Parent and Kid Reviews on

Go, Diego, Go Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 8 parent reviews

Sort by:

Calling all animal rescuers.

Great for siblings to watch together. Pre schoolers and reception kids love it. Expect lots of animal rescue games after watching. Just over 20 minutes an episode.

I know who to sue if my kids are attacked by a wild animal

This show does have some educational aspects, such as helping others, problem solving, etc. However Diego does wonder off on his own, or at times with his cousin, of approximately the same age, without adult supervision. Also in some episodes some of the animals he helps are dangerous. This show has Diego playing with a jaguar on a regular basis, which while I can understand a trained jaguar, a young child may not realize the difference. None of the larger wild animals that are featured on the show would hesitate to eat a small child that approaches them, be careful of what your children are learning from this show, some of the themes could result in death if copied in real life.

Go Diego Go has a dangerous message

It is a cute show, and does help children learn the basics of animal identification and color and pattern recognition. My daughter really loves it. However, I really don't like it's message. Animal Care and Rescue is a good thing, but Diego teaches children that wild animals are not particularly dangerous, and that it is ok to ride dangerous vehicles, without permission or supervision, as long as they think they are "rescuing" an animal. In real life approaching a sick or hurt animal is likely to get a preschooler seriously injured if not outright killed. The same applies to jet skis, rip lines, motorcycles and such. Although initially I enjoyed this show, the more I see, the less I like.

Educational!

My kids love this show. My 4 year-old knows all about a ton of different animals from watching it. It really is educational!

parents beware

I have become increasingly concerned about the content of Diego. i have seen many inaccuracies in the educational information portrayed. But most recently i was very disturbed by the Ana the Anaconda episode where Deigo needed to not only track an anaconda snake, but pick it up, pet it like a puppy and carry it around his neck. my 4 year old and i live in the Mohave desert, snakes are a common animal found here and it seemed irresponsible of the program to sow something that is so dangerous in real life situation. It's one thing to use imagintive play for learning in some situations, but something as dangerous as approaching a snake should never be used as a teaching tool without also including safety. 3 and 4 year olds cant tell the difference between a dangerous snake and a non-poisonous snake. i am really disappointed with this show.

Great for kids, catchy tunes and edutainment!

Loved it!! We're a multi cultural household, so the bilingual angle is appreciated. The boys are excited about all the animals, and after a while watching they can retain some of the details, like mimicking the noises a leopard or sloth make. The siblings working together are also great for the boys to see. Also, don't be surprised if you catch yourself humming or even singing the songs at work, or at least during your commute. (The guys at work got a good laugh seeing their apprentice plumber singing about rescuing the king whale.)

My children love it.

My children are big fans of Diego and Dora. My oldest (4) loves answering the questions and jumping and walking like the animals. My youngest (2) is just now starting to understand the questions but he still loves watching the show.