Kid reviews for I Love Lucy

Classic clowning from comic genius; for all ages.

Teen, 15 years old Written byDonna Stone October 19, 2019

I Love Lucy- Understanding the show

I love Lucy is a great show to let kids seven and up see, because it shows a positive view of life in the 1950's. I put seven as the correct age, because younger children may not see it as intresting enough to sit down to. Love for something is built up by being exposed to it early on. There is nothing really objectionable in it. If you don't want to show your child any scenes with drinking, put on an episode without it, most do not have any drinking. In this modern world where 'independance' is valued so greatly, Lucy's role as a homemaker may not be appriciated, as Ricky often tells Lucy he does not want her to work out of the home. An important note about this is, when a woman married in the 1950's, SHE UNDERSTOOD that she was choosing marriage as a permanenant future job. I realised some consern of Ricky spanking Lucy. Yes, he is treating her like a child, BUT, if you watch the episode, Lucy was acting like a child. In Ricky's defense, Lucy is constantly buying expensive things without discusing them with him. Even today, a husband would get mad at his wife if she was constantly buying extravagant things. Ricky is also supposed to have a bad temper. But back to Lucy, she is clever smart, resourceful and beautiful. She always wears a dress, hat, gloves and high heels when she goes out of the house, except for in mabey one episode when she is wearing a coat over her slacks to take little Ricky to the park. I do love how Lucy never gives up on an idea. Even though some people may see her as controlled by her husband, the joke is, Lucy does practically whatever she wants! Example from "The Star Upstairs'' season 4.
Lucy: For once I'm not going to do what Ricky told me.
Ethel: For once? When have you ever done what Ricky told
you?
Lucy: Well why spoil a perfect record?
Lucy may be a little thoughtless in some of the episodes, but Lucy is Lucy and you have to love her for who she is. Lucille Ball herself did a great job of acting, after all, ' I Love Lucy' was her idea. Lucille Ball will always remain my favorite actress. Overall Lucy will influence little girls to be strong while remaining Ultimately feminine. After all, a good dedicated wife shouldn't be seen as being some type of prisoner by the modern world, and who else could teach that better than Lucille Ball?

Teen, 16 years old Written byxmolly January 21, 2013

Good wholesome fun!

Enjoyable for any age. I think there are a lot of lessons to learn and a lot of fun to be had watching I Love Lucy! Aside from the fact that there's occasional smoking, drinking, etc. there's no problem. Even that would only be a problem for the really crazy prude parents (seriously, if I Love Lucy isn't tame enough for your child, you have problems.)

Teen, 14 years old Written bydancegirl3697 August 29, 2011

Great for the Family!

This is a great series for the whole family! I laugh so hard every single time I watch Lucy that I start to cry. Lucille Ball is just the best female comedian ever! The best part is that shes FUNNY but CLEAN! Older teens may be bored of this, I understand. But I just love it! Love it! Love it!

LAUGH YOUR HEAD OFF!!!!!

dA BEST SHOW IN THE WORLD!! I LOVE THE HUMOR!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheFullReview June 22, 2019

Classic Family TV!

My mother introduced me to the memorable I Love Lucy when I was 10. We quote something from this show almost every day.
Lucy is a ditz with a heart of gold. She's mischievous and downright silly. Unlike most shows, this one kept authenticity throughout many, many seasons. Growing up with her is fun!
From what I remember, some innuendo was plopped into the dialogue here and there. No language whatsoever. Violence was comical. Drinking and smoking was common (since this one took place during the 50s when it was allowed) but never in excess.
Definitely a must watch for some family fun!
Teen, 13 years old Written byPikaPika56 June 13, 2018

The classic comedic couple

This show is super hilarious and fun to watch. Yes the classic episode were Lucy gets drunk has alcohol but this is played for comedic purpose . I was cracking up the whole episode. Lucy always wants to try out her crazy ideas while bringing her freind Ethal into it. The two show that Evan when
They fight they are still such great freinds. I recommend this show to parents who want there child to wach something wholesome and not bad influence or rude like sponge bob fuller house nickalodian or any new animeatedbshow really most shows these days have terrible role modles for kids. Any who there is also a bit of drinking and smokeing in the show but that was the 50s for you.at least wach with your kid

Kid, 11 years old January 12, 2014

Great show and I'm only 11

I love this show and I'm only 11 and it is funny and entertainment.I watch this all day.But they do drink and smoke but there are positive messages like stay true to you friends.Also there is only one episode that lucy gets drunk but that's All.

Kid, 11 years old November 1, 2011

Hilarious!

This show is hilarious! Although my friends tease me about it, I don't care! I'm proud of liking this show.
Kid, 12 years old August 23, 2009

I LOVE LUCY IT'S MY FAVORITE SHOW

I LOVE LUCY IT'S MY FAVORITE SHOW
GREAT SHOW IT'S THE BEST SHOW EVER MADE

Kid, 11 years old June 16, 2021

EXTREME FUNNY HAZARD!!!

lucy is so funny you will laugh so hard, if you are eating you might choke.It is one of my favorite TV shows, how ever she is not a good role model.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWazzara December 31, 2020

The Best Comedy In The World!

I rate it 7+ because some of the things Lucy and the other characters do are absolutely ridiculous, and they certainly aren't good role models. Ricky (Lucy's husband) often acts like he has more power over Lucy than he does, for example, Lucy often tries to get a job but Ricky doesn't let her and purposely prevents her from being hired. And Lucy and her landlords/best friends are always getting into silly fights. Most of it is just funny, but I wouldn't want a little kid to try to act like any of the characters on this show, because they are rude to each other and do dumb things. However, this show is very entertaining and I've loved it since I was a little kid, and it is the best comedy show ever created, that's a fact.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHistoryNerd123 September 21, 2020

Hilarious show

I love this show, and have seen every episode. There isn't much to worry about, There is some drinking and smoking, but This was much more expected in the 50's.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMusiclovergig July 6, 2020

Classic

Old iconic praised sitcom is still pretty hilarious
Teen, 13 years old Written byLady Arwen August 6, 2019
Lucy is very funny. You will be laughing through all the series. The humor is very funny without being inappropriate or crude.
Kid, 12 years old August 9, 2018

the most awesome series ever

Kid, 11 years old December 15, 2017

THIS IS MY FAVORITE TV SHOW!!!!!!!

For fans of classic comedy, or just fans of laughing, this show is right for you! Lucille Ball makes the plot lines so funny! Nothing is bad, so I think this is OK for ALL ages
Kid, 11 years old July 22, 2017

This is the best show!! May not be great for very young kids.

The messages about marriage are not great. There is light smoking and drinking. Other then that, this show is completely appropriate, and it's terrific! Lucille Ball is one of the funniest actresses!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCoolpool785 June 10, 2017

Amazing rom-com sitcom.

Nothing much else. WATCH IT!

Teen, 16 years old Written byhewasacarrot19 September 17, 2016

Been watching the show since I was 3 or 4 - absolutely the smartest show ever!

I've been watching this show ever since I can remember, of course you have to take in to account how insanely different the times were when you're watching it, but that really just adds to the humor of it. Not only is the writing just absolutely genius, but the acting is some of the best I've ever seen. Me and my brother always watch a couple a day. There are episodes I'm sure I've easily watched hundreds of times, and can quote start to finish, and still, every time I watch it, I can't help laughing out loud. It is really a comfort to watch and also really exciting to follow, great for kids and teens!! Literally no swearing, sex (they weren't even allowed to say the word pregnant!), smoking, innuendos, etc., I mean they're all grown adults do they might drink alcohol but they never purposefully get drunk or ever abuse alcohol. You could basically show this to babies and I'm sure they'd love it!

Teen, 13 years old Written byLilly Lovegood September 5, 2016

Great comedy, fun for all the family

This is a great show it is funny and very appropriate. All ages can watch and the whole family will be laughing. There are a few smoking scenes but nothing to bad. Overall, this is a great TV series.
Signed,