All parent member reviews for Grey's Anatomy

Adult Written byperfectsense April 15, 2011

Adult Written bySunsetDarling August 29, 2009

Love it! Give it a go.

I love this show! I'm hooked. Although many parents seem to have concerns about the sexual content, drinking or drug references and some coarse language, personally I don't think it's inappropriate. There is very little coarse language, the sexual references would fly over your head if you didn't understand, and drinking does not play a major role in the show. I've learnt a lot from this show, as they talk about medical conditions, and then I search them up or talk to someone who is in the medical field.
Adult Written byILYW April 9, 2008

A REASON TO LOVE THURSDAYS!

After the stress of a long week there is nothing better then to unwind Thursday night and enjoy a drama packed new episode of Grey's Anatomy with the family. My husband, 8 year old daughter, and I have become hooked on this show and reserve a special part of the day each Thursday to sit down ans watch it!
Parent of a 16 year old Written bymedicalphiliac January 29, 2011

Perfect for anyone!

Amazingly positive. Helped me determine what I wanted to do with my life.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byjana223 June 20, 2014

great show for tweens and teens!

This a great medical drama, some parents would think of it slightly inappropriate because of the characters personal relationships but if your child is mature enough to know what these "personal relationships" are they should be fine.
Adult Written bycggray703 February 1, 2014

A great show, but intense

This show is phenomenal. It is suspenseful and interesting and it depicts surgeons saving lives--what could be better? But the intensity of the job is also well depicted. The lives of surgeons are almost always on fast forward and their decision making processes are expedited as well. There are many quick decisions characters later regret, most of which involve sex. There are risks which are often ignored in terms of the medical procedures performed, but those come with the territory. Overall, the show may not have many great role models, but it does have good messages. You just have to weigh the often graphic scenes. The show does do a good job of illustrating the intensity of what it would be like to be a surgeon in a world renowned hospital.
Parent Written byViloet August 17, 2013

What I violet think of grays anatomy

I think it is a little off putting sometimes but the show is very well done the acting is quite good I have a little 8 year old at home and he main reason I don't let her whatch it is not the fact that their is an occasional grows picture but of the sexual themes and messages
Parent Written byLeenaChen June 6, 2012

Great Show, save for older kids

First off, why are children posting what age they think should be able to watch it? Grey's Anatomy is an unbelievably gripping show. The writers are dedicated to portraying diverse characters of different ethnicities, sexual orientations, economic backgrounds, and religions. However, this show is a no-go for young children. The characters turn to alcohol to solve their problems, and everyone has had sex with everyone. I just don't think younger kids should be watching shows with "screaming orgasms." There is cursing, but it is not usually over the top. There was a violent episode in season six in which a man shot and killed 11 people in the hospital, and the surgery scenes may be graphic for some too.
Parent Written byfirstavenger11 February 12, 2012

Greys anatomy

Adult Written bylemonlimetwist January 20, 2010

Very interesting, but not for kids

Grey's is a fascinating show from the medical standpoint and is almost worth watching for that reason alone. However, this is definitely not appropriate for kids under 15 or so due to the sexual content and complex dramas in the lives of the characters.
Adult Written bycrap July 15, 2009

Life nor relationships can be defined in simply black or white, true life comes only in shades of Grey.

This show has everything, the drama, the suspense, and anyother positive word that you could possibly give. Of course, there is sexually natured doctors in here and for someone that I read, it does happen. Doctors are not Gods, they act like this. Doctor's drink, have sex, and sneak around like anyother person might do. The show has very realistic cuts and everything. The show has a role model for everyone, I think that the person that everyone could relate to, even men is Izzie. Christina also, they noth have troubles that you would not expect but that are real. This show has the best storylines and is down to earth. Everything that happens in this show is realistic and could happen to anyone.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byalinzasmommy2006 December 20, 2008

BEST SHOW

This is personally my favorite show (I am 23). I don't think a 15 yr old should be watching it though. (as rated).... def. more for adults.
Adult Written bytootoolvr14 April 9, 2008

good show

there is some sex but its not a focal point of the show. most shows now a days involve sex as a minor plot to interest people sadly. Doctors have to make big desicions and have to show good morals. sometimes. I recomend.
Adult Written byhumzarizvi April 9, 2008

A great show!

Adult Written byspavards April 9, 2008

Only show I watch regularly!

I watch this with my (mature) daughters, one 13 and one almost 16. I still squirm at times in terms of my 13 year old watching some parts, however, realistically she is already aware of many of the situations. I try not to miss any opportunity to express my opinion about a character or plot if I feel it needs to be said. Believe me, they don't want to admit it, but we parents still have influence!
Adult Written byDocter14 April 9, 2008

I love it

I think that anyone over 14 can watch if they uderstand that some things like sexual contact, drugs, and alcohol are wrong. And if you have a kid that knows when to change the channel thats even better.
Adult Written byelizaphan330 April 9, 2008

Great show for adults

Adult Written byhsmom4jc April 9, 2008

Sex without protection by medical professionals??!!!

The only reason I rated this show for ok for aged 17 is because we're not given a choice to rate it adults only!! I think that should be a choice, especially for this show. I certainly hope that real life interns and drs. don't act the way they're portrayed here---having one night stands, sex with multiple partners, sex with subordinates (which would be sexual harrassment in the real world), and sex with no protection! Doctors??!!!! I think not!! This show sends the message that even health professionals think that parents are dorks if they believe in monogomous relationships with protection. My husband and I watched the preview and haven't watched since. It's off limits in our house.
Adult Written byconcernedparent... April 9, 2008

Adult Written byspider_woman April 9, 2008

An addicting primtime drama thats fun for teenager and parents

Grey's anatomy is the one show i look forward to watching each week. It will have to be something really big to keep me from watching. grey's anatomy did feature some innappropriate material in the past but now in the third season they have gotten better. Nothing graphic was shown however, mabe making out but that's about the farthest they go. If your kid is squemish or easily frightened by blood, i do not reccomend this show. I look beyond the equivocal material and just enjoy the show for the funny and talented people in it.