All teen and kid member reviews for Grey's Anatomy

Teen, 13 years old Written byAthena Keene May 6, 2011

BST DNM DRAMA SERIES EVER IN THE WHOLE WORD - A MUST WATCH

THIS IS THE BEST FREAKING DRAMA SERIES IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i started watching this show when i was in 3rd grade and feel in love withthe characters and the mesages they had to learn. it toches my heart because i can relate to almost all the doctors in one way or another and sometimes even the patients. My favorite episode of all time is INTO YOU LIKE A TRAIN- Season 2. And remember what i always say there is a certain mauturity level needed to handle all this heavy stuff. Not just the drinking and the sex- but the lessons learned. They are sometimes sad and hard to accept or realize. This show never fails to touch my heart.
Teen, 15 years old Written byirene_lol November 16, 2008

Luv it!

I love this show. The cast is fantastic and the plot too.
Kid, 11 years old April 25, 2016

Amazing!

Having finished the 9th season, I know my review may seem hypocritical, as I am only 11. I believe that age doesn't matter really, when it comes to Grey's Anatomy, as long as your child is mature. Yes, it includes gore and blood, in surgeries, and that may scare some. However, this addictive series is most definitely a must-see. There are sexual scenes where people are in bed together, although no nudity or anything too severe. I would recommend this to anyone mature enough to watch it. Honestly, in this new generation, the internet is full of dodgy things; things your child is almost certain to encounter. If they know about this sort of stuff, limiting them has no purpose. If they know about sex, this show is harmless. As far as language goes, if your kid has not started swearing by the age of 12. I'm sure mild language in a TV Show will influence them to do so. Deaths of some characters can be heart-breaking, however, heart-break is not rare in life. In some perspectives, it prepares them, which is actually quite beneficial. Characters are really ambitious to become a great surgeon, which I believe is very positive. Also, as doctors, they save lives every day. Therefore, they could be considered as role-models. In conclusion, I recommend that you do more research about this show, and really consider on how it would actually affect your child. As I currently believe it's not dangerous for your child in anyway.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykylaaromero February 15, 2016
Teen, 16 years old Written byyost820 April 9, 2008
Fanastic show, appropriate for 12+.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygreysfan123 July 29, 2016

Grey's Anatomy should be aged 13+

I love grey's anatomy. I think that it should be aged 13+. Sure, it has sexual content, graphic images, and more, but 13 year olds are mature enough to know what it is. Yes, it has the scenes, but it is also informational. As you watch, you get to learn a lot about surgery and a lot on what to do if you ever want to be a doctor. I don't agree with people saying that 10 or 8 year olds should be watching it because they haven't learned anything about sex or drugs except not to do it. I love watching it because it does give you the feels in some episodes and it has good characters with good personalities. I learned that Grey's Anatomy is a show where each episode, that event actually happened to a real person. Knowing that the surgeries they perform in Grey's were actually performed on actual people, it makes me want to become a doctor some day. Not because of the sex or drama, but because of what happened to the patient and this show is creating a way for the viewers to know what happens in a hospital and how the person ends up. It also explains some medical terms with makes this more informational. So I think that Grey's should be aged 13 and up
Teen, 15 years old Written byveronica___panayotti June 20, 2016

The best TV show ever made

This series isn't just about sex and drinking and that kind of thing. This tv show teaches kids about so many other things. About choices. About guilt. About life. Watching this tv show made me consider becoming a surgeon myself. I was completely opposed to going to need school, or having anything to do with medicine when I graduate high school. But this made me seriously consider going to need school and saving lives for living. All in all, this is a great tv show for both teens and adults. But it could be a but inappropriate for kids under the age of 13.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAPPROPRIATE CHILD March 12, 2016

Great Show!

Honestly, Grey's Anatomy is a bit inappropriate. But my Mother, of all people approves! It is a great show, and you will love it! When the actors have you know what it really doesn't show it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byimateennotashhimed April 17, 2015

Really good for adults and for 13 year olds

I think is not a bad show and I really liked it. It shows sex and lesbian relationship scenes, so if you are not agree don't watch this with your kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCupcakeSweetie7534 July 12, 2011

Not a Family TV Show

This my favorite TV series! It's very unique and you'll always want to see the next episode. Although, be warned that sometimes it can be graphic and very sad. (I've cried before, and I'm 13!) Occasionally children, animals, and even babies die, people are sometimes shown suffering and sexual behavior may be a bit over the top for younger kids. But over all, very suspenseful show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byslasher23 September 5, 2010
some graphic images and some sexual content.some language.not for kids
Teen, 13 years old Written byHarleyandJoker487 August 17, 2016

Mature teens only

This is great show for mature teens only not for younger kids in my opinion I think it is best to wait until you feel that you have maturity
Teen, 17 years old Written byLibbykia08 July 14, 2016

Greys anatomy

GREAT SHOW!!! I feel you need to be mature when you watch this show... Definitely 14 and up maybe 13 at the lowest... Lots of inappropriate things are talked about but other than that it's awesome!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byrockybaby January 17, 2014

Great for mature teens!

As long as you are mature, then you can watch it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHarryClaryBerry February 11, 2013

Great show!

This show is amazing! There is the issue of sexual content, but other than that, it's a very good show. There is a lot of medical speak, so your kids will probably pick up some of that - I sure did!
Kid, 8 years old July 26, 2010

Perfect for adults... Not so much for kids...

I think that NO 6 year old should watch it. If the person watching it has expeirienced ALOT and mean have heard ALOT of swear words, then this is pretty OK for them. I watch it to study human anatomy (body) .
Teen, 13 years old Written byCamille Engelson August 4, 2016

Grey's Anatomy Review

'Grey's Anatomy' is an excellent show for mature teens and adults. It is good for anyone who is mildly interested in the medical world, even if you know nothing about it. It goes into depth of the entire experiences of the staff members of the fictional hospital Grey-Sloan Memorial. (The name of the hospital changes throughout the show.) Shonda Rhimes, the creator, continues to do a good job keeping the show going.
Teen, 14 years old Written byshree July 27, 2016

Teens 13 and Up Should Be Able to Watch This

This TV show actually has positive and empowering women, for example Dr. Izzie Stevens who was getting objectified for being a model really stood up to all the people who were making fun of her. It really spreads feminism and the cast is very diverse which is nice to see. I think even though it references Sex and Drinking kids should be able to see this, because it really does have some type of positive message aside from the doctors' personal lives.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylivijoy123 August 23, 2016

AMAZING

Best show EVER! I started watching this with my brother a year a go and have been binge watching since. Little bit of sex but not too too bad. All of the doctors are great role models for kids and teens,( aside from their sex life) they are why i want to be a surgeon. A must watch for everyone.
Teen, 15 years old Written byabch August 20, 2016

Amazing show

It's not inappropriate however it may "gross" kids out but there is not much cursing or violence