Parent reviews for Happy Days

Happy Days Poster Image

all about family

I agree with the reviewer who said that the 1st 2 seasons are not for children under 10 and are, in fact, more for teenagers. The other seasons are for the whole family. At the beginning of the series Fonzie was a thug, but he soon shed that image and became more family-oriented, thereby showing viewers that people can and do change. (On occasion, though, he had the opportunity to put his street smarts to good use, beating up bad guys.) After all, the scripts had him as having a very unstable life as a child. Family was something Fonzie didn't have but clearly wanted and needed. That's why the Cunninghams took him in as a family friend, often taking him with them on major trips.
1 person found this helpful.

One of the best family shows of the 70's.

To the person who commented before me, I would like to ask a question. Why would you show your children the first season of Happy Days? The first season is defintely not for children under the age of 10 (More for teenagers). If you want to watch suitable seasons try 3 - 9. These are more classic sitcom oriented, and contain most of the classic episodes of this amazing show. It really is a very wholesome show! I mean, not as wholesome as "The Cosby Show" or "Little House of the Prarie", yet it is still a nice family show. Overall, Richie is a very good role model and Fonzie beats up the bad guys! It is a true disservice to future generations if you don't introduce them to the Fonzie Character. If you keep your children away from this amazing sitcom, then sit on it! :D

1 person found this helpful.

These Happy Days are not "Yours and Mine"

Promotes violence to solve problems. Treats women as sex objects. Perpetuates the myth that the 50s was a better time.

A little more mature than I remembered

I wanted to share a fun old family show with my kids (11, 9 and 7). We didn't make it through the first episode. The kids were bored because the subject matter was mostly about teenage dating. I ended the episode when the discussion turned to how Richie could unhook his date's bra. Not quite what I want to share with my pre-teens.

7? Really? Ok, but read the summaries first!

There's a lot of making out, and old fashioned and outdated boys/girls, men/women interaction, but it's worth talking about.
I rented the first season to watch with my 7 and 11 year olds. It was definitely not for their age group. The boys are focused on undoing girls bras and getting hickeys and going all the way. In one episode Richie gets drunk.

Perfect!

not rated for age

Comedy for all the family

This is a clean, innofensive situation comedy.