Parent reviews for My Super Sweet 16

Not much to celebrate here; skip this party.

Adult Written byV O May 20, 2012

Terrible show. not worth watching even for a chuckle.

Why this show even exists is beyond me. However this is MTV, so it's to be expected. I feel, if you think MTV is doing this only for entertainment and not for any form of promotion, that's very naive. MTV is ALL about promotion. It always has been and it always will be. MTV banks off teenagers spending their parents money to mimic somewhat, if not exactly the type of behavior that's seen on this show. All these parents are insane and I can't believe they'd even show their faces with their kids acting like this. It would be one thing if it was about teens having lascivious parties. However they choose the most obnoxious teens they can find, to be laughed at and call it a tv show. Teens easily pick up the bullying-envy behavior from this show. They sit there laughing at the stupidity and craziness of these rich kids, but at the same time want to have what they have. What's the point of showing spoiled little brats throwing tantrums and then getting whatever they want? There's nothing of any value to gain from this show. These kids shouldn't be laughed at or given at type of attention. It's actually really sad that these teens are gonna grow up and probably become very powerful and inflectional in society. Thanks to their enabling parents.

Parent of an infant and 3-year-old Written byspareparts2004 February 1, 2012

Please tell me this is a fake

This show cannot be for real. If it is not an enormous joke, then someone should be arrested.

The episode I saw featured a 14 year old from Miami whose mother bought her a $60 K+ car for her 15th. That cannot be legal. In another scene, she was shown 'rehearsing' for a music video with a boy band that was to perform at the party. The dance step she was performing consisted of some extremely suggestive grinding, out in a public park. The girl was skimpily dressed. The band, as creepy a bunch as I have ever seen hanging around teenage girls, choreographed this 'special birthday' dance move just for her. In addition, the lead singer of the band was wearing a T-shirt with lewd content during one of the talking heads.

Extreme mean girl behavior is demonstrated. First, the girl passes out party invitations in a park in front of a big crowd when not all are invited. In another scene, she criticizes her friend for the friend's weight, again in front of a large group. She said more than once, 'I am the princess', and displayed an unbelievable lack of empathy for anyone else. Needless to say, she is spewing a constant torrent of ingratitude to her mother, who stands by bemused, as if there is nothing she can do.

In the 15 minutes I saw - could not take any more - no mention was made of the dad, other than the Mom knew that Dad won't like the car the girl has selected. He doesn't want her to drive a convertible. So they need to keep it a secret from him. Really?

I sound like a prude in this posting but in reality smoked for a long time, drink alcohol, and swear a lot, so I thought my tolerance was pretty high. Again, this show HAS to be totally fake. I hope that any kid who watches this show is in on the 'joke' and can understand that this behavior is way beyond normal teenage narcissism and borders on sociopathic. The parents cannot possibly be as stupid and clueless as they allow themselves to be portrayed. If they are, it's a miracle they function in civilized society.

Parent of a 13-year-old Written byVeg384 December 22, 2009

Pure, Undiluted Idiocy

I can't really say there's anything wrong with this show, but anyone with a grain of common sense would roll their eyes and skip this show. It's nothing but a bunch of spoiled, rich brats who complain when their $200,000 party "sucks" and they don't get a $200,000 to go with it. *cough* Losers! *cough*

Parent of a 9, 12, and 18+-year-old Written byrainrider778 January 4, 2009

brattiest,fakest,ugliest show on earth!

i hate watching this
Adult Written bykwiecien84 April 9, 2008

hmmm

I have watched several shows and nothing is technically "wrong with it" no sex no drugs the occasional beeped out word... but the way these girls act is rediculous and just plain comical
Adult Written bygoldfishee27 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008
Strangely addicting, but still just junk. Don't start watching it...you'll probably be sorry!
Adult Written byjuddfamily6 April 9, 2008
Repulsive show -- The parents are as immature as the kids!
Adult Written bykeepxdancnx April 9, 2008

What's TV coming to?

These girls have no value in anything. They complain that they cant get the brand new 2007 Jaguar convertible. They whine when mommy takes away their platinum credit card and cry because their entrance wont be an over the top parade, shutting down a main road. This isnt reality for most of America. Why should we have it on our televisions?