Kid reviews for Marvel's Agent Carter

Strong female lead defies stereotypes in tantalizing series.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTotally28 January 13, 2015

Agent Carter

Finally, there is a quality action show (set in the 1940s) with a strong unobjectified female heroine. Peggy Carter, the show's protagonist, is the only female out of many men at her organization. Yet she fights for her spot at the table, and even confronts one of her defenders to say she can stand up for her self. However, due to the violence and target audience of the show, I'd say Agent Carter is good for ages 12 and up. There are many fist fights, and a few characters are shown with a bullet in their head.

UPDATED FOR SEASON TWO:

Agent Carter is back, and better than ever. The show, now set in L.A., is full of humor, action, and romance, the perfect blend. In terms of raciness:

There are some racial issues now, concerning treatment of African-Americans. This provides great opportunities to talk about the cultural difference seventy years can make.

Violence: people are getting shot. Peggy is almost strangled, and there are long, gruesome fist fights on screen. Early in the season, they visit a mortuary, and a corpse is shown. Be careful when allowing kids to watch this scene, although the special effects aren't great. There is a dark substance that the plot revolves around, and it is literally shattering people. The effects here are pretty life-like. This part of the show is not for kids. However, Agent Carter is still the best action show there is on ABC. Ages twelves and up should be just fine without supervision.

Kid, 12 years old April 9, 2020

Marvel does it again!!!

This show is very good. It has many strong female characters and funny side characters. One thing parents should note, is that the villains without voices boxes are creepy

Teen, 16 years old Written byjedilovegood June 23, 2020

Great, pretty gory show

I’m working on this show with my family and I think it’s really good! I’m enjoying it a lot. The characters are great, with good connections to the MCU, and the plot is great. There is very little foul language, which is nice. However, the violence can be pretty intense. The rest of my family was pretty shaken by it. The worst thing so far was a scene in which SPOILER.

the bad guys put a gas in a movie theater that causes the people in it to kill each other with their hands. Someone then walks in on the pile of bodies. Pretty shocking. However, not too much blood is shown.
Overall, I'd recommend this show, but not for people who are shocked by violence.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMaria combs June 13, 2020

Good Marvel show

Many marvel productions have a lot of adult themes in them. This is the exact opposite. There is no sex ( although there are references to Stark's promiscuous activities throughout the series). There is mild violence, but almost half the series is the characters describing something or talking.
Peggy Carter is a great role model. I believe that this show accurately depicts the way women were treated during 1945-1947. The second season shows racism during that time as well.
Like I said, the violence is mild. Nothing is super graphic (with the exception of one scene at the end of the first season when civilians turn into homicidal maniacs and rip each other apart). Multitudes of people are shot, but it's not graphic.
When I started binging this, I expected a backstory on how Peggy founded S.H.I.E.L.D. THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS SERIES IS ABOUT. If that's what you expect, sorry. But it does complete Peggy's story and is a must-watch for ANY Marvel fan.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBb071407 June 12, 2020

Teen, 13 years old Written byAPoPo May 16, 2020

Kid, 12 years old April 9, 2020

Great MCU T.V Show, has some violent scenes.

Parents need to know that this is a spin off series of Captain America: The First Avenger and the Marvel One Shot, Agent Carter. It has lot's of action violence - explosions, gun fights, and more. SPOILER ALERTS: Many minor characters die, as well as some main ones. One character hypnotizes another character and makes them commit suicide. The first four episodes of season 1 is 11+ with violence more like The First Avenger, however the second four episodes of season one have different villains and much more violence. In the last scene of episode 7, two villains use a machine that makes people kill each other. It was a very violent and scary scene that I recomend you skip. In season 2 there are some scary images. One character using a black goo to kill people and it is very gory and scary. Some flirting between Agent Carter, Dr. Skyes, and Chief Sousa. More violence then in the first season. Some gore. A characters wife is shot, but survives. Peggy Carter's brother fakes his death off screen. Zero Matter can be scary. A main character who appeared in season 1 is killed by Agent Carter's brother. Never the less this show diserves all five stars.

Teen, 15 years old Written bycasdu April 9, 2020
this is an amazing series, totally engaging and is a great follow-up from Captain America The First Avenger. this series is quiet violent and explores some very complex and sad topics that were loosely based on true events. there are also some very violent scenes of someone being stabbed in the hand. it also deals well with how each character copes with Captain Americas death.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJem445 February 18, 2020

Written byAnonymous January 4, 2020

Really well done period mystery/action series

I adore the character of Peggy Carter, so when I first got into Marvel I quickly jumped to check this out. I watched the first episode and was hooked. The mystery revolving around Leviathan was fantastic and I just ate up all of the early Red Room content. Dottie was a fantastic villain and I loved that they finally let in a lesbian kiss. Two females fighting against each other with the men being behind them was AMAZING. There's nothing sexual shown, but quite a lot is suggested (not in a bad way, really). There's a lot of English cussing in it. There's one gory scene in a dentist's office, but its pretty brief. Overall I adore this show and Hayley Atwell. Before the Black Widow movie comes out, check out the first season of this, or at least the fifth episode of the first season called "The Iron Ceiling" which does skim the surface on the Red Room, showing quite a lot more than Age of Ultron did.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTruthXposed October 28, 2019
Written byAnonymous September 28, 2017

Teen, 13 years old Written byKinkajou21 June 12, 2017

Agent Carter

I really enjoyed this show. Peggy is a fantastic role model; she is clever, strong, caring, and confident. The show also illuminates the sexism of the era (it takes place in the 40s, post World War II) and how Peggy (and other women) are discounted because there are female. Peggy sometimes breaks the rules, but only when they are unfair.

The violence on the show usually involves guns. There are some explosions, and characters are sometimes shot. There is also some hand-to-hand combat. There is not really any blood or gore.

There is likely some language, but I don't specifically remember any, so it is likely mild and/or minimal.

I can't remember any drinking specifically, but character do sometimes attend parties in which people are likely drinking. I don't remember any instances where characters appear to be drunk.

There is hardly any sex in the show. Peggy and another female character occasionally use their "feminine charm" to get information out of men, but they never go further than maybe a kiss. There is also some other kissing in the show, but never intense kissing.

Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Flying Orange March 20, 2017

Agent Carter review

1st season amazing and a great reflection of the characters, setting, style and time period.
2nd season is really, really bad. Bad writing and confusing, convoluted storylines make it hard to follow and gives up the darker, more classical feel of the 1st season.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDiana1607 December 21, 2015

Great show!

Vry clever, interesting and mysterious. Great show for people who like Captain America and detectives.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySmileygirl911 October 11, 2015

Perfect for families!

My mom and I absolutely adore this show! It's witty, classy, well-written, well-acted, and in one of our favorite eras (despite the fact that men were considered "better" than women in the '40s). It follows one of my favorite Marvel heroines, Peggy Carter, who can handle an entire storyline without having to fall into the arms of a male love interest just to keep the show running. It empowers young girls and shows them that they can do anything they set their minds to. I also love the fact that Steve Rodgers, Captain America, is mentioned, because he's a part of Peggy's life, them being in love, after all. And even though she does have some male love interests throughout the show, they don't change who she is: a strong, powerful, beautiful woman that is an amazing role model for young girls everywhere.

Kid, 12 years old July 28, 2015

good

its a good program really recomended the last episode is a lot more gory than the rest apart from that great
Kid, 11 years old July 5, 2015

Great Avengers/Captain America spinoff show , slightly less violent than Marvel films

Great, only a few bad words and scenes of violenc.

Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 February 16, 2015

The best superhero show on television.

Marvel's Agent Carter is excellent. Period. Good performances from Hayley Atwell, James D'arcy and Chad Michael Murray.

Teen, 17 years old Written byrebma97 January 8, 2015

Decent Captain America Spinoff

The first two episodes are the only ones that have aired so far, so I'll change my review when the other episodes air. It was OK. The show has potential but the story moved a little too slowly for me. Hayley Atwell was already charming in Captain America, so it's no surprise that she comes across as likable here, too.. And lastly, Peggy is the first female character to lead a TV series in the Marvel Cinematic Universe - she's a good role model, too.
Violence: There's plenty of action (though not all the time), usually involving guns or other weapons. Possibly due to the older setting, however, it's a bit milder than its companion show, Agents of SHIELD, or the MCU movies.
Sex: Peggy uses her sexual appeal at least once to get information out of a man. She also dresses in a cleavage-bearing outfit at least once.