All teen and kid member reviews for Graceland

Teen, 14 years old Written byHeq073198 July 22, 2013

More Aaron Tveit!

I never would have been attracted to watching this show if it weren't for my attraction to Aaron Tveit. After falling in love with him in Les Mis, I couldn't resist sneaking a peek. I wasn't dazzled, but I wasn't abhorred either. It has its hokey moments, but it also has its watchable ones. And of course every episode ends with a confusing cliffhanger that has me wanting closure. There is also a constant use of "sh*t" that this review seems to be myopic to. Graceland isn't one of the greats, but adds a little spice to dull summer TV.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJennasMagic July 10, 2014

Amazing and filled with plot twists.

Teen, 14 years old Written byandyetsofar July 12, 2016

Very Dark, But Addictive!

This show is very good, well acted and very engaging. It is fascinating to see how light and fun many of the scenes are that take place inside the house, compared to how dark and dangerous the scenes are when the characters are on the job. The cast is very diverse and have good chemistry. However, it is not for anyone. There is quite a bit of drug use, characters who are high, and violence, due to the nature of the character's jobs. In the third season an important story arc revolves around a main character who gets addicted to painkillers. To be fair, in general the show portrays drug use in a negative light, and does not shy away from showing how using drugs destroys the characters' lives and hurts people around them. The language is on par with that of a PG-13 movie, with S--- used often as well as other curses, but no clearly audible F-bombs. There are several sex scenes (no nudity) implied sex and sexual references. The agents deal with a sex trafficking ring in the second season. Shirtless men (sometimes in nothing but underwear), and a few scenes where women are naked (however any sensitive parts are covered.) In the third season a man's bare buttocks are seen for a moment. The show addresses moral ambiguity by asking the question 'If we do questionable/illegal things to catch bad people, are we any better than then?' Sometimes the characters make bad decisions in the heat of trying to stop criminals. Another highly explored topic is that of family, as the agents grow close together in the first season, however their bonds are tested in the second and third. The characters are also very smart and think creatively, so therefore sometimes characters motives and plotlines are hard to follow. Often its positive messages are written between the lines, and require some afterthought to get the full effect of. However, despite all of these things, Graceland is a very well-written, very engaging show that I highly recommend, but only to parents and kids who can handle its themes and follow its story.