Parent reviews for Kim Possible

Girl power is possible! Elementary kids OK.

Adult Written bybjkaboom April 9, 2008

Fun show for girls and boys

I always watch this show with my girls. They like it and while the violence on this show is very soft to me, not all parents are going to go for it just because it has some form of violence. But in a world where very few childern's cartoons are adventurous and entertaining my girls (4 & 5 ) and I do find it enjoyable when we watch the show.
Adult Written byLPSFan1994 April 4, 2014

Girl power!

Kim Possible shows us that you really CAN do anything if you set your mind to it. Her catch phrases, "So not the drama, No big, I can do anything" show that. As for how she dresses, she is a teenage girl, what girl is not going to find her own identity through how she dresses. Showing her mid drift is no different than a guy going around without a shirt. If people are going to allow a guy to not wear shirts once in a while than they don't have the right to complain because a girl bares her mid drift. The violence is no different than super heroes like Batman, Superman or Powerpuff Girls and its okay for kids as young as a couple of months to see that, so what is different about Kim Possible. Any age can watch this but it makes the most sense for teens in high school because those are the situations she deals with: detention, friends, peer pressure, dating; it is all typical issues for teens. Every episode has a major life lesson such as being honest, or not overloading yourself with activities, or jealousy. There is no swearing, the violence is nothing that kids haven't seen from Superman, there is no sexual activity, everything is kept very appropriate. As for the kissing, again a typical teen thing, it is not sexual, it is just a relationship and it doesn't happen all the time.

Adult Written byLowix March 4, 2009

Great, and funny cartoon that adults will enjoy as well

This is a very good little cartoon. Me and my wife started realy enjoying it.
Adult Written byMidnightCresent June 22, 2010

Nothings Impossible, so maybe it will come back on!?

I use to love this show! Then it only got put on in the middle of the night. I sorta stopped watching it when in that movie Ron and Kim end up dating because it sort of got too sappy and lost its fun kidish nature. Otherwise it wasn't too bad,

Adult Written byMom2c_ang April 9, 2008

Cute and fun show-- for over 7.

The kids, girls especially, like to see a "Girl Heroine" saving the day, and still being cute and cool-- but not snotty or superior (she's a cheerleader). Her best friend is a lovable and sometimes helpful dweeb-- who is NOT the popular kid at all. They have a sidekick that does all the intell and computer work for them from home- and he's a genius.These 2 (Kim and Ron) leave home, school, activities or wherever and whenever they get the call...but they always get permission and sometimes worry about its effects on their social lives and activities. She wants material things like a reg teen...but her parents make her get a job to pay for them. She's cute, sassy and very athletic, but shy with guys. There is of course a good bit of violence associated with tracking down "bad guys" that are trying to take over the world...but it isn't overdone or explicit. Very cartoony and harmless. The banter is normal...but a little dry and sometimes sarcastic for very young ones to understand.
Adult Written byCharlie o. April 9, 2008

Not bad

First off, a lot of criticism is directed at violence. I am a product of Elmer J. Fudd shooting Bugs, and Jerry mouse squashing Tom Cat. Kim Possible isn't violent at all! And unlike the toons of my youth, I can imagine an unattended child bashing a cat a lot sooner than someone mimicing Kim and shooting a grappling hook. Yes, Kim has lots of gadgets and toys; too many, in that neither my 10 year old nor any kid can believe any one person has that much gear. Good versus Evil, and no one dies... good show.
Adult Written byasmadro April 9, 2008

Smart, strong female role model

Kim is confident teenage girl, although not without insecurities about friendships or dating. She has a strong sense of duty, does not accept money for helping someone, but rather is paid back in "favors" which usually involve transportation to the next request for help. The show frequently plays up the differences in Kim's two worlds - confidence and virtue when saving the world versus shyness around a boy she likes or jealousy of her rival. Frequent martial arts-style fighting in which no one ever seems to be hurt.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 22, 2012

Best show on Disney.I miss it so much.

They don't even show reruns on ABC anymore.HOW RUDE! This show was funny and action-packed.LONG LIVE KIM POSSIBLE.
Adult Written byarizonarunner January 15, 2012

One of Disney's best shows of all time!

This show had a great run! I grew up with Kim Possible! This show had good morals and was a great action packed show for kids. Compared to shows that Disney now farts out, this show can be watched for generations to come. I plan on showing this and the older Disney Channel Shows I grew up with to my children. Kim Possible has great story lines, plots and jokes that even adults will find entertaining. Beware the theme song is catchy and will get stuck in your head for years.

Educational Value
Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written byconnielove93 February 14, 2010

Nothing is Impossible for Kim Possible!

Kim Possible was a favorite in our house, too bad it dosen't show any new episodes. Kim is a very cool, popular cheerleader, someone all kids should strive to be like. She can be bossy at times but she is a good natured person who helps others in need. She is also a good female role model. Ron is also a good male role model, he dosen't mind when Kim takes the lead! Kim Possible reminds this family that nothing is impossible!

Parent of a 2 year old Written byDesiredLoginName January 8, 2009
Adult Written byAndrew L. January 3, 2018
Adult Written byLowe's man May 12, 2016

Call me, beep me.

So starts the theme song to KIM POSSIBLE. For starters, she wears different clothes over the course of each season. That all by itself makes Kim a role model, as many cartoon characters wear the same clothes in every episode. Since Kim wears different clothes throughout the series we know that she's clean! Moreover, Kim is the leader while her friend Ron Stoppable is the follower. He's fine with that. Having a girl as the leader, and a strong one at that, provides a strong role model and a great example for both boys and girls. Since this is an action-packed cartoon both boys and girls will like it. Moreover, the violence is not graphic and is tamer than that in many of today's cartoons. The type of violence is about what you would've seen in cartoons of the 1970s. Maybe a little stronger, but not much stronger. The amount of violence is somewhat higher than you would've found on Saturday morning in the 70s or 80s, but not much higher, and certainly lower than you would've found on weekdays in the 1980s, and lower than you would've found on weekdays or Saturdays throughout most of the 1990s. Nor is the violence sanitized like you might've expected it to be in view of the fact that the title character is a girl. This series goes a considerable distance in breaking stereotypes. The above-mentioned reason is one reason for this. Make sure your children know Kim Possible. Not enough good things to say about this show.
Adult Written byAmber1997 April 10, 2016

Adult Written byclarence August 5, 2015
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 15, 2012

Best show Disney has EVER made!

I love this show! It is really funny and entertaining.All my friends love this show too.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bysaacnmama July 30, 2009
I've only seen the game for this show on Disney's website. Every time Kim is foiled, the baddies make some punny comment about her appearance. Seeing as it's a Disney product, that material focus isn't surprizing, but why hasn't anyone mentioned it here? A focus on appearance is especially problematic for the early teens this show is aimed at.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 26, 2009

bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a very bad and vilont show. DO NOT WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adult Written bykarilu4 April 9, 2008