Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 14 parent reviews

Sort by:

LGBTQ family friendly

I absolutely love this cartoon! As a lesbian mom with small children, I love how it shows a lesbian dog couple so my children are excited because the puppy also has a mom and a mommy like they do! It’s showing that not all families have a mommy and a daddy but they can have two moms or two dads!

8 people found this helpful.

Perfect kids show

This show teaches kindness, teamwork, friendship, and avoids the bratty, disrespectful characters so prevalent in children’s television. The addition of a lesbian couple is wonderful and hopefully helps children learn that all families are different and should simply been seen for what they are - a family. Kindness, acceptance, and at the very least, tolerance, is what parents should be teaching their children.

4 people found this helpful.

We love it!

The dogs do get into trouble, but solve problems together and provide good role models for viewers. It's not the most educational show out there, but it's entertaining, cute, and has positive role models.

Adorable!

The show is so cute! My 3 year old loves it. It has messages of kindness and friendship and plenty of laughs.

2 people found this helpful.

Honestly the best kid show ive seen!

This is by far the best kid show my son and i have watched he loves it! He really wont let us wat anything else and its very educational about feeling of other people and so on a d so forth but 10/10 wpuld 100% recommend

Overall great, fun show

I like that this show is mostly just fun. Adults don’t watch tv for educational value, I don’t think all kids shows should be “educational” either. This show is upbeat and musical and fun. The only thing I don’t love is that the main character, Tag, takes a lot of responsibility for things when she’s just a kid and not responsible for helping all the adults get their acts together. This isn’t super pervasive but it comes up a little and we talk to our little one about it.

Differs In Educational Value From The Book

Go, Dog, Go is based on the iconic kid's book by Dr. Suess that teaches kids to read directional words like over and under, on top, and the bottom. However, the TV show does not have a lot of that same educational emphasis. The TV show focuses more on entertainment value with the brightly colored dogs, songs, action, etc. This is another kid's show that takes on diverse representation, giving LBGTQ characters parental roles in the show.

1 person found this helpful.

Good show but questionable names, songs, and references.

The show is great I would recommend it. The music is good and upbeat. The only complaint I have is some of the references and things the characters say. One of the characters saying they are a “Chicken lover” is not appropriate and neither is two characters that are always together named Frank and Beans. Kids don’t understand this and I think it’s irresponsible to be saying this around children. They are going to repeat it. It makes me question why they would even put this in a kids show. Also a song about balls isn’t necessary either but they put in the show anyways. There is one more thing I don’t think needs to be in this show but Disney has paved the way for it.