All teen and kid member reviews for Little House on the Prairie

Teen, 13 years old Written byKelandryOfTortall April 9, 2008

Realllly good!

I love little house (and most other older shows). The episodes are really good, especially the newer ones, which seem to have more interesting plots. Must watch, especially for vintage-intolerant eleven-year-olds. :)))) xoxo KEL
Teen, 16 years old Written byKatnissArrow5 March 14, 2014

CLASSIC!!! PERFECT FOR A LAZY FRIDAY WITH THE KIDS!!

I watched this and i was stuck on pioneers when i was little :D There is nothing wrong with it but you need to know what the shows about to enjoy it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byibibrov March 5, 2016

Season 1-4 AWESOME! Season 5-9 Not so good!

For seasons 1-4, I'd give without thinking 5 stars! But the later Seasons just lose most of the earlier charm and feelings.
Kid, 9 years old November 18, 2012

Little House Is AWESOME!!

THIS IS AN AWESOME SHOW!!!!!!!! I love this show and my mom really enjoys watching it with me. There is a bit of everything in it. It teaches people how we lived way back when and it has educational value it has some good messages and lots of good role models. You might not agree with me about Nellie Olsen there and I don't think he shows a good role model either but she mixes in a bit of funkiness. it has a bit of violence so not for young ones. It shows lots of people kiss so again not for young ones and it has a bit of bad language such as in one episode when Mary fell on love with Seth after Laura had met him and said "I hate you." There is also a bit of drinking, drugs, and smoking. The main adult Charles Ingalls smokes a pipe and there is beer being shown and someone drinking it.
Kid, 8 years old August 27, 2012

luv

younger kids wont understand it but....i watch it with my mom all the time and we read all the books.it is very fun to watch and read the books.it teaches you what they did back then.It seems so hard to live that way.NO make up.no beautiful clothes.no extra sleep.all it was was WORK WORK WORK.soooooo hard.i never knew that still at that time NO apple.not like apples that u eat but the electronic comunity.(ex.ipod iphone ipad etc.)
Kid, 9 years old October 10, 2010

It has great messages

I love it. Me and my family always watch it. But please watch out for some parts about people at the saloon. Drinking, fighting, gambling, ect. But I think the message is great it teaches kids about how tough it was back then and it should make your kids appreciate what they have and how easy life is now days.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySoftballlover August 6, 2010

Perfect for all ages!

I really like the show. Every episode has a good lesson to learn. Some episode have African-Americans coming in and the towns people acting wierd but that was just like it was back then. So I don't think there are any problems with the show!
Teen, 16 years old Written byFilmFanatic April 17, 2012

Fantastic Classic! A must for the whole family!

Fantastic show! If you like Highway to Heaven , you'll love this one! The reason i chose pause for kids 7 and under, is because there is SOME language (The N word) but during the time the show is set in, the use of this word was not extremely taboo. Also, some of the themes can be a little heavy, and many episodes feature main characters in mortal peril. There is some violence, but its not graphic or gory. MOST of the times the main characters get out ok. **spoiler** In LHOTP, sometimes tragic things happen very suddenly and are unexpected. For example, Charles, (Laura's father) suddenly gets shot while on a hunting trip with is daughter. Its unexpected and happens out of the blue and can shock some audience members. All in all, a fantastic show that upholds morals and respect and addresses a wide variety of topics :) Give it a watch!
Kid, 10 years old July 1, 2011

A bit too outdated

People do smoke. There is some violence sometimes even involving guns. In some episodes people die from ilnesses, etc. The show also touches on some deep issues such as prejudice. For example, In one episode I saw Ms. Oleson discriminates against a person just because he was a midget. Of, course the "midget' proves himself at the end by saving Ms. Oleson's daughter. The problems are always solved, so there is always a positive message at the end. Because of its themes, smoking and violence i say this deserves a mild TV-PG-D ( D stands for suggestive dialouge) rating. The show is very good, but younger will probably find it too slow. Also, there are some moments that feel to last generation. Overall: 9+ 7-8 iffy. 4.3/5
Teen, 16 years old Written bylilliacho July 23, 2016

Be careful with younger kids.

Although the majority of episodes are wholesome stories about life on the prairie, I recall one particular two-part episode called "Sylvia" that could be disturbing to kids. It definitely scared me when I saw it around six or seven years old. In the episode, the title character is raped by a man wearing a very creepy mask. She's by herself in the woods picking flowers when she's grabbed from behind, a gloved hand covering her mouth to prevent her from screaming, and pulled behind a tree. She eventually dies after sustaining an injury while escaping the rapist's second attack. Yeah, definitely doesn't fit the image that comes to most people's heads when they think of the show. There's plenty of good episodes, but maybe look them up first before showing them to little kids.
Kid, 12 years old June 26, 2016

Good show!

Ive watched this a few years ago and now I think, "Why can't tv shows be like this anymore?". Of course this has the occasional kissing, in one episode the girls (Laura, Mary, Carrie, and Ellen) are skinny dipping in a pond and two boys come up. Nothing is shown but you should tell your children to respect others' privacy, and to not take off your clothes while swimming. In another episode a teenage girl is attacked by an unidentifiable person who's wearing a mask, the person may scare children, and then the girl has discovered that's she's pregnant. Her father beats and insults her, she runs away and her attacker follows her. She has a miscarriage and dies and the attacker comes after her and also dies (his identity is revealed.) There's some sad parts: a house catches on fire and two characters die (a baby and a woman), Jack dies, and many more sad parts. A character is sometimes drunk but thats about it. As for "great role models", Laura sells her pony to buy Ma a new stove, Laura and Mary help Pa when he is injured. (I haven't seen this show in years.)
Teen, 14 years old Written byRachs2118 June 11, 2016

Addictive

The show Little House On The Praire is based on an early 1800's hard working family. The main characters that the show is based on are the Ingalls family. Sometimes there will be an episode where someone dies or gets in a life or death situation. There is also a little violence here and there but I recommend this show for kids 8 and up with parents supervision for kids 7 and under . However , I watch Little house on the Praire every day. Most of the time the show will teach the kids watching, a lesson. I give this show five stars for Michael Landon's great work!
Kid, 10 years old February 17, 2013

Awesome series!!!!

I love little house on the prairie series! All the episodes are so good but some of them may be boring or intense. Not all of them are real but some of them are. This series is about Laura Ingalls Wilder, a pioneer girl who lives on a prairie, she faces many challenges and is very adventurous. She lives with her pa, Charles. Her ma, Caroline. Her younger sister Carrie. Her younger sister, Grace. Her older sister, Mary. And her loving dog, Jack. I recommend this tv show for people who like adventure or are adventurous. Even if you do not like adventure, You will surely love this tv show!
Kid, 9 years old October 18, 2012

It all depends on the episode

This series is great but some episodes such as rage,Sylvia both parts and darkness is my friend may be a little intense for little kids. Episodes such as blizzard, mortal mission, plague and surviavl death is the main topic. But others like the nephews, the camp out, goodbye mrs. Wilder and the lake kezia monster are all very funny. Some episodes like remember me, may we make them proud and a child with no name are kinda sad. It all depends on the episode.
Kid, 12 years old March 30, 2012

Old, But GreAT!

This is a really old show,but still great in moral values!
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2010

Such A Great Family TV Show!!!

Little house on the Praire is such a good show! The role models are that good that ***I AM NAMED AFTER LAURA*** My parents often say that I turned out more rather like Nellie Oleson. There is always an important message behind each episode stating a rule about sharing and being positive and all that. Dad will usually ask at the end of the episode "What is the lesson this time kids?" We have all the seasons up to No7 and have learnt some interesting trivia such as... - Lindsay and Sidney Greenbush are identical twins that play Carrie. - Willie Olesen and Laura Ingalls are adopted brother and sister and so are Andy Garvey and Albert Ingalls. In later seasons, Laura and Almonzo have a few kissy scenes but it is nothing to get fussed about.