All teen and kid member reviews for Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Kid, 12 years old September 30, 2013

Not too scary, WATCH IT!!!

Loved this show! Thrilling and faced paced. Anyone who sees the Avengers has to watch this show and won't be alarmed by anything on it. A woman flirts with a man, but no kissing yet, some violence, guns, and the wreckage of a train station and some people injured. Little blood and language. People stick up for they're team, are strong characters, and show compassion even for criminals. Watch the show on ABC!
Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 September 24, 2013

Decent spinoff of "Avengers"

As a big fan of "The Avengers", I was eagerly anticipating this series. It was a little different than I expected, and there's certainly room for improvement (character development, more complicated story lines), so overall it's just okay. It's not the best show in the world but it's not the worst, either. Violence: Some of action/battle scenes, mostly involving hand-to-hand combat (and some blood), but it's never really graphic. Characters are sometimes killed. Sex: A few minor references, implied sexual activity (you see kissing and men and women getting dressed), and some of the females wear revealing outfits. Language is very mild, only including words like "h*ll", "cr*p", and "a**". Despite the content, "Agents of Shield" is somewhat milder than the "Avengers" film.
Kid, 10 years old September 24, 2013

It's okay...

I only saw the first episode. Violence: action scenes, some blood. Consumerism: some characters mention marvel heroes, such as Iron Man. (referred to as "a metal man" or something) Language: "b*tch" "h*ll" "oh my god" "cr**," "boobs," "balls." Sex: some female agents wear tight outfits. One scene, Skye takes off her jacket (or vest) and Ward takes a brief look at her breasts. One episode a guy and Skye are seen kissing, and in a room, with the guy shirtless, and Skye in a bra and underwear.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytardismaster August 17, 2015

Good if you enjoy Marvel movies

I think this Marvel television show is definitely worth watching if you are a fan of The Avengers and other Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. You get the same amount of violence as you would in any other marvel film and as long as you don't have a problem with gunfights with limited gore you shouldn't have a problem. There is limited Sexual references but a couple is shown in bed together although nothing is shown. There isn't much swearing but the occasional b**h, h*ll, and d*mn. there are references to drinking but it isn't completely obvious.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLucan1010 July 9, 2015

Great show for Marvel or Action-Drama fans, Common Sense Review Inaccurate though

Violence: Some gunplay, martial arts combat, superhuman powers. Gets more intense as show goes on. Rare violence that gears more towards the TV-14 side, such as bloody stabbings and the vivisection of a women to see where her powers come from (she later turns out to be ok though) Language: some mild language: d*mn, h*ll, p*ssed. Infrequent moderate such as b*tch and b*stard. Sex: Occasional mild flirting, kissing. While not frequent in the series it has been implied once or twice that characters had sexual relationships, which was definitely not included included in the common sense review. Drugs: Occasional social drinking, but very mild. So while this show is great for teens and up, it's not as family friendly as other Marvel fare. The worst episode content wise is "The Things We Bury" so watch that and if you're ok with you kids watching that all of the episodes are much milder.
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2015

Thrilling action series...is great, but extremely violent

This season was released for Tweens but it's not always appropriate for younger viewers. By the end of the second season this show has become extremely violent and gory. In the first couple of episodes its fine but when the story starts to unravel it gets more intense and you will soon find that the show will turn very quickly from a teen show to a show needing supervision. In one episode early in the first season there is a staff that turns people crazy. It reveals individual characters backgrounds and one particular characters background involved nearly drowning his brother down a well. In one episode characters go on a train were and get shot, you see blood spurting and people getting stabbed and one character getting shot multiple times while getting hugged. In one episode you learn about a characters hidden past and you can see machines sticking metal things into his brain while he is unconscious. In another episode a character shoots another through the head while they're not looking. A bad guy sticks a metal pin up his fingernail to stop good guys detecting he is bad. Also, a guy goes mental and goes around killing people by putting bloody markings on their bodies. A lady's internal organs are ripped off her flesh bit by bit and it's very bloody although you don't see much. Overall most of the episodes are just the regular action from most of the latest Marvel superhero movies but some episodes are a lot more intense than them and I highly recommend supervision for any kid under 15.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe Hannah Claire April 12, 2014
I was unimaginably excited about this show. I love it so much! I love the characters (except Ward) and there is the perfect mix of funniness and seriousness. Be warned, some episodes are rather creepy and violent! The episode T.R.A.C.K.S. (the one on the train) is particularly violent. As the show went on, they did up the sexual content. I checked and I believe episodes 5, 8, 9, 12, 13, and 15 all of a level of sexual content other than the occasional flirting. Nothing explicit is ever shown and we never see anything actually happen but we do see before, after, and discussions. There is some language as well. In a few episodes there is drinking but nothing too bad. I do highly recommend this for any fan of Avengers!
Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2014

AOS

I think that it is a good show but after a few episodes you will get bored. It is violent and does have swearing and ``sexual scenes`` but it does carry the fantasy theme with takes a bite out of the violence. NOT TO BE WATCHED AS A FAMILY
Teen, 14 years old Written bymcashd55 December 16, 2013

Marvel VS Review

This is a fantastic show. Anyone who is a fan of Marvel will come to love this show. Everything about it is so Marvel. There is sex, language, great message, good role models, violence, and drinking, drugs, and smoking at times.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJessiJL November 8, 2013

Once you screen the episodes, it is a GREAT show for teens.

It is a GREAT show for Marvel loving kids, but the sexual references and the violence might make parents want to screen the episodes before their children watch it. The diverse races and the teamwork are really good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadow21 January 6, 2015

Surprisingly not near as violent as Avengers

Not very violent. lots of language for a TV-PG series. small gunfights and iffy melee is all you can expect. There is really no sexual stuff, but mild flirting. And unlike Avengers, the very little super-hero action scenes but still very intense.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTorissaNikole January 3, 2015

Starts off slow, gets WAY better

The characters change and grow so much from when they started out. What at first looks like boring and predictable relationships is actually an intentional build-up to a huge twist that threw me so off guard I swear my feels were broken for a full week. All of the characters are very well done. || The action is not too intense, but you may want to be cautious. Alien objects turn people into stone, super-powered individuals can turn people into ice. A central theme is that one of the main characters died and came back to life, and the after effects of the procedure used can have a morbid and foreboding air to it. The procedure is shown a few times briefly, as a machine working on the brain of the individual while they cry out in pain, begging the people operating it to let them die instead of trying to resurrect them further. One person who went through treatment with the gh325 drug went insane and gained super strength, using it to rip out some of the inner organs of a man who opposed him (it wasn't ridiculously graphic: his hand was shown as bloody and it showed a blood covered intestine. It was very brief.) Someone else who also went through this treatment showed indications of insanity, taking a woman and using a knife to carve alien symbols into her skin, killing her afterwards. Later, it shows a man cutting a woman open while she was awake and removing her inner organs, then a brief shot of himself getting onto the operating table and starting to cut himself open, implying he put her organs into himself. Strategically placed camera angles keep too much from being shown, but it could still very easily be disturbing for younger kids, especially since (SPOILERS) she turns out to be the mother of one of the main characters. The woman's body is disposed of. Two people are betrayed by a friend and are pushed out of an airplane and into the ocean, almost dying as a result of it. The expected martial arts fighting scenes, with no major injuries. One main character almost dies of a gun wound, and others are grazed infrequently. The agents normally refrain from using real guns and instead use guns that simply knock out their enemies. || There is a side-plot where two of the characters have a premarital sex-without-love relationship, and it is described as such. The typical implied "man getting out of bed with woman laying down next to him." There are no real consequences for this. A bit of kissing, some romantic tension. Later in season 2, a divorced couple decides to "give it another go" and begin it with a bit of passionate kissing before spending the night together. || The occasional "hell" or "damn", maybe a "bitch" or two, but that's as bad as it gets. ||| I do remember that when I first started watching the show, I was like "this isn't the best, but I don't have anything else to watch, so I might as well continue." Boy, am I glad I did. The send off had a bit of a juvenile feel to it, but I swear, it goes from an average "meh" show to being up there (in my opinion) with Doctor Who and Once Upon A Time in terms of quality level. Despite the extensive violence, I honestly think that (especially with the new plot twist at the end of season 2 that creates a new Marvel tie-in) it is an amazing watch that will soon be very important in the Marvel universe.
Kid, 10 years old April 15, 2014

a little gross

It can be scary in parts, for example floating dead bodies, however, I really enjoyed it. A small amount of swearing and lots of action scenes. Preferred watching it during the day rather than at night.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck April 14, 2014

SHIELD

Some episodes are action packed well some are just people yapping. It has appearances by other Marvel character.The episode that aired after Captain America Winter Soldier came out had spoilers of the movie, so you probably wanna go see the newest marvel movies (that are owned by disney) before you continue watching. If you like Marvel movies you should watch Agents Of SHIELD
Teen, 14 years old Written byJaredSyko February 11, 2016

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Great show! Now for the negatives. I have seen every single episode aired on TV so far of 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' This has made me realise that as this TV show goes on, it only gets more violent. In season one, I saw the main character conscious while having open brain surgery, screaming, "Let me die! Please, just let me die!". Then I saw the main female character get shot once at close range and again while her enemy was hugging her. And it goes on. Season 2, episode 1, and somebody gets their arm cut off. The main character gets his hand chopped off forcefully with an axe for the same reason. People burn, blow, get strangled, shot, etcetera. The main villain is killed because somebody intentionally stops his heat by pressing his hand onto the Gillian's chest. His heart is crushed. There is sex, and drinking, but the violence is extended.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMarvel Man February 9, 2016

Marvel's Agents of Shield

Violence: The violence in Agents of Sheild is quite graphic and fequent however it is not unessasary os inopropriote for this type of show.Age: Mature 12 or 13+ Sex/Nudity: There are a few refrences of two characters having sex, a few missing scenes and one scene of a woman in under wear.Age: Mature 11 or 12+ Language: There is some frequant mild language such as h***,a** and Son of B**** however it is never above a PG-13 alowence.Age:11+ Overall age: Mature 12 or 13+
Teen, 13 years old Written byEngl1shPengu1n December 29, 2015

Violent yet enjoyable show.

When I read common sense media's review of "Agents of Shield I was surprised when I encountered in the violence section a sentence basically meaning, "there is violence in this show, but blood is kept to a minimum. This sentence seems to state that a small amount of blood is featured in the show. "WRONG" Unless Common sense media only watched the first two-three episodes. Agents of Shield is not a brutally gory show like, for example the walking dead (though personally I have only heard it is extremely violent.) You could go through an entire episode and might only encounter several scenes were blood is present. Its not really the blood that should give Agents of Shield a high violence rating but sometimes the acts witch can be slightly disturbing. In one episode in season 2 a person is dissected while still alive, probably the most violent of all scenes. Overall I feel I spent too much time speaking of the shows violence. Agents of Shield is quit a fascinating show, despite several innuendos and scenes, the sexually content is easily overlooked compared to most movies/TV shows. Every single episode is engaging and enjoyable, usually the ones halfway through the season are the most addicting and enjoyable.
Teen, 14 years old Written byneonlazer3 November 28, 2015

Show has best cliffhangers!!!

Wow outstanding show. I'm on the third season right now started off really slow at the beginning of the third season but wow does it catch up. There is a lot of violence but a lot of positive messages that show powerful meanings. Best show I've seen in a while.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmberdragon November 17, 2015

This is a great show!

okay, there is some violence and swearing, but not bad swearing. the worst thing about it, is sometimes, they show scenes of the bad guy being bad (like killing people, torture, and in one case dissecting) but the scenes are not too gory, but still iffy for younger, more sensitive kids. They tie in a lot of the rest of the marvel universe, which for younger kids, might help introduce them to the marvel universe and their bad guys. The show is about the good guys, and you can see that, they use "night night guns" which knock the bad guys out but don't kill them, and there are great role models. Also, fitzsimmons is awesome. But, parents need to know that there is violence and bad guys, but if you look around the world, that's all there is anyway. This show is great, but kids younger than twelve, maybe eleven shouldn't watch this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTentagirl November 12, 2015

My Favorite Show!

This is a great show and one of my favorites. It is rated PG but I think it should be rated PG 13. There is a lot of violence but nothing too bad. There are some episodes however, that have scenes that could be very , very disturbing to kids or anyone that is bothered by blood. Some very gruesome scenes. There is occasional swearing, sexual remarks and some borderline scenes but over all it is one of the best shows I have ever watched!