All parent member reviews for LazyTown

Adult Written bytrajedy April 9, 2008
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 October 6, 2009

why did they call it lazy town???????

why do they call this show lazy town? i will never know! there is everything but lazyness in this show it has so much running around and playing and so many good messages to toddelers too! i of course am to old for this show and dont think about it but 2 year olds it might be iffy for with it's very very very very very brief vilonce. but 3 and up is an ON. but kids ages 6 and up will probably not like the show.
Parent of a 6, 10, and 13 year old Written byjana04 June 27, 2009

We love this show.. I only wish that it had taken off in America like it has everywhere else. I somewhat agree that it is exhausting for Adults to watch but that is not what is geared toward. My son is 6 now and has been a fan since he was 3yrs old. I just hope what little we get to see of it here in the USA. doesn't leave us as well.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byfaroffstar April 2, 2010

Annoying

I honestly can't stand this show. My son tunes out when it comes on and I usually change the channel. While I like the emphasis on healthy eating and being active, I find the puppets kind of creepy looking and the acting of the actors obnoxious. The songs are cute, but just wait until your kid starts acting like Stingy. Bad role model.
Parent of a 8 and 8 year old Written byDad4life March 11, 2009

LazyTown not bad to watch

As a concerned parent I monitor what my children view on television. The show LazyTown is an interesting show but it unfortunately does not have the "get them active affect" on my four year old son. He is a very active, intelligent boy but when watching LazyTown in the morning I notice that he loses interest then asks when "GO Diego GO" (spin off from Dora the explorer) will be on. I belive that since the show is so fast paced and all of the cuts to the jumping and sport stunts by the show's hero "Sporticus" played by former 1992 Icelandic Aerobic Gymnastic Champion Magnus Sheving maybe to busy for a young mind to take in that would be dependant on your child. However the only other two human characters, "Stephanie" played by Julianna Rose Mauriello and "Robbie Rotten" the shows villian played by Stefan Karl Stefannson are fun to watch. Robbie Rotten is the bumbling comedic villian crying out for attention by trying to spoil the people of LazyTown's fun. Stephanie and the other town folk (all of who are puppets) with the help of Sporticus stop his attempts and along the way learn valueable lessons in things like teamwork, friendship, sharing etc. Music is a big part of the show, Stephanie's great voice and the other characters always seem to make time to stop and entertain us with new and original songs. In short if your looking for an innocent program for your kids that will entertain and teach values then LazyTown might be for your child, but don't be surprised if your child doesn't get up and tries to do backflips like the Main Character. - Always remember that learning life values always start with Mom and Dad.
Adult Written byxMadxScientistx February 19, 2009
Adult Written byKerriellin April 9, 2008
Adult Written bydawn31400 April 9, 2008

HELP PLEASE!

My 4 yr old screams to turn this show off when it comes on. She hates it. I think it isn't great and I don't like the inappropriate outfits the little girl wears.
Parent Written byVankorgan November 9, 2012

Lazytown shows the benefits of diet and exercise in a fun and uniquely stylized way.

A great way to show kids that being active and eating well can be fun and worthwhile. Just as importantly though, this show is actually, incredibly well made. The set pieces and costumes are tremendous and the creativity of the creators makes it a joy to watch. I realize this site is mainly to describe the shows for their educational and moral value, but I think that it is equally important to not show our kids things that lack any sort of creativity. The imaginative and exciting world of Lazytown will not only enforce the idea of diet and exercise but do so with style.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byChloesmommy December 18, 2009

It's "OKAY".

I think this show has a good motive. Teaches kids the pluses of being active and healthy behaviors and the effects of not doing these things. But at the same time, I think this show is a little cheesey, even more so than most of the shows for this age. My daughter will watch it, but she would perfer something else. She is also a little bit scared of "Robbie Rotten" who is also a HORRIBLE actor, I can't even stand to look at him. hehe.
Parent of an infant, 2, and 3 year old Written byBABYSITTER June 12, 2009

JUST THE BABYSITTER

WELL LAZYTOWN IS A GREAT SHOW, IT KEEPS THE KIDS STILL, WHEN THE SHOW IS ON, THE KIDS RUN AND SIT DOWN TO WATCH THEY DONT WANT ME TALKING AT ALL, AFTER THE SHOW IS OVER THEY ASK FOR THE SNACK ON THE SHOW THAT DAY, STILL HAVE PROBLEMS WITH CARROTS, LOL.. AFTER ALL. I THINK IS GREAT FOR THEM AND THEY LEARN A LOT SPECIALLY SHARING WITH EACH OTHERS, THEY WANT ROBBI TO BE LIKE THEM, FOR ME AS BABYSITTER, SINCE MY KIDS ARE ALL GROWN, I THINK IS GREAT AND IF THEY LOVE IT I WILL KEEP WATCHING THE SHOW. TOO BAD THEY ARE ALL REPEATS... HOPE THEY CAN DO NEW SHOWS SOON... THANK YOU LAZYTOWN...
Adult Written bysmcqueen April 9, 2008

I Love It.

My daughter jumps up and dances and sings the songs and she is only 3. She tells me all the time that she is going to be Sporticus when she grows up.
Adult Written bykwondra April 9, 2008

My kids love Lazytown and so do I

My kids (almost 2 and 4) absolutely love Lazytown. My daughter (almost 2) will get up and dance everytime Sportacus and Stephanie dance. My son dances and asks for apples and carrots now, because Sportacus eats healthy food. He'll even refer to apples as "sports candy" and will repeat the message that exercise is important. Great show!
Adult Written byalfsmom11 May 7, 2012

LazyTown

This show, in theory, is a great show for little ones. With that said, I feel that the relationship between Stephanie and Sportacus is a little strange. I also do not understand why they only have three people and the rest are puppets. My 14 month old son loves the dancing and music.
Adult Written byasabrown@windst... August 20, 2010

Keep trying.

I loved to watch Layztown, when the show was on Nick Jr. The show has shown me never give up but to keep on trying. all the songs Julianna sang has made me understand what to do.
Parent of a 3 year old Written bywinterchloe January 14, 2010

I honestly feel its perfect for all children of all ages, some adults to it helps to interact with your children

The characters give my daughter a lot to think about.However Stingy- is one my daughter is taking after, everything is hers and she hates to share. My mom thinks its a phase.
Adult Written byouarda April 9, 2008

Sometimes Gives Me A Headache

I like the concept of this show, as far as getting kids off the sofa and on their feet, however, for this parent, Lazytown is just too busy! I can hardly watch this without getting a headache. The best thing about this show for me is the young actress who plays Stephanie. She is super talented and undoubtedly has a great career ahead of her. In a nutshell though, for me, this show is overrated. My kids, ages 5 and 3, pay only scant attention when it's on.
Adult Written byvalerie1299 April 9, 2008

pretty good

At first I was a little iffy about this show. But, my daugher (4) has been watching it for a few months now and loves the music--she gets up and dances all the time. I personally don't like the fake people in the show, they just look weird.
Adult Written bynsomniak6 April 9, 2008

It's a bit fast-paced, but a good message

I just can't get past the weird puppets and the tights are a bit revealing. I think it goes too fast, but I do like the message of being healthy and active. The little girl is pretty talented and Magnus(?) is a pretty amazing athlete.
Adult Written byBritMom April 9, 2008

My kids couldn't get enough of this show

My kids discovered this show when we were on vacation in the UK - I didn't know it was available here. It is very high energy, and they get off the sofa to dance and jump along with the characters. They boo Rotten Robbie. The puppets are created like the 1980s Spitting Image puppets, so familiar to a British audience. Don't forget it is from Iceland, which might account for some of the viewers sense of cultural disconnection.....