All member reviews for How Clean Is Your House?

Dusting divas polish people's dirtiest habits.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHelloKittyWinsAgain October 2, 2013

Common Sense Media First time here? Sign In Register Reviews Top Picks Best Apps & Games Videos Blog Educators About Us Donate Share on printShare on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailMore Sharing Services Register or sign in to save as a favorite How Clean Is Your House? BBC America Genre: Reality TV Review Common Sense Media says Dusting divas polish people's dirtiest habits. AGE2 4 6 8 1012141617 7 QUALITY Parents say See 11 reviews Review this title! AGE0 QUALITY Kids say See 3 reviews Review this title! AGE9 QUALITY What parents need to knowUser reviewsTV show details What parents need to know Parents need to know that there are times when this reality show's "ick" factor is enough to turn viewers' stomachs: Cameras zoom in on kitchen appliances that are literally dripping with grease, bacteria-ridden bathroom fixtures, and rodent-infested closets. The series addresses the potential health hazards (infections, parasites, air quality concerns) of living like this and offers lots of tried-and-true cleaning tips. The two female stars can be severe in their criticism of the participants' housekeeping skills, but they use it to shock them into action. Parents and older kids who tune in may be inspired to team up against the dust and dirt in their own home. Positive messages Violence & scariness Sexy stuff Language Consumerism Drinking, drugs, & smoking Expand to see more details What's the story? In the British reality series HOW CLEAN IS YOUR HOUSE?, two proper English ladies on a cleanliness crusade roll up their sleeves and tackle years' worth of grime, grease, and filth in homes that look like they've never seen the wet side of a sponge. Kim Woodburn and Aggie MacKenzie inspect every room -- sharing their dismay as they uncover mouse droppings in kitchens, moldy coffee cups in bedrooms, and extensive "poopy doop" toilet stains in bathrooms. After a thorough going-over, they confront the residents with their findings (they can be quite critical, taking a "tough love" approach), assure them that there's a light at the end of the dusty tunnel, and challenge them to turn over a new leaf. Is it any good? Led by Aggie and Kim -- who trade their pressed business attire for white cover-ups and (in Kim's case) fur-lined gloves when it's time to go to work -- a team of professional cleaners moves into the house for the rubbish renovation. The home's residents also contribute plenty of elbow grease, and Kim and Aggie offer lots of encouragement, handy cleaning tips (who knew a potato would scour a rusty pot?), and reminders about the health hazards of a messy home. Together the group transforms the home into a place that's once again fit for humans. Then, armed with a new cleaning schedule, the residents bid the dirt-destroying divas farewell until their check-up visit two weeks later, when Kim and Aggie will discover whether all their hard work has broken established bad habits. If you can stomach lots of greasy, sticky, mildewy scenes, How Clean Is Your House? is sure to make you feel better about the state of your own surroundings. In fact, the gross factor might just draw your kids to watch with you -- giving you the chance to remind them that with a little neglect, they, too, could be candidates for a visit from the show's clean team. Explore, discuss, enjoy Families can talk about why it's important to maintain a clean, tidy home. How do you feel when your house is messy? How about when it's clean? Do you like to clean? If you had to pick, what are your favorite areas of the house to clean? Your least favorite? Why? Have you learned any cleaning tips that make the tasks less difficult? How does cleanliness improve your overall health? Parents and kids can use this opportunity to develop a cleaning schedule with assignments for each family member. This review of How Clean Is Your House? was written by Emily Ashby Our ratings and reviews are informed by child development guidelines. Learn more. Review It Share your review with others I think it is *for kids * Is it any good? What should other families know about this ? Tell other families what you think Give your review a title * Hang on! You need to be a member to post your review. A safe community is important to us. Please observe our guidelines. Learning Products Quick Finder Choose an age Pick a category Pick a subject Pick a skill Great alternatives handpicked by our editors Clean This House! Supernanny Trading Spaces For kids who love Recommended tv lists Browse more TV TV shows starring Kim Woodburn Reality TV TV shows See all tv poll How did you first hear about Common Sense Media? Word of mouth Web search Common Sense Media app TV ads Facebook or Twitter News or blog article My school / teacher None of the above More from Common Sense Media Age-appropriate reviews Movies TV shows Games Websites Apps Books Music Top advice and articles Back-to-School Guide 40+ Movies to Watch Out For Homework Help Apps Books for Reluctant Readers Visite nuestro sitio en español Browse our library of reviews Now playing and coming soon Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (Movie) Runner Runner (Movie) Gravity (Movie) Captain Phillips (Movie) Romeo and Juliet (2013) (Movie) Carrie (2013) (Movie) Escape Plan (Movie) Ender's Game (Movie) Free Birds (Movie) Thor: The Dark World (Movie) Browse all reviews Movie reviews (a-z) Game reviews (a-z) App reviews (a-z) Website reviews (a-z) TV reviews (a-z) Book reviews (a-z) Music reviews (a-z) See what our editors recommend What we love New Kids' Movies Best Disney Movies Family Movies We Love Best Sleepover Movies New Kids' TV Star Wars Movies Wii U Games for Family Fun Dinosaur TV YouTube Sensations Award-Winning Books Browse more of what we love Best movies Best games Best apps Best websites Best TV Best books Best music About us Privacy policy Terms of use Press room Contact us How we rate & review Community guidelines Distribute our content Join our team Donate Become a fan Visit our fan page on Facebook Watch us! Watch our videos on YouTube You should follow us Get daily updates on Twitter Get Common Sense to go Download one of our apps © Common Sense Media Inc. 2013. All rights reserved. The Common Sense and Common Sense Media names, associated trademarks and logos, including the Decider Slider and Age Ratings Bugs, are trademarks of Common Sense Media, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization (FEIN 41-2024986).
Kid, 12 years old December 15, 2009

younger kids will find themselves bored

the only reason i sya it's off for 6 is because kids 6 and under will find thereselves bored but older kids wont. The show sends good messages about how u have to keep things tidy or the result won't be good.
Kid, 11 years old April 17, 2009

how clean is your house

it is good i think the tips giving are use fule for a lote
Adult Written byepierce April 9, 2008

They make it easy!

I love how Kim and Aggie make it look so easy. They show you how simple household items such as vinegar, lemon juice, and baking soda work wonders with less elbow grease than 20 different chemicals which give off fumes that make you sick! My bathroom had to be cleaned after my kids had a bath, and i was pregnant, the store bought bathroom cleaner was so harsh i didn't even notice it until i stepped out of the bathroom. felt so sick i was throwing up from it. i could smell the chemicals for 3 days after. must've burnt through my nasal passage. oh, and the baby is perfectly healthy. love you kim and aggie!!!
Adult Written byalvinsduckie April 9, 2008

good stuff!

I like the fact they use few chemicals, most of what is used is natural. no foul language, great personalities! love the show in general =D
Adult Written bynsf122436 April 9, 2008

It's wonderful and good clean fun

Adult Written bythelma April 9, 2008

Adult Written byoncrzyfml1 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bymiss_anna April 9, 2008

These women are my IDOLS

Kim and Aggie are the best duo I've seen yet. Their cleaning solutions are some of the best I have ever used. Plus I love the way they are direct and to the point with their "filth offenders" They remind me so much of my mother and it keeps me tuning in everyday. Way to go Ladies.
Adult Written byBRENDA72386 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bydrherrmann April 9, 2008

I really like it!

Event though the houses they clean are beyond everyday cleaning. The tips they give are very common sense. You don't have to go out and buy expensive chemicals to clean your house. Viniger does a lot. Including cleaning floors. I love the show!
Adult Written byallcurves67 April 9, 2008

Wonderful and Witty

I think this show proves there is methods to dealing with people with cleaning issues. Love the ladies.
Adult Written bylaurie55 April 9, 2008

I laugh!!

I love the program. I just don't know how people live like pigs. I'm a clean freak. Everything has a place and should be in place 24 hours a day. It is amazing how they can turn a pig sty into a clean house. I would like them to go back 6months a year down the road to see how the people are doing though.
Adult Written byjntkaylor April 9, 2008

canot live without

i love this show. it makes me feel cleaner everytime i watch.kim an mag,love there sence of humor.i would be sad if it were'nt on air
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

i think that how clean is your house is the best program because kim and aggie are funny and COOL.