All parent member reviews for MTV Juvies

Adult Written bysunni47 April 9, 2008

Typical MTV MOrals..none

I have never in all my years found anything good about MTV since 1999. Maybe if they edit it abit and even if they blip out the word, ANYONE can read the words on their lips, we aren't morons...To me, MTV..isn't uplifting for the youth so why subject them to it or let it in your home?
Educator and Parent of a 14 and 15 year old Written byLiz Perle April 9, 2008
Adult Written bylzamzow April 9, 2008

NOT REAL!!!!!!

The show insinuates that Juvenile Detention is the same as +18 jail and prison. Yes it may scare some younger audiences into shaping up, since it's still not a joy ride being in there, but one "Juvi" even said, "Now I know what people feel like who are in jail everyday"...and yadda yadda yadda. Sorry hun, but that is NOT the same as real jail or prison...at ALL!!! While some kids may be shocked into reality, I think a lot more might think, "Oh well...that's not that bad"...even if they ARE 18 or older, since "inmates" imply that it's the same as jail/prison. I mean 95% of them don't even stay there for over a couple or 3 days!! I just think that MTV is making way too light of the situation/experience.
Adult Written byJnk April 9, 2008

Don't let this happen to your kid

I think this is a good eye opening show for kids who think about doing crimes that would end them up in a place like juvenile hall! The parents on this show however should wise up and not be so eager to believe their kid won't continue the behavior that landed them in juvenile hall in the first place! Some kids will turn around and change their behavior yet some don't and go back to the bad behavior.
Adult Written byIndymom2 April 9, 2008

Must see TV for parents and teens

As a parent with a teen currently going through the Juvenile Justice system, I was very interested to see this program. Even though they may not show everything that goes on, It was pretty real to life. I look foreward to the sequel.
Adult Written byamorde1 April 9, 2008

Its ok

I like the show just wish it wouldnt repeat so much
Adult Written byamber123 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008
Boring at times, but it does teach teenagers the consequences of rash actions.
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

MTV Juvies

Sexual Content (Not an Issue): None. Violence (Pause): Some of the teens' crimes involve violence. Language (Pause): The occasional hell or damn. Social Behavior (Not an Issue): While the kids have their problems, they usually learn their lesson. Bad attitudes have immediate consequences. Commercialism (Not an Issue): None. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Pause): Some of the teens' crimes involve drugs.