Kid reviews for Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus

Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus Poster Image

amazing animation and it manages to keep the same humor and vibe as the show despite coming out 13 years after it ended!!! recommend it so hard

AWESOME MOVIE!! But...

I think it’s a great movie! It was very well done. But there are a few things you should be aware of. Zim. He’s evil. He is an evil alien set out of destroying the earth, and is willing to do whatever it takes to do so. He isn’t really the best role model for kids, but in a way he is. He Dosent give up on pleasing the tallest, and is very nice to mini moose. But that’s something I found interesting. He’s so determined and desperate to get the tallest’s approval, that led me to thinking Zim isn’t who I thought he was. Maybe the reason he’s so obnoxious and narcissistic is because deep down, he’s lonely and depressed....Speaking of the tallest.. The tallest are hillarious characters. They are leaders that like to blow up stuff, are funny and sarcastic, and eat junk food. But they hate Zim. Like HATE Zim. They sent him off to earth and told him he was on a secret mission, but in reality they were just trying to get rid of him. They even say “I liked him better when he was dead.” Dib is a hero in the story. But he Dosent like Zim. He calls him a molron, and yells at him all the time. They are anything but friends. But dib Dosent give up on saving the world, and he tries to impress his dad, but his dad says he way always proud of him. Gaz is dibs younger sister (I think) and she does help him save the world. But she is very quiet and likes picking on Dib. But at one point, when Dib has given up, she says “Normally seeing you crying is hillarious, but it’s not funny when your this sad. Get up! You’ve seen what I’ve done to you, this is nothing!” That’s good and bad. Gir is cute. He’s supposed to be an evil robot, but he Dosent really do anything evil. But he does say thing like “I ate a baby there!” And “I launched that pug into space!” So some kids will think this movie is funny and awesome, while others will think it’s creepy and weird. It just depends on your audience. I’m still surprised I liked it. I never knew I would, considering I grew up on lalaloopsy and Barbie dolls and Elsa. I did cringe a little. The opening scene is very, what’s the word, intense. There is a scene when Dib is a huge muscular creature, and starts having spit foam out of his mouth. Ew. Not very many kids will like that. I chose this as our class movie during lunch, and a few kids liked it, but most of them were EXTREMELY weirded out and are probably scarred for life. But I laughed more times then I cringed. I even made a new friend because we both liked Zim. And believe me, for some kids it’s hard making friends once your a teenager.

I think it's good

Not having seen the series, I think it's good Teaches that even though we'll thought plans can fail, u should never give up and turn the situation to your advantage. Zim had planned to conquer Earth but that failed. Feeling sorry for him, his arch nemesis accidentally raised his hopes He had planned on revealing him to the world but Zim turned the tide with newfound hope

Lacks the darkness and edginess of the series.

Despite being a fan of the original series as well as someone who waited years since the announcement of this movie for its official release, I was honestly and massively disappointed with this movie. The story and characters felt more “wholesome” in a way and don’t get me wrong wholesome is nice, but this is Invader Zim we’re talking about! Much of the charm of the original series came from how relentless and mean it was. I don’t like what they did with Gaz and the Membrane family. There are tons of shows out there about happy family bonding. The fact that there was no love and affection in Invader Zim is one thing that made it different from all other shows. As someone who doesn’t like people, the dark and unwelcoming world of the series was a big draw to it for me, and that wasn’t present in the movie. There being a “Peace Day Celebration” feels out of place in the world of Invader Zim. The pacing ranged from agonizingly slow to hyper fast. The movie was lacking the edge the original series had. The dark humor was dry enough to slide right past the censors without issue. Some of the dark humor such as Gir saying he ate a baby or Professor Membrane implying he lost both his arms to a shark might’ve been dark if this movie came out decades ago, but these are nothing compared to the dark stuff that’s been in cartoons in the last few years. Cartoons these days are much more dark and edgy than they were in 2001, so the writers missed a great opportunity to try things they weren’t allowed to do back then. I really liked the voice acting though.

It’s ok.

The movie has some good stuff but it’s not as good as the show.

Great movie to go with the series

T J is disagreeable

This movie had alot of great pacing so dont listen to T J. Invader Zim is the best so i would reccomend it.

I LOVED IT

I used to love the show when i was younger, so when i found the movie, I WAS ECSTATIC. Invader Zim is the best show out there and the movie was done perfectly.

Awsome

The dark humor is more dry than the tv show. The lack of some past characters (ms bitters, iggins,scooge,tak) was pretty disappointing. There really isn’t any lessons here, which honestly not every kids show HAS to be educational. It’s just fine.