Parent and Kid Reviews on

Nature Cat Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 29 parent reviews

Sort by:

Still trying to figure it out

Maybe it's just me, but the characters are annoying (and loud) and the usual lesson included in these shows is hard to find. It seems like the message is to explore nature, but my toddler doesn't need a show to tell her that. She has no interest in the show and I find it hard to get through.
2 people found this helpful.

Well........

ok first the characters Nature cat: well, he is a pretty straightforward character, that's all The dog: ya, he is an incredibly stupid character (I understand he is supposed to be the character who asks the questions) appearing to look the oldest, he acts the stupidest of all. The mouse: my favorite character so far, she is pretty cute, but she is also kind of a girly girl at some times The bunny: again, it is my favorite character too. So she is pretty much the nerd of the group Music: after one episode, there is a short break with music. So far I've seen two, the swamp and going outside. The lyrics are supposed to teach about nature too, but the goin outside one is pretty cringey The whole show: it is very disappointing and straightforward. I reccommend wild kratts it is more unique with more adventure
2 people found this helpful.

Looks and sounds like sponge bob

It's as hokey as I worried it would be. Cheesy action sounds, silly music, lots of shouting. Overwhelming for young kids and just annoying. Illustrations look like sponge bob. Disappointed PBS picked this versus quality programming like Daniel Tiger or Sesame Street.
1 person found this helpful.

This is sooooo good

It certainly is.....something else

Nature Cat was a show about a clumsy cat who was over confident and saved the day by mistake by his unfortunate mishaps somehow miraculously resulting in solving whatever problem the characters had. And, like the other reviews mentioned, he had an extremely annoying voice that got on our nerves. I think the show is a little goofy and is only suitable for specific audiences.

Good show but Nature Cat's voice is annoying

The show is nice but it is probably most well-known for Nature Cat's infamous voice. Why did they make him sound so annoying? At least the show is good its just his voice is REALLY annoying.

Just too many whining characters

The characters scream, cry, and whine throughout the whole episode. Nature Cat's voice being the worse of them all. I don't know why CSM would rate this so high. This show will make your child a whiner.

Fun and entertaining!

We got the DVD and my kids watch this in the car. They absolutely love the show and they learn a lot from it too. It keeps them busy while I can focus on the road and won't have to worry about what they're seeing.

good

my kids like this show. i like it too

Probably better for older kids

The show is great but sometimes there are intense scenes. Like, for example, Nature Cat fell down the mountain and over a cliff and is not seen for a moment. Also, the dog character was on a boat that was about to go over a waterfall but they saved him. And a tree fell on Ronald but they saved him. I think the show is nice but for older kids. I think it should be Y7 instead of Y now because I don't think younger kids nowadays could handle it.