Kid reviews for Life on Mars

High-concept British crime drama; teens and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysquidgy087 April 28, 2020

Mature Teens

Incredibly good cop/sci-fi drama. Some foul language, but not worse than you’d expect from a 15. Very violent, as in the DCI beats up suspects, but this apparently wasn’t unusual for the 1970s. A fair few dead blood covered bodies, but they’re not very realistic. Quite a bit of drinking, with one character exclaiming “I haven’t been to the pub in 36 hours!”. Sometimes drugs, but this is a cop show. The occasional sexual scene, mainly kissing and talk, but a few episodes show naked people (briefly) and sex, but not close up or anything.

However, the main character, Sam, is a very interesting character and perseveres to stop corruption and violence in Gene Hunt’s station. He also does everything by the book, is often on the side of a suspect m, believing in “innocent until proven guilty” and he doesn’t carry a gun.

SPOILER: If parents are sensitive about suicide, it should be known that after Sam returns to 2007, he is pestered by broken promises in 1973, and commits suicide to rejoin his friends.

I’d recommend this to fifteen plus, but any very mature teen over thirteen could probably watch it, if they understood everything inappropriate and their parents let them

Teen, 17 years old Written byravvie April 9, 2008

Really good!

I do like this show; it's really intriguing and pulls you right in. Probably not best for younger kids; you may want to send them to bed. All in all, well done show and very good.