Parent reviews for Hannah Montana

Hannah Montana Poster Image

Hit and miss!

The show in season 1 was bot bad. It definitely shows that the actors were children but it was entertaining with catchy music. Season 2 improved almost every aspect of season 1 and if it was the last season this show would be a 5*. However when the show reached it's 3rd season the charm was gone and it became more about how Miley got whatever she wanted and her friendship with Lily went from great to very toxic quick. Miley became the worst friend ever, not only cruel and selfish but also whiny and full of herself. Jackson got too dumb all at once ruining what little character he had. The show went from focusing on her freinds and juggling her double life to a spoiled girl judging everyone around her and whining when she didn't get her way... Oh yeah and almost every plot point is Miley wanting to date a boy... But every boy was deemed not good enough for her. It's not as bad as season 4 however were Miley and Oliver's characters become almost unrecognizable. Lily is the only decent character in season 4. But not even Lily can save the mess this show became in season 4 and it's lucky Disney canceled it when they did! If we got a season 5 this show would be a definitive 1 star. This show is the best example of a fizzled out candle. Started bright and hot to just melt down into nothing.

Nostalgic Disaster

I watched Hannah Montana as a kid, I loved it and even now I'm a fan of Miley Cyrus because we stan wlw representation. But going back to the show in my 20s has shown me all the problematic content specifically gender stereotypes and taboo relationships. The show intends to provide good messages to kids about morality and everything else but the bad far outweighs the good. I would not let my little cousins watch this show.

Said the word “Tramp” in the first episode I watched

I just happen to sit down to my 10 year old watching this show when it called another young girl a tramp. Very disheartening to teach this type of talk about other young girls. We need to teach girls to build each other up not promote terrible words and drama. Certainly not for 8 to 10 year olds

i loved miley when i was a kid i hate to say that she ruined herself she went from being a lovable popstar to an attention seeking brat i really dont want little girls to look up to her the way i did

Love this show

I started watching Hannah Montana when it first aired in 2006 and I was 10 years old. It was a favorite for my friends and I. Since Disney+ has come out, it’s been fun revisiting all these old shows with my daughter. She’s a bit too young to understand teen shows, but it’s still a good excuse for me to watch again. I rated this age 8+ because I’m not sure it would capture the interest of kids who are younger. This show does have things like dating and kissing, but nothing really inappropriate. It’s comedic while still having good messages and family themes with Miley, Jackson, and their dad. I think it portrays a healthy and strong father daughter bond and a typical brother/sister arguing but still love each other relationship. Adults will probably enjoy all the references to other celebrities and shows, those are things I missed as a kid but have laughed at now.

Nostalgiaaa

Gee this was my show when it was first airing! I found it because my name is Hannah, and I got hooked. I had a schedule in the summer. Around eleven I'd go out and play in the sprinkles, run back in, change into "comfy" clothes, and that was the exact time Hannah Montana would start to play. It's so convenient to binge watch a whole series now, but it's easy to miss having to wait for a show to air, isn't it? Lot's of dating/drama but I was five when it started to air and didn't effect me at all. Character's are cute. Just make sure your kids don't look up Miley Cyrus because they watched the show!

I don’t enjoy this show, my youngest daughter does

The show seems stupid to me. I don’t like Miley Cyrus now, but I think she was okay back in 2006 so it’s okay that Miley Cyrus is the star of the show. But, even with that in mind, the shows titular character is a brat, especially in later episodes from 2009-2011. Also there is some kissing between characters, but I don’t mind that. Overall I don’t like this show, but my nine year old does enjoy this show.

not bad.

cute show. I wish Disney would put more shows like this and Lizzie McGuire. it is good.

Good show!

I don't think the show is inappropriate at all, but I think since the characters are teens it would make more sense and be more entertaining for older kids.