Parent reviews for Lost in Space

Lost in Space Poster Image

GREAT, FUN, SUSPENSEFUL SERIES! LOVE IT!!!👍👍👍❤

I LOVED this series, and only wished it lasted longer. The characters, you fall in love with, and the suspense is mostly nonstop. I adore Robot, but some of the enemy robots, and bat creatures in one small scene, MAY scare younger kids, depending on what they've already been permitted to watch. We don't watch scary movies, or romantic, as my son is only 12, but all the other parents in school let their kids watch anything, so depending on that you know if your kids scare easily or not. This series has EVERYTHING, laughter and fun, sadness, love, all the family dynamics and more! The family is constantly in perilous situations, so it stays exciting in every episode, so it was a complete disappointment this only has three seasons. They should do a spinoff with the ending of this one, and start whole new adventures!! You won't be disappointed, it's great. Mushy talking scenes rarely, but necessary to know the characters relationships. Great values, which is RARE NOWADAYS. FAMILY VALUES of staying together as a family, no matter how difficult circumstances are. Helping, and trusting each other. Giving people forgiveness and a second chance. One scene during the first season, I believe, where a man gets crushed under a vehicle, bleeds, dies. And, I won't spoil things by saying a character gets stabbed by the enemy robots, but so fast you don't see it really. No blood and gore. Some dishonesty, BUT they learn it always comes back to you in the end, and only hurts you. So, as I've said, it is so well written, and fun, and exciting, I loved it. Watch it!

Fast-Paced Sci Fi Fun for the Whole Family

This show is about a super-smart, brave, resourceful family surviving one unforeseen calamity after another and finding their way out of it. The language is mild and the action is not overly graphic. It is 3 seasons long and *spoiler alert* it has a very satisfying ending.

The perfect introduction to big ideas

We watched this with our seven-year-old daughter and were stunned by the powerful storytelling. This series delves into beautiful philosophical questions about things like personhood and humanity, and it does so in a way that is accessible to young kids - and is quite moving. There are plenty of scares, but as I always say to my daughter, all the best stories are scary in the middle. Some of the peril is intense, but the themes and ideas expressed in this all-time great show are well worth the ride, even for young kids. We were all blown away by just how beautiful this narrative was, and how funny, exciting, intelligent - and complex - the characters were. I honestly think the world would be a better place if more kids grew up watching shows like this.

Best on a long time

Good twist on an old series with great action and acting. Writing was good and with plenty of twist.

average some what irritating but enjoyable

the 11 years old kid's stupidity is infuriating. there are a lot of mental health issues represented. mass slaughter by alien robots. a lot of scene makes you feel scared and stressed

One of the best shows I’ve ever seen!!!

I think is a great show because it really funny. Keep on mind that they swear most of the time but don’t worry kids a ready know those bad words. There is a lot of suspense -*SPOILER ALERT* there is a chicken named Debbie and Don adores that chicken. It funny that penny and a boy love each other I mean when they went to a waterfall there was no water she like no I had it all planned that I was going drown and you were going to save me and then you get wet then… she was going to say that they were going to kiss and they did kiss. Do please see it

Okay for 10+

It has a really good plot! It has an amazing plot and is very funny! They could cut down a little bit on the swearing though. But stop complaining about the violence! I agree some scenes had maybe a few too many drops of blood, but if you don't think your child is mature enough, watch it with them! I started when I was 8 and 1/2. (but I watched with my dad!) It was completely fine other than a few things. Parents; stop exxagariting! It's not that bad!!!

Good show for families with tweens and older

Yes, there is some INFREQUENT language (no different than is heard in the school yard), but the family more than makes up for it in its positive messages about how family sticks together, how intelligence, courage, loyalty are traits we should value.

Best sci-fi family show

It’s always so hard to find a show that the whole family is interested in. We have a 14 year old boy and 8 year old girl, so interests are very different. This show was one of the few to get my kids engaged. Yes, there are scary parts but nothing that a mature 8 year old (with older siblings) can’t handle.