Parent reviews for Green Eggs and Ham

Green Eggs and Ham Poster Image

Green Eggs And Ham Is Worth The Watch, Season 1 & 2 Review

Season 2 of Green Eggs and Ham is out. Like season one it had its share of language, a little beer, and a little bit of scandal. Watching this show with my child was an interesting experience as you can see there are many hidden "easter eggs" for adults that will probably be missed completely by a child. These are moments that point to things going on in our current culture. Essentially, the entire premise is about two sides or two groups of "people" who don't like each other. In this case, it is because of which side they butter their toast on. They have a wall built between them and never really see each other but make a lot of assumptions. However, they try to attack each other with bombs. It also takes a stance on the Romeo and Juliet love story as the two main characters, or "the kids" as the narrator calls them are always sneaking around together, exploring one side of the wall. Their's is a forbidden love as each of them is from a different side of the wall, or toast issue. There were a few weird moments, like Sam and Pam. At first, you think Pam will be the love interest of Sam, but then she ends up being his mother who abandoned him as a child. Sam has some weird moments with the other characters, like getting lost in Loka's eyes, etc. Over all these are little moments, kids really wouldn't pick up on and it is a really funny, colorful show for kids. It is outlandish and has a very "Dr. Suess" like plot. I have always been a fan of the books. I had no hesitations with my child watching this series a second time and I am pretty picky with the TV shows and movies we play.
2 people found this helpful.

Best scene is when Sam I Am says “AYO PIZZA HERE”

Mild Language

My kids wound up using some language like "idiot" and "imbecile" that they learned from the show. Additionally, there is some significant arguing and yelling which strikes me as a negative exposure for younger kids in particular. If kids are sensitive to authority figures yelling, it could be triggering. Better for older kids I think.

This is the reason.

I've watched this show, and it should be rated 7+ Sam and Guy had a complement in Epsiode 12, There. Squeaky almost swears, but a squeak bleeps it out. At the Carnival, A guy uses a sword to pull his heart out. Yesman goes to the Stinkhouse, which includes beer. This is still a fun and classic show for kids and adults alike.

Love the animation

The cast is just wonderful. The voices fit perfectly into their personality and has beautiful imagery. The only problem is that the goat is a bounty hunter and tends to kill both sam and guy on a boat by puncturing holes in a locked room underwater

Review green egg and ham

Writing are so bad the animation really good but I can criticise it. The characters are so bad. And to top it all off the theme song is absolutely terrible! Here is my rating. Story 2/10 Animation 8/10 Characters 1/10 Theme song 1/10 3/10

My son says it's scary

My 6 year old son says this show is scary and not funny at all. He asked me to rate it here.

Bad language

I don’t think this is appropriate for young children — it’s a little scary, so many “stupid”s and “shut-up”s!, and I’m not sure my 5yo really follows the plot line.