Parent reviews for Heidi

Heidi Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Foul language

I thought it was cute until I heard Heidi’s grandfather say “I’ll be damned” over and over like three times in the course of the show. Next thing I know I hear a character call someone else stupid and then a third character says, “Damnit.” Why is that language appropriate for a kids show? I was so upset my 4 year old heard this and then tried out the language. I’m not happy.

End of season 1 is inappropriate

In the last few episodes, a mother reveals to her child that she has been lying to him about who his father is because the child was actually the result of an affair she had with married man who later went back to his wife. I was shocked that all this was explained so clearly to young children because it was not needed and totally age inappropriate.

Repetitive profanity in a kids show?

Turned this on for my kid...within 3 minutes i heard "damnit" "ill be damned" at least four times. This is just sad and unnecessary.

unnecessary language

Within about 5 minutes of my daughter watching this show, we heard the characters say "dammit", "I'll be damned", and "damn" repeatedly. This is totally unnecessary language for a show that is rec'd for young children. Really disappointing.

Loved the first season Not the 2nd

First of all the 1st season had all the positive messages and sweetness you can imagine from Heidi. The 2nd season got a little disgusting. For example in episode 06 "Bridget's Secret" it's revealed that Peter's father a watchmaker is alive and living in Frankfurt (in the original version he was a goatherd that passed away when Peter was young). Peter becomes distressed when he realises that the watch his mother "Bridget" gave him has the name of another man Anton Bendorf, and not Pablo ( a made up story of his father that was a Spanish Soldier) he then becomes upset and demands to know who is his real father is. Bridget eventually tell him the story on how her and his father fell in love one summer when he came to Dörfli, she even states that though he never hid the fact that he was already "married" they didn't care as they were so "in love", after multiple affairs he decides to return to his wife and not get a divorce and she finds out she's pregnant with Peter, but never tells him as they never saw each other after that. His father then appears in other episodes and has absolutely no remorse of having cheated on his recently deceased wife. Basically implying that infidelity, cheating, adultery and lying is all okay. That is not religiously, morally and socially acceptable. I find that appalling and disgraceful considering the age group on which this show was intended for.

Cute n Entertaining

Its a nice new update being 3D to a great classic. I highly recommend it. I wish I could view it in german. It should be shown in german also.

Sweet & Darling Story

Sweet character of Heidi, character I’ve loved since I was a girl. This is the new updated version and my daughter loves it.