Parent reviews for Nutri Ventures

Food-themed adventure series promotes healthy eating habits.

Parent Written byAmburshelton August 27, 2015

Propaganda...

Our first impressions are it's a weird and racist show. Not because it's so obviously "not American made"... but our problem is with the mindset of the creators, who have an uneducated view of nutrition. The idea of this show or the main message it sends to kids has the potential to be really "grand" (haha)... but it fails in the key areas and gives a heavy propaganda vibe... There were no "green foods" in the two episodes we watched... (which were very difficult to sit through... every 5 minutes there was something me or my husband would get irritated about.) I guess the racism we witnessed was considered "mild stereotyping"... bs... tone it down... I like the idea of 7 kingdoms working together for kids and adults alike to eat balanced diets... and fighting the garbage foods like sugar and fats... but it's still a twisted view of nutrition. And I feel like if you're going to through with making a cartoon series like this it shoyld be more "grandland" . . . Do some good scientific research (non biased) on balanced healthy diets for humans and then rethink your POWER SNACKS / ENERGY BOOSTERS / BONE ENHANCING FOODS! >.<
Parent Written bylbjay March 13, 2016

Crossed the blurry line of cartoon violence

Yet another foreign language toon with a layer of uninspired English dubbing added for Netflix distribution. This one started out merely annoying, but 5m or so into the 1st episode one of the bad guys slaps his henchman in a way that was just too disturbing for my tastes. Maybe the sound effect was too visceral or something, but I was done at that point. Giant dinosaur trucks endlessly smash each other (DinoTrux) and I'll tolerate it, but something about the violence/scariness here crosses that blurry cartoon violence line into something kids shouldn't have to make sense of until they're likely past the age where they would enjoy this show anyway.

Adult Written byrlmiranda April 8, 2016

Very Well Done

Kids love the story and in the end they will ask for healthy food - it really works!

Parent Written bySuleidy L. May 8, 2017

Not for children

When the fraises "you are not as stupid as you look!" and "You skinny weak idiots" are used in any cartoon or show means children are being taught that it is ok to speak to people this way and also accept for others to speak to them this way.