Parent reviews for Miracle Workers

Mild existential comedy is fun and light, has room to grow.

Adult Written byrprimeau95 February 23, 2020

Offensive if your a Believer in God

Mocks God the creator they have him acting dumb, helpless, drinking, destructive hire is this appropriate for 12 yr olds this worlds messed up

Parent of a 16-year-old Written byJunlei July 27, 2019

Didn't get past episode 3

I saw the first episode on the airplane and thought it could be promising - interesting premise, and starring Daniel Radcliffe, who has been a good actor since long before HP series.

So we sat down with two teen girls to watch it (both like Daniel). But the show is just disappointing. We are not "religious offended", but every "God" related distraction is just that - a distraction from an otherwise interesting and could-be-funny plotline. Whereas the main story idea - angels trying to help two people fall in love - offers much, the side story (a despondent/narcissist God) runs out of steam about 5 minutes into the intro. By episode 2, the God parts rely solely on a "penis" joke; and by episode 3, God parts rely soely on "diarrhea" jokes. I was hoping the show will simply return to Daniel and Co. But it keeps going back to the completely ineffective (and to many, potentially offensive/turn-off scenes involving the so-called "God"). By episode 2, we lost 2 out of 4 in the family. By the end of episode 3, all 4 gave up. Poor Daniel, having to take on such a role and try to carry a show.

Adult Written byBug76 February 27, 2019