Kid reviews for Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones Poster Image

I regret watching this series as a teen under 18.

My parents did not want me watching this series, but after being persuaded by my friends to watch, I secretly made it through two seasons before I realized what I was doing. I would define my maturity level as very high; bad experiences throughout my life have left me with a knowledge of how the general world works. For this reason, I thought it was fine to watch the show. I already knew how sex worked, I've seen more than my fair share of violence, and have you heard how much my friends swear? All my friends were watching it and recommended it. I should be fine, right? No. The violence itself is nothing too far out of the ordinary, but there is an overwhelming amount of nudity/incest/freedom with prostitutes in this show that just isn't meant for those under 18. Yes, I knew that incest played a role in the entertainment industry and that prostitution was simply a sad part of the world, but there's a difference between knowing something and seeing it. I was uncomfortable watching any part that contained such material and for good reason: it wasn't meant for my eyes. Not yet, anyways. Slowly, I started to realize that I was being desensitized towards this unrealistic image of sex that the show portrayed. That shouldn't be the case for someone my age, and though all my friends were encouraging me to watch it by threatening to spoil it if I didn't, I stopped, and I don't regret stopping. I do wish I could keep watching for the otherwise quality acting, plot, individual characters, and few good role models, but in a few years, when I've matured even further, I know I'll enjoy it so much more with the knowledge that I'm not doing something that feels wrong. Don't let your kids watch this, period. I know from experience that it isn't worth it.

12 people found this helpful.

The graphic content shown in GoT is dependant on the viewer. Some may not be mentally prepeared.

I am 15 as of writing this, and watched all eight seasons of Game of Thrones about a month ago. I found myself interested in the show when I found out my older brother was interested in the show when he was my age. So I decided to give Game of Thrones a watch. I got addicted to it and ran a binge watch marathon in a little over a week. I personally love the show, and to this date is the greatest show I've watched. I had no knowledge at the time about how graphic this series is, and I wasn't expecting it to be THAT graphic. Personally the mature graphic didn't really hit me as much, except for some disturbing scenes here and there, mainly torture and rape scenes. However I can defenitely say that teens my age might not feel the same about it. That is why age ratings aren't exactly accurate.
5 people found this helpful.

Depends

Meh not as bad as people say. i'd say 13+ because i can handle it, but it really depends on the mental maturity of whoever's watching. Also, It's a great story :)

4 people found this helpful.

3 people found this helpful.
Game of Thrones is a tv show which although is very good, has some mature elements which some may find disturbing. There is no lead up to the series, as the first episode may be too graphic for a first episode of a tv show. There is quite a lot of incest, sex, and violence in the show which has led a lot of people to describe the show as unpleasant and distressing. In a particular scene, a character called the Mountain crushes another character's head which has been widely described as too brutal for tv. This might all sound like not even some adults could handle it which may be the case, however depending on the teenager, they may be ready for some parts of it. I doubt that someone as young as 16 will be able to get through the whole show, but you as a parent should know your child's limits, and if they are ready for Game of Thrones yet.

Over Hyped

This show is way over hyped. The story is everywhere it's so difficult to follow. The sex, nudity, violence and language is off the charts. DONT BOTHER

Game of throne

It's rather boring.

2 people found this helpful.

Great Show - ... Not for kids.

Alright- so, being a senior in high school, one could imagine that I have heard at least once (well- in my case at least 8 times) someone tell me: "Watch Game of Thrones! It's an amazing show!" - I was warned that a lot of the episodes had a fair amount of sex and violence, but the story and artistry in the show compensate for that fact. So- I tried giving the show a try. I admit- I fell in love with the show at first, the characters were so believable, the setting was that of medieval times, the plot so complex - overall, very addicting! I was slightly disturbed by the amount of unnecessary graphic sex in the show- but due to my interest in the plot, I just pushed it aside and just took it as part of the story. Well- I made it to about the 7th episode in the first season until I came to the conclusion that perhaps I shouldn't be watching "Game of Thrones." I found that the excessive sex and violence in the show was desensitizing me - thinking to myself: "I'm only 17, why am I exposing myself to these things?" Along with this- I also realized that my parents would probably not approve of what I was watching - if my parents were in the room, I'd definitively not feel comfortable with them sitting there watching with me - therefore, it's not something I should allow myself to watch, even though I am alone. Yes- the plot is great, and I was really interested in the show- but I'm going to hold off on watching it until I'm older. It's not appropriate for people my age- parents should think carefully about what they are exposing their children to before allowing them to watch it.

2 people found this helpful.

Great show, just watch out for the sex and violence if you can't handle it...

I would say that it could go without the large amounts of unnecessary sex, but I don't think its too bad. I'm 16, and can handle it, I think its really up to the person. But yes, there is a lot of sex and violence. Great show though...

1 person found this helpful.