All parent member reviews for Lie to Me

Parent of a 9, 12, and 14 year old Written byfriend of toodleloo May 2, 2010

Older teens only--no tweens

My husband and I enjoy this show. Our 14 year old daughter watches it with us. People are frequently caught in their lies and the show makes no excuses for people's weaknesses and dishonesty. You certainly can readily see that good things happen to bad people, etc. The violence, sex, and language is o.k. with it, but it is the subject matter that makes me say no one under 14 should be watching it. We will talk to our daughter about choices people make and the unavoidable consequences that come as a result of the choices. As an adult, I very much enjoy the story lines and characters. It is a well written show. We do not let our 8 and 12 year old watch however.
Adult Written byzack333 November 29, 2014

Nothing too Graphic but a lot of themes

Good show, extremely compelling and interesting. The crimes they deal with are pretty gruesome in nature but nothing is every graphic in nature. The sexual crimes in the show are what makes it iffy. A few of the sexual crimes were shocking even to me (a 19 year old guy) but nothing graphic is every shown. No nudity.
Parent Written byLianab April 19, 2012

exellent

Parent of a 7, 9, 11, and 12 year old Written byabermudes November 9, 2010
I have to disagree with previous reviewers. Your child is more likely to be able to tell when someone is lying rather than learn how to deceive others. We have become more aware of how these micro expressions are a part of our everyday life! Very interesting and thought provoking.
Adult Written byHighway of Life August 6, 2009

An interactive educational show

Lie to Me is a fantastic show that is fun for families, it can be very interactive when the family can discuss the plot and try and decipher who is lying and why. Our family of 7, ages 12 - 25 enjoy the show and look forward to our weekly "lie to me" fix. The show has proven extremely educational and we've begun to notice patterns in discussions with individuals in real life. That can be a bit scary for some...