All parent member reviews for Iron Chef America

Adult Written byeveryguy May 1, 2010

I started watching this after my 11 year old daughter found it on the food channel. She was already interested in cooking and this made her really excited about it. We like the action and the chefs passion for their work. We also enjoyed who will be the next iron chef.
Parent of a 1 and 8 year old Written byMama2boys April 21, 2010

Wonderful and entertaining family show that might make you hungry!

We love Food Network and really enjoy Iron Chef. My son (and us too) has learned a lot regarding foods and cooking (and sometimes wants to be a chef when he grows up). I was surprised CSM rated it for older kids, as we have never seen anything in it that we found to be inappropriate (what slight innuendo is very mild and not easy for youngsters to catch). They do cook with and serve alcohol, but we never thought anything of it, since it is just a part of cooking and dining and isn’t singled out. We find the Chairman to be campy and funny (i.e the swoosh sound effect when he turns his head) and the mild bragging is good natured and smacks more of confidence than bragging to us. We really enjoy the show, and love to guess what the secret ingredient is going to be before it is revealed and which Iron Chef will be selected. The pacing is fast enough to keep it interesting. We feel it encourages creativity and best effort, teaches about cooking and foods (and some history) and like how the chefs and judges model good sportsmanship. Another bonus has been shows like this have made my picky son a bit more adventurous of an eater.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bygizzy209 May 7, 2010