Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 14 parent reviews

Sort by:

Grown up man playing with 3 kids

Theme song is good (my child loved it) animation is only average, citizens animation is horrible, main characters are fine. I could expect a little more effort and budged for a spiderman franchise. My worst complaint is about Iron-man and kids relationship. 3 kids meet a grown up men in an apartment without their parents know anything about this adult (swimming pool, dinner, games) Come on, someone in Disney doesn't think it is not a correct education message to kids? Apart of that serie is ok, my child like a lot it, not expected a lot of educational values here, and villains are properly bad people and want to hurt other people.
2 people found this helpful.

Doc Oct said “what the hell.” I was really shocked that a kids show would say that.

1 person found this helpful.

Pj Masks Beat Marvel to the Punch and Is a Much Better Show

This is very clearly a Marvel rip-off of Disney's successful kid's show, PJ Masks. But a lot less tolerable. The animation, pacing, and characters are less developed (which is really saying something considering they're only shorts), and the voice acting and story beats are, again, strikingly similar to PJ Masks. I believe some of the best kids' shows take into consideration the adults in the room and work to keep them somewhat invested or entertained while watching their toddlers. But this is all just a marketing ploy and attempt to further push big named characters on younger generations.

1 person found this helpful.

Incredibly overstimulating

Incredibly overstimulating. My husband had turned on for our preschooler who was sweating by the time he finished watching one episode. And he was only sitting. Very fast paced and ever changing screen. No scene was ever not panning or zooming and scenes changed every 2-3 seconds. My son watched I think 2 times and turning off the tv both times resulted in meltdowns which is unlike him. We won’t be watching again.

It’s not bad but it isn’t great!

We prefer PJ Masks or Paw Patrol.

The bottom of the barrel - avoid at all costs

This show represents the bottom of the barrel for children's media. It's so bad I don't even know where to start. It's clearly made on the cheap and relies on bright colors and non-stop action in a way that is demeaning to young people. Stylistically, it reminds me a lot of the garbage that one might find on YouTube Kids. The biggest issue here is that the main premise of the show is that there are "good guys" and "bad guys" and that the good guys need to keep the bad guys in check by physically restraining them. I've heard a few parents mention that their children end up being attracted to the "bad guys" because they're shown having more fun than the protagonists. They demonstrate a lot of behaviors and ways of communicating that wouldn't ever occur to a child unless they watch this sorry excuse for a show. Really disappointed that my kid was turned onto this by his friends. I have a feeling Netflix might be going away for a while.

Love it except for the gaps in storyline...

I watch it with my 9yr old granddaughter. I don't see it as appropriate for preschool. Other than that, we enjoy it very much. The 5th star is missing because the series assumes everyone is familiar with the characters. My granddaughter is asking very good questions that I can't answer. Googling has been useless. Do how about some backstories for the kids. The kids who have not seen the inappropriate movies and comics. Why are there 3? How did they get here? How come the police are never chasing the bad guys? Why is Gwen a "ghost"? How come noone notices the big Webquarters on top of the house? Don't the bad guys have parents? Where do they live? Don't they all go to school? If Goblins lasers can blow things up, then why is he shooting at kids? and..... GO!!!!

Fun and entertaining

Overall I like it, love the theme song, the lessons the kids learn are usually good ones. As others have mentioned I don’t love that the kids lie to their parents. We emphasize no secrets in our house.

A GREAT Toddler/Pre-School Show!

I love this show, as do my toddlers! Spidey is a worthy role model, as are Spin and Ghost Spider. The villains aren’t glorified, and the Spidey Team always shows kindness and restraint when dealing with them. Yes, the kids hide their superhero identity from their parents (and everyone else). This isn’t much of a deal-breaker for me personally.