Kid reviews for Grace and Frankie

Grace and Frankie Poster Image

It is a very funny Show. Probably not for kids, but it's funny so you should watch it.

A little iffy but centered around the importance of friendship and family

It has a little too much swearing but its nothing kids haven’t heard before unlike some sexual comedies everything is consensual and lighthearted. Grace and Frankie fight things like agism and start a vibrator business based on female empowerment. They later start a business based on grace’s bad knees and back . At its core this show is about the friendship between Grace and Frankie, Grace has an alcoholic addiction but isn’t often portrayed as really serious or negative one of Frankie’s son’s has an alcohol and drug addiction but has been to rehab and seems to now have a good head on his shoulders In the first 2 seasons Grace resists Frankie’s friendship and every now and then they fight but they stick together. I think this is a great show for anyone over the age of 12 because even if you dont get the iffy references they don’t sink in . However if you are stricter or less mature watch with a parent I love how this show showcases the struggles between the two gay men and doesn't paint them in the stereotypical way.

Great acting

I'm honestly surprised on the TV-MA rating. There is some language such as f**k and s**t as well as sex scenes, but nothing a 13 year old hasn't seen or heard of before. I would have rated it TV-14 if I had the option. I am also confused on why most parents rated this 18+. In my opinion this is a little over protective because I watched this with my family when I was 13 and we all loved it and laughed together. practically and mature 13 year old would get the jokes in this and if you are concerned you could talk about it with your child.

very funny

this show is really funny, but from season 2 become a bit based around grace and frankie's sexual business.

Fun if you get it

It’s very funny but you might have to be a bit older to get it It has some quite inappropriate themes but it’s not portrayed in an inappropriate way I think that if you are ok with letting your kids watch a bit more mature things then this will be ok 14 is perfect age Has a bit of drugs but not in a bad way! No violence at all!

Hilarious Comedy, Great for Teens, Keeps Getting Better

In Grace and Frankie the first season has most of the swearing but after that it becomes the hilarious story of two completely opposite older woman becoming friends. No nudity but lots of sexual references. However, I do believe almost all your kids will know about the references and they will cause no harm. Definitely worth checking out but maybe watch the first few episode with your kids first.

Lighthearted comedy has some language and drug use

Grace and Frankie

Quite a bit of cussing, many references to sex, drugs and alcohol. I recommend for young ladies and women, who are discovering their sexuality.

Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin comedy gives heart as well as laughs

If you're going to watch this Netflix original, you're probably expecting humor. There is plenty of it. It is funny to adults and teens alike. Lots of funny mildly sexual as well as drug reference jokes. Expect embarrassing, awkward, ridiculous and some touching moments. Though this show tells the story two gay men leaving there wives for each other, it thankfully never depicts gay people too negatively. The couple is sweet, and has some funny and interesting experiences adjusting to their new life as a gay couple. Grace and Frankie are meanwhile left to fight over the possession of their co owned beach house. The separation does lead to a lot of family tension with the adult children stuck in the middle. One of Frankie's two sons is a drug addict and alcoholic, and is hopelessly in love one of Grace's daughters who is already married. Characters drink, smoke pot and tobacco and cuss. Characters occasionally say hurtful things, but it usually resolved in the near future. Hippie Frankie and wannabe health nut Grace constantly bicker, but in the end find out they really need to be there for each other. Expect excellent acting from a show that in the end delivers a message about family coming in all shapes and sizes, and being there for each when things get rough.

A little iffy