All parent member reviews for Little Einsteins

Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written bymjknak September 5, 2010

Poor educational value; visually confusing for younger children

Visually overstimulating for kids 3 and younger; characters speak in a loud overexcited voice continuously through the show; good vs. evil theme in some scenes is overdone (hansel and gretel, as an example). Most importantly, the show has negative educational value while purporting to teach art / music. The music / art is artificially linked to the themes in a way that is confusing rather than educational. The analogies are either silly or confusing for a child in the range of 2-4.
Adult Written byBobolink April 9, 2008

Annie's voice/science?

When I previewed this show I thought it was great. I love music. But as get more familiar with it, the portrayel of the natural world and science was misleading and ridiculous. At one point they had a kangaroo dodging icy comets up on the moon, oxygen helmet and all. And in order for the kids to get cheese for "rocket soup" they consulted a mouse (who don't especially like cheese) rather than a cow. And the kids are scared of snakes, spiders, and bats for no reason at all other than they are supposed to be "scary." Also - Annie's voice is terrible! Has anyone noticed what a bad singer she is? She ruins the music! The show is rather one-sided as far as music/art vs. science, but it's a lot better than what else is out there. My daughter loves it, so I will continue to let her watch.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byAustin mom of one July 12, 2010

Lasting favorite

My daughter has watched this show since she was 2 and loves it still. Not many shows have lasted as long as this one. She learns about places all over the world and classical music. I find her humming Beethoven's 9th. I never have to worry when she is watching this show.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byFaithsMomma April 14, 2010

Adult Written byjaymeysmom April 9, 2008

Educator and Parent Written bySarahR 5 June 27, 2015

Entertaining Arts Education

I love Little Einsteins! My kids (ages 2 & 5) have learned so much from this show. Not only do they recognize classical music, but also locations, & pieces of art. My older son was able to recognize the Mona Lisa, the Great Sphinx, and even mentioned visiting Macchu Picchu at age 4. Since I can barely locate Macchu Picchu myself, I swear it all came from watching Little Einsteins! Worth watching.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygingerfrog January 12, 2014

Little Einsteins is the best show out there for children.

It is a wonderful show unlike many of today's cartoons. It teaches art, music, geography, and my two year old daughter just loves it. The theme song is very catchy, I catch myself singing it while doing housework or cooking. They need to bring the show back, and start making new episodes.
Parent of a 1 year old Written byWornBabyShoes August 7, 2013

A different kind of educational value

While this is not my personal favorite children's cartoon...my 18 month old son enjoys the music and dancing. Regardless of my personal boredom while watching Little Einsteins, it is still a great show. It exposes children to classical music and art. There just aren't many other shows that even attempt this. Though they won't teach your child so much about shapes, numbers or the alphabet...the educational value is still there.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygerbowski April 9, 2013

Excellent and educational program for preschoolers

This show is great even for kids as young as 2. Parents should be aware that some younger kids may not be interested in the content until they are older, it just depends on your child. My son is just over 2 and loves the Little Einsteins. It is an interesting and educational program that exposes your kids to classical music, art and artists. It encourages problem solving, helping your friends, and practicing your talents. The show also involves the younger viewers in many aspects of the adventure. This program is definitely one of the better ones for your preschooler.
Parent of a 1 year old Written byPapaBear7 December 27, 2012

Great addition to "T.V. time"

Other than Team Umizoomi, no other show has caught my 2 yr old's attention like little einsteins. He's learned a handful of words from the show and loves to hum and try to sing along with the songs. Especially "rah, rah, rah for rocket" and "pat-clap." luckily for me i have ONDemand so i can pull up one of these cartoons whenever i want. It's a great compliment to our "t.v. time" at night before bath and bedtime and i'd recommend it to anyone.
Parent Written byghecko13 October 9, 2012

Great learning show for kids

This is a great show that kids can watch and learn from. Kids learn about famous musicians, national parks, famous landmarks, and artwork.
Parent of an infant and 3 year old Written byrlm10706 October 1, 2010

Awesome show!!

My son started watching this just before he turned two and he instantly loved it. He can identify instruments just by listening to them and he knows all these musical terms that I have trouble remembering. We love this show. The characters are great, the music is great, the art is great. We own every dvd that has come out.
Parent of a 3, 6, and 9 year old Written byMamaNikkiP August 17, 2010

Music and Art Action

Very cute show, love the music and art. My younger kids love watching this show and it doesn't annoy me ;)
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written bySan Diego Mom August 6, 2010

Excellent Show for Preschoolers

Both my 2 yr old and 4 yr old really get into it. I like that it focuses on art and music, plus the Little Einsteins always work together to solve problems.
Adult Written byMidnightCresent June 22, 2010

Applause!

I think it is SO cute! I only watch a little if nothings on, and I think its pretty neat for little kids. Nothing is bad about it, the only thing that may confuse your child is the fancy words for the music-although they explain it.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byLivdinashoe June 14, 2010

Missing Little Einsteins!

Little Einsteins is under a half hour! - It was great for my two year old - who wants to watch tv like his teen siblings. Besides a little Sesame Street it was the only thing I allowed. But now I can't find it! The Disney Channel has apparently changed their program schedule. Anyone know where I can look?
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byblessed by two March 2, 2010

Great show, but silly time slot

My son used to love this show, but I wish someone could tell me why a preschool show is on at 11:30am when most preschoolers are in school. What is the point?
Parent of a 2 and 2 year old Written byKYDramaMama December 20, 2009

Parent of a 4 year old Written bypogostick August 12, 2009

Expanding horizons

It's cool to learn! And the show has spurned an interest for art, music and travel. Culturally diverse and quite global for a kids show. The kids are cute and we all sing Rah, Rah, Rah for Rocket.
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written bytravelinlite75 June 10, 2009

great show! need to put it back on morning line up

my 2 yr old and 5 yr old love this show, my older one has learned a lot from the shows about geography and many other wonderful things, composers, artists,etc.