All parent member reviews for Little Einsteins

Parent of a 1, 2, 11, and 14 year old Written bymich3g March 17, 2010

Perfect for kids 2-6

Love it! My 21 month old loves this show. I like how interactive it is. And how it promotes the arts as a way of learning.
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written bymjknak September 5, 2010

Poor educational value; visually confusing for younger children

Visually overstimulating for kids 3 and younger; characters speak in a loud overexcited voice continuously through the show; good vs. evil theme in some scenes is overdone (hansel and gretel, as an example). Most importantly, the show has negative educational value while purporting to teach art / music. The music / art is artificially linked to the themes in a way that is confusing rather than educational. The analogies are either silly or confusing for a child in the range of 2-4.
Adult Written bycaptain_hug99 April 9, 2008

Great concept but out of TUNE!

At first I loved to watch this show with my toddler. She constantly asks for Little Einsteins, but I am very concerned that the children sing out of tune constantly, "Annie" is the worst of them all. I don't understand why Disney is putting out sub-par music. It is teaching our children that they do not have to sing in tune. So great concept, but until the "children" on the show start to sing in tune (which they do in the opening credits) and in the correct tempo, I don't recommend it for any budding musicians!
Parent of a 4 year old Written byAustin mom of one July 12, 2010

Lasting favorite

My daughter has watched this show since she was 2 and loves it still. Not many shows have lasted as long as this one. She learns about places all over the world and classical music. I find her humming Beethoven's 9th. I never have to worry when she is watching this show.
Adult Written byBobolink April 9, 2008

Annie's voice/science?

When I previewed this show I thought it was great. I love music. But as get more familiar with it, the portrayel of the natural world and science was misleading and ridiculous. At one point they had a kangaroo dodging icy comets up on the moon, oxygen helmet and all. And in order for the kids to get cheese for "rocket soup" they consulted a mouse (who don't especially like cheese) rather than a cow. And the kids are scared of snakes, spiders, and bats for no reason at all other than they are supposed to be "scary." Also - Annie's voice is terrible! Has anyone noticed what a bad singer she is? She ruins the music! The show is rather one-sided as far as music/art vs. science, but it's a lot better than what else is out there. My daughter loves it, so I will continue to let her watch.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byFaithsMomma April 14, 2010
Adult Written byjaymeysmom April 9, 2008
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygingerfrog January 12, 2014

Little Einsteins is the best show out there for children.

It is a wonderful show unlike many of today's cartoons. It teaches art, music, geography, and my two year old daughter just loves it. The theme song is very catchy, I catch myself singing it while doing housework or cooking. They need to bring the show back, and start making new episodes.
Parent of a 1 year old Written byPapaBear7 December 27, 2012

Great addition to "T.V. time"

Other than Team Umizoomi, no other show has caught my 2 yr old's attention like little einsteins. He's learned a handful of words from the show and loves to hum and try to sing along with the songs. Especially "rah, rah, rah for rocket" and "pat-clap." luckily for me i have ONDemand so i can pull up one of these cartoons whenever i want. It's a great compliment to our "t.v. time" at night before bath and bedtime and i'd recommend it to anyone.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you going to do 2+ or 3+? I love this show.
Adult Written byPiano_Diva88 April 9, 2008

I love it!

I absolutely adore this show. My daughter is only three months old and is already captivated by the sounds and pictures. I am a musician and I am glad someone is introducing culture and art to our children instead of mindless puppets singing stupid songs over and over.
Educator and Parent Written bySarahR 5 June 27, 2015

Entertaining Arts Education

I love Little Einsteins! My kids (ages 2 & 5) have learned so much from this show. Not only do they recognize classical music, but also locations, & pieces of art. My older son was able to recognize the Mona Lisa, the Great Sphinx, and even mentioned visiting Macchu Picchu at age 4. Since I can barely locate Macchu Picchu myself, I swear it all came from watching Little Einsteins! Worth watching.
Adult Written bycloudlessxsky February 6, 2015

My son goes CRAZY!

I think this show is great for kids of any age. My son has been obsessed with this show since he was 1 (he is now almost 2). He also loves Mickey Mouse, but nothing compares to the excitement that is shown when watching this show. He also seems to pick up a lot of knowledge from this show and he's always laughing at it. Whenever it's on, I constantly hear him engaging in it, answering the questions when they ask questions and participating in things that need to be done when they ask for help. I personally love the music and how they bring classical music into everything. I couldn't be MORE happy that this is his favorite show.
Parent of a 1 year old Written byWornBabyShoes August 7, 2013

A different kind of educational value

While this is not my personal favorite children's cartoon...my 18 month old son enjoys the music and dancing. Regardless of my personal boredom while watching Little Einsteins, it is still a great show. It exposes children to classical music and art. There just aren't many other shows that even attempt this. Though they won't teach your child so much about shapes, numbers or the alphabet...the educational value is still there.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygerbowski April 9, 2013

Excellent and educational program for preschoolers

This show is great even for kids as young as 2. Parents should be aware that some younger kids may not be interested in the content until they are older, it just depends on your child. My son is just over 2 and loves the Little Einsteins. It is an interesting and educational program that exposes your kids to classical music, art and artists. It encourages problem solving, helping your friends, and practicing your talents. The show also involves the younger viewers in many aspects of the adventure. This program is definitely one of the better ones for your preschooler.
Parent Written byghecko13 October 9, 2012

Great learning show for kids

This is a great show that kids can watch and learn from. Kids learn about famous musicians, national parks, famous landmarks, and artwork.
Parent of an infant and 3 year old Written byrlm10706 October 1, 2010

Awesome show!!

My son started watching this just before he turned two and he instantly loved it. He can identify instruments just by listening to them and he knows all these musical terms that I have trouble remembering. We love this show. The characters are great, the music is great, the art is great. We own every dvd that has come out.
Parent of a 3, 6, and 9 year old Written byMamaNikkiP August 17, 2010

Music and Art Action

Very cute show, love the music and art. My younger kids love watching this show and it doesn't annoy me ;)
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written bySan Diego Mom August 6, 2010

Excellent Show for Preschoolers

Both my 2 yr old and 4 yr old really get into it. I like that it focuses on art and music, plus the Little Einsteins always work together to solve problems.
Adult Written byMidnightCresent June 22, 2010

Applause!

I think it is SO cute! I only watch a little if nothings on, and I think its pretty neat for little kids. Nothing is bad about it, the only thing that may confuse your child is the fancy words for the music-although they explain it.