Kid reviews for Moral Orel

Moral Orel Poster Image

Great show, not for the extremely religious (Christians especially)

I really enjoyed this show. It is a commentary on the hypocrisy of authority figures within religions not practicing what they preach. The main character, Orel, tries to follow what these authority figures teach him blindly, and ends up in trouble most of the time. Season one is more episodic usually ending with an immediate resolution, and doesn’t dive into characters that much, but the end of season two and all of season three is amazing television. It really shows you how bad people usually do bad things because of trauma, and while we can’t excuse their behaviors, we can at least understand them. I enjoyed the comedy as well, but I would not recommend this show to those easily offended by critique on religion, or viewers under the age of 13. I would say a emotionally mature 13 year old would be able to handle this show.

A comedy turned tragedy

It's truly an incredible show. Beginning mainly as a comedic show within its first season, including a lot of dark humour and pokes at Christian fundamentalism, which have stayed throughout its entiety, it slowly becomes much darker and more deep as it goes along. In my personal opinion, the true turning point of the show is Nature, my favourite episode of the series. How Orel sees his father in such a light that diverges from his regular, more positive viewpoint. His everyday optimism turns to fear and anger at his father's actions. Seeing such a monstrous side of his father, as their camping trip turns horrible. Moral Orel is a story about a son who's only out to try his very best and make those around him proud, even though their morals and values are incredibly twisted. His kindness sees through a lot of their ideas, as many times does he sacrifice doing what's 'right' in their eyes through following his heart. A true God-loving boy, Orel finds great love and comfort in Him and his religion. He has great strength and love for everyone around him, even for his parents, who continue to abuse him, especially his father. Quite a few of the people in Moralton, such as Stephanie and reverend Putty (from meeting his daughter, he becomes more open-minded) are truly good people. Stephanie is greatly oustracized by most of the town, excluding Orel. A truly kind soul, she wishes for love and acceptance, which she greatly gets from Orel. The show looks at people as a whole. How we're treated, the vices that we hold, the tragic pasts we have, the hidden pain not shown to others and second chances, which some may take and others will not. It looks at many different topics, from abuse and alcoholism to sexual abuse with a very sympathetic and understanding perspective. It's not out to demonize people, but to give a better understanding of what they're going/gone through. It's bleakness and non-sugarcoating eventually lead to its cancellation, but I'm very thankful to have been introduced to this wonderful show. I feel as though I've learned a lot from it. There's certainly a lot more to the show, and I greatly encourage those willing to look into this deep, truthful show. It's extremely touching, harsh and beautiful. As for my rating choice, I feel as though it's appropriate for 14 or older. If you're mature enough and willing to understand darker facts of life, I'd give it a shot.

Groundbreaking

This show is in my eyes amazing. But for this shows you should be older for each season. Season 1 13+. Season 2 14+. Season 3 15+.

Good and dark

How is it 16+ barley any swearing. anyways, its dark

A spoof of Davey and Goliath

I enjoyed this show. But in the later seasons it gets depressing. But the show is a spoof of Davey and Goliath.

OK I guess

Weirdest cartoon ever, funny sometimes, but kinda dark and different than most adult cartoons. Mature teens only.

KIDS MUST WATCH THIS

How is there a zero in positive messages?!?! Ummm, did CSM even watch this show, I strongly doubt it. Kids must know that the bible is not perfect! People don't want to admit that religion isn't perfect! Kids are most impressionable (8-11) so this is a great pick for mature tweens.

In my opinion too much for even adults.

Ain't a show for anyone under 18 honestly.

HAHAH!!!

well...its definitely NOT a kids show but its really funny for older people!!