All parent member reviews for Hot Wheels: Battle Force 5

Parent of a 4 year old Written byshoe22 April 12, 2011

Too violent for my Little Man

If I had known how violent it was, I would never have gotten it from Netflix for my four-year-old. He received a couple of Battle Force 5 toys in McDonalds Hapy Meals, and has been wanting to see the show. One episode in particular, "My Man Zug," shows an alien robot tearing other alien robots' heads off and drilling through their torsos with his drill-bit hand. My son chooses not to watch one or two of the episodes because, he says, "All they do is lots of fighting." Had I watched it by myself the first time instead of with him, I would have waited until he was a few years older.
Adult Written bywodencafe January 16, 2011

Excellent Show

To address most concerns regarding the appropriateness of the show: It's extremely mild. While there are combat scenes, it's mostly done behind the wheel, using advanced car-weapon systems, and as expected of a kids show, the main villains always come back. The "Mild Trash Talking" is comparable to 1st grade Recess, the "violence" is PG at worst, and there is little Consumerism pushed on the audience (Your child may want a new Hot Wheels toy car. They're what, a couple of dollars? Parents are lucky it's not some new Star Wars, with kids asking for lifesized R2D2's and a closet full of Lucasarts Halloween Costumes.) This show deserves Awards for it's Reproduction Value, network recognition for it's ambitious storyline, and a chance to earn your viewership for the positive values BF5 instills.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byloosina November 9, 2010

Adult Written byvector333 July 9, 2010
Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written bymichugalug September 28, 2009

A robot is thrown (in his car) off a cliff while he is seemingly very self-aware. He is screaming. The so-called "mild trash talking" is too much. This is part of the problems with a lot of the kids these days. They watch these kinds of shows that fill up the networks and think it's okay to talk like that in real life. They bring this "attitude" to their peers, parents and school. This seems to happen at a very young age. There is no positive message in this show. It teaches kids to use violence to solve their problems. Kids need a show for 7 and up. I don't know of any except Arthur that teaches kids good lessons about what their experiencing at their age. They need more for kids who have outgrown The Little Einsteins but don't need to see the violent cartoons with little or no messages.