Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Good Omens

Good and evil team up in zany, teen-friendly fantasy/sci-fi.

Adult Written bywilyhawk June 5, 2019

There's a reason it's rated at TV-MA

Nude woman showing backside. Man's bare butt in episode 2. Sex in episode 4, no nudity, but has moaning. Strip clubs with neon signs in shape of naked woman. Sex worker discussing her job and shows cleavage. 3 f-bombs once in each episode of 4, 5, and 6. Other words like bloody, hell, sh*t. Demon melted. People drowning in maggots. Hell hounds frightening. A lot of drinking.

Adult Written byMojojonno June 12, 2019

Reviewer apparently did not view whole miniseries

First off, this miniseries is great fun. If you and your kids are fans of Doctor Who, or Neil Gaiman's stories, you will love it. However, there is one sex scene, albeit comic and tame; one of the supporting characters is an escort; and later in the series, the profanity is stronger, i.e. the f word.
Adult Written byMom34 June 10, 2019

Sex scene this review didn’t mention

That was a surprise because the main review from common sense media didn’t mention it. Episode 4. There are also mentions of sex scattered throughout including a prostitute. Be ready to fast forward. The rest is interesting but don’t think it’s sex free.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byGreen Meristic June 4, 2019

Friends at the end of the world

Despite having read the book many years ago, this adaptation kept me enthralled and, once started, I did not stop. The effects and acting were excellent. And they did a great job with the costumes too - the fly headdress and slight buzz for Beelzebub, the protagonist's varied clothing as they hopped through time. Not only did I love the story again, but as a fan of Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, and Dr. Who, there were lots of little easter-eggs and asides (the soldier is reading American Gods as the 4 horsemen pull up, the newspaper ad next to the Witchfinder recruitment is for Terry Pratchett's hat and scarf - which can be found in the bookshop.) The main message of doing good and caring for your corner of the earth rather than imposing your will on the world - despite the tribe you may have been born into, the profession you may have, or the destiny the universe may have set out for you is important. There are a number of scenes of graphic horror, however, so this is not a series for unaccompanied young children. (For example, an office full of people is consumed by a flood of maggots coming from a telephone, a cartoon animal is eviscerated and left pulsing gouts of blood onto the floor, and a power-mad child erases his friends' mouths.)

Parent of a 11 year old Written byJrassic rat June 19, 2019

Good tv show for whole famaly

It good for 10 and up and definitely not 9s
Parent of a 8 year old Written byThe Professor June 16, 2019

Devoid of any thought provoking content

I was a bit let down by this series as I was hoping for some manner of theological or philosophical prodding. Unfortunately, there was nothing outside of what was already seen in the preview and special effects were barely music video quality. I would be careful seeing it with less than a mature 12yr old, outside of the profanity/ F-bombs already mentioned. Amazon's TV-MA rating is appropriate. One of the main female protagonists is a prostitute. The sex scene other reviewers talked about is going to generate discussion to the uninitiated. Imagine going back and forth on facial expressions during loud acrobatic Hollywood one-night stand sex that lasts quite a while as it is being cut in and out of other plot scenes. Also a man gets out of bed with another man, who appears to be a prostitute, to take a phone call. Regarding the message of the series, it suggests that heaven and hell are the war mongers, and that humans can maintain peace, with the help of the antichrist and witchcraft. The plot involves the glorification of abdication - the idea that fulfilling one's duty is less noble than allowing oneself to become enamored by the pursuit a contrary direction as long as it seems interesting. I would recommend spending your time with something else if you aren't captivated by the second episode, because it doesn't get any better or more interesting.

Adult Written byAK2ME June 14, 2019

Not MA, but pg-13

My husband and I watched it and got a lot of good laughs from it. There are two separate episodes that show a quick bum, not in a sexual way, but you see Eve's bum and someone else's. There are 2 or 3 "F" words in the whole series. No violence. There is a scene that gets little blasphemes, but also had a nice message. We enjoyed the show, but I would maybe watch it with older teens. Oh, there is a scene where and guy and girl sleep with each other. You don't see anything, they are trying to be funny, but still tacky.