All parent member reviews for Johnny and the Sprites

Adult Written bydalejennemma April 9, 2008

I enjoy this show as much as my toddler does!

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 16, 2012

johnny and sprites

Families can talk about the many lessons the characters learn in each episode. Which character was having trouble? What was the problem he or she faced? How did the character's friends help? What did they all learn about themselves? Kids: Have you ever had a problem like one of the ones on the show? When? How did you solve it? Who helped you? How do you help when your own friends are feeling sad?
Adult Written byfergusonisrael March 13, 2010

show contains magic.

This seems great in all areas except it has magic, and it should be noted in the comments for parents to realize.
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written bytravelinlite75 June 10, 2009

stupid and annoying

my son used to like this show and i would beg to have him watch something else cause it was so dumb and annoying, no learning
Parent of a 1 and 4 year old Written byMattzgirl November 24, 2008

Johnny and MY Kids

My kids are 17 months and 5 years old. The music is great the dancing is fresh and creative. The story lines are meaningful and developmentally/socially challenging. Johnny's character is sweet and lovable. The sprites are basically the children and Johnny and Sage are the adults.
Adult Written bydavidsmommy April 9, 2008

My little boy loves this show!!!

My son is only 10 months old, and he loves this show. Obviously he probably isn't learning much other than the songs, but he laughs at the sprites, and he really enjoys the music! I personally enjoy watching the show as well, I think it has great education value, and kids and parents can enjoy the music and the life lessons! I actually have one of the songs stuck in my head right now haha, because it is such a great show!
Adult Written bylvminole April 9, 2008

...and Johnny's not too bad on the eyes either!

My 13 month old son is captivated by this show and my 6 year old will stop to watch it as well, a win-win situation in my book! The sprites are adorable and Johnny's not too bad on the eyes either! So, if you are tired of the same old, same old morning cartoons, this is the show for you. The songs, written by Broadway geniuses, are especially for this younger audience are brilliant! This is the one show I can tolerate watching fully with my sons!
Adult Written byanniekim April 9, 2008

not as good as the mini show version but appealing

Adult Written byNativeIsis April 9, 2008

A great New Edition to the educational line up!

We have been waiting for this show to be expanded for a year & now my 4 year old requests for us to tape it when we aren't going to be home to watch it. We love the different personalities of the Sprites and the lessons they teach by example. The Sprites are characters that children can identify themselves with and Johnny is an awesome older brother type personality. Here's hoping that they bring the Sprites out as cuddy buddies or toys!
Adult Written byWhitechurch April 9, 2008

New Age Disney

I rated this show poorly on social issues because in at least one episode the Spanish speaking Sprite (I just don't recall the character's name) started talking about new age concepts in a way pitched to children. I will disclose honestly, I am not a believer in the New Age worldview; however, my concern is that a show designed for small children should not be pushing any particular worldview other than basic morals and basic educational concepts. The belief questions should be left to parents at the age this show is pitched for.
Adult Written bygetalife00777 April 9, 2008

Love it.

I'm 20 and love this show. Unfortunetly I have to wait for the episodes to go on itunes before I can watch them since a.)10 seems to early to get up on a weekend and b.)I'd feel too dorky watching it in my dorm. However, this is an amazing show and any age can enjoy it.
Adult Written byneiluk April 9, 2008

Wow Broadway comes to kids!

I watch most of the shows my 6 year old watches and this one I really got into.The characters interact with one another just like real friends everyday.The songs are catchy and not kid like.My son even wakes up singing them!! A must see for kids.
Adult Written byskenney13 April 9, 2008

Awesome

We love it. The very first episode dealt with people playing too many video games
Adult Written bysheilagh April 9, 2008

Charming for Kids, Entertaining for Adults

If you like Broadway-style musicals and your kids like catchy tunes with cute fuzzy characters, this show is great! John T. has such talent--I find myself singing the songs even when the tv's off.
Adult Written byjlg1120 April 9, 2008

I don't let my children watch it because there is magic in it and we don't condone that in any form, disguised or undisguised.
Adult Written byDMAZZO66 April 9, 2008

Parent Written byAmyC April 9, 2008

This show is great for my 2 1/2 year old! We both love to watch and listen to the music.
Adult Written byheatherham April 9, 2008