at age twelve, despite just losing his limbs a year before. He officially quits this job at age 16 and regains his arm and Alphonse's body. Going in a different direction, this anime and its 2003 counterpart "Fullemtal Alchemist" contain what is ranked as the third saddest death in all of anime, the death of Lt. Cl. Maes Hughes. He has a daughter and wife, and Edward blames himself heavily for his death. His best friend, Cl. Roy Mustang, also has a job as a "human weapon" and is Edward's commanding officer. Later in the show, he is forced to attempt to bring an unnamed doctor back to life the same way Edward and Alphonse attempted to bring back their mother. Resulting in the loss of his eyesight. The boy's teacher, Izumi Curtis, also attempted to bring her son back to life after he was stillborn, resulting in the loss of her uterus and some of her other insides. Anyway, this show is definitely not for young people. Really look into it before letting anyone younger then 12 watch it.
Kid, 12 years old May 8, 2014

Brilliant.

Beautiful, disturbing, and brilliant. Those are only some of the words that describe this show. Some of the episodes in this series (*cough* Episode 4 *cough*) are some of the most brilliant, emotional, and disturbing things I have ever seen. Amazing animation, great emotion, and chilling to the bone.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFullmetalTeen October 14, 2013

Violent but Epic

Personally, I really enjoyed the show (13 years old). There is a lot of violence, since it's a show with fighting, blood, and language. I think it really depends on the maturity level of your child/yourself. My mom sees me watching it, and gets creeped out by the blood, but she doesn't object. I would suggest keeping it to kids 10 and up though, just to be on the safe side. When I was 8 or 9 I wouldn't be able to handle it, but 10 and beyond I could. Like I said, it depends on the maturity of you child.