Parent reviews for Masha and the Bear

Masha and the Bear Poster Image

I don’t like masha for my daughter .! My daughter is 1 1/2 old and masha is making her become real bad .! I don’t recommend this show to parents masha Is a bad girl who is so stinking mean please don’t let your little ones watch this

1 person found this helpful.

Don’t let your kids watch until they’re older

My daughter is 2 and loves the show, however, she’s at an age where she absorbs and mimics everything. With that being said, she had begun to mimic Masha’s awful behavior. She tries to dictate what goes on in the house, and doesn’t listen. We are trying to correct said behavior with guidance trying to teach her that the behavior in the show is not okay. Older children who know what good behavior is more than a 2 years could enjoy it with no problem

Do not recommended

I wateched it first before let my 2.5 years old to watch. I hate Masha's attitude, the Bear didn't set any boundaries. Her lack of respect to the Bear and other animals is disgusting. She needs some discipline, but unfortunately she is surrounded with non verbal animals. Some of her behaviour a child can copy easly and follow. She is spoiled and snobby girl. My daughter watched only one series of Mash and the Bear. Then we said goodbye to them forever!!!! That's not for my daughter! Someone has got to teach her manners first.

1 person found this helpful.

It's awful and teaches poor behaviour

Masha is completely self centered. She consistently ruins any joy in bears life while expecting the world. It's a toxic relationship and bear deserves so much better. I don't know what kind of adult Masha will be, but I already know I won't like her. Not allowing this show in my house.

Terrible example

I dont understand how a show about a girl purposely misbehaving could have any positive spin to it. It's a terrible show.

Would NOT recommend this show

I am a toddler/preschool teacher and I would not recommend this show to any parent. My Grandson who is 3 is no longer allowed to watch this show. Masha is a spoiled unruly little girl. If she doesn't get her way she does bad things until she gets what she wants. My Grandsons behavior started to mimic Marshas bad behavior. If you are a parent don't allow your child to watch this show especially if you are teaching them manners, respect, etc. I wouldn't even give it one star to be honest but had no choice.

Imagination,play,learning manners. We love masha

We love masha . Alot of people say that masha is rude, I don't agree masha is a typical 3 year old and bear always corrects her and teaches her. She is a little mischievous and full of imagination and has BIG plans she's also helpful and caring. I dont think some people have actually taken the time to watch masha and the bear to see how it evolves into a whole learning experience for masha ... I personally really like masha and the bear. I appreciate the fact that it's just a kid plying with her best friends, there is no trash being taught/ pushed like some American cartoons . All the age groups in my home enjoy watching masha including ages 2,6,7,8,11, adults included also. Keep masha and the bear coming!!!

Good for kids!

I really like this show, good one from Russia

absolute trash

Don't let your kids watch this tripe. The girl is a little brat and that behavior will absolutely rub off on them. This show should have stayed on the Russian version of youtube.

I do not recommend, but you know your child best

I can only speak to my own experience. My son (almost 6) was hooked on this show - he'd watch up to an hour sometimes, and it was the only thing he watched. I made him stop when I noticed him showing signs of troubling behaviour (self harm, threats, name calling). I have watched a few episodes too, and it's a mixed bag of helpful and harmful messages (in my opinion more harmful than helpful, but that's just from my perspective and based on my family's context). I have seen the episodes too, and the things that I recall from them are some of the more disturbing and violent scenes. Every parent knows their own child best so you have to decide what you're going to do (allow them to watch it, not allow them to watch it, or watch it with them and talk about the show, etc). Of course, no parent expects media to "raise" their child for them. But many of us are forced to use media to keep our kids' attention while we're doing other things for a while. Pandemic has not made things any easier. I am inclined to agree with others who are cautioning about this show. it's not unique; there are other hilarious and delightful shows that are not as problematic (e.g. Cleo and Cuquin, Archibald, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, etc.) Media does not exist in a vacuum. Without any judgement at all I would say that if you don't have capacity to debrief and discuss the show with your child, if they are isolated from other kids and from having normal interactions with others (especially now given the pandemic), or if they're just not ready developmentally (they might be too young or not thinking critically yet about media), then this likely isn't the right show. And I say this with no judgement because parenting is difficult and we need a lot more empathy for fellow parents. I myself am stretched way too thin right now and barely functioning. For my family, we've decided to take a break from Masha for now. We're going to limit our screen time (honestly, this was a much needed wake up call) and start watching other shows and talk about them. (I'm literally asking my son to draw a picture or spend 5 minutes telling me what he watched on TV while I was busy doing something else.) When he has shown me he's able to recognize that Masha is just for fun and not to be copied, we'll slowly start introducing it again.