Kid reviews for Odd Squad

Lively mixed-media series solves mysteries with math skills.

Teen, 16 years old Written bychatnoir February 11, 2016

Awesome, witty, and fun!

This show is really, really entertaining for all ages! I'm 16, yet the script and actors never fail to amuse me and make my day a little brighter. The characters are so positive and so determined, which is great for kids to look up to. The plot of each show always have an educational and entertainment value to them, and shows that teamwork is really helpful. The learning factor is slipped in well enough it's almost like the kid doesn't even realize they're learning; they begin to want to be able to figure out the math problems before the kids on the screen do! My little brother who's 7 is really psyched to watch it, and really looks up to these wonderfully funny characters. Overall, this show is probably the best show I've ever seen for kids today, because lately shows are always so loud, dumb, pointless, and turn kids brains to mush. This show is the complete opposite of that, and gives me hope for the future of TV for kids.

Kid, 12 years old October 24, 2015

Funny and Educational

This is one of the best modern young kid show I have ever seen. I like to watch it with my little brother. The child spy industry makes it exiting for younger kids and not boring for seven and eight year olds. It also incorporates math into every problem and in the end teaches math techniques.

Teen, 17 years old Written byColinLong September 18, 2015

Best kids show I've ever seen

Although I'm 17, I find this show very appealing and I wish it was around when I was a kid. The writing is so good and funny enough to get me laughing. All the Nickelodeon kid shows now are complete crap and this show is original and so much better. I just think the viewers need to be old enough to understand the humor though.

Kid, 12 years old January 29, 2016

awesome

it is so funny and is kinda annoying but worth it

Teen, 15 years old Written byDigiGoggleHeadBoy November 7, 2015

The Best TV Show Ever!

age group 4-8 Weird, but funny. Not only a fun, engaging kids show, but educational. You usually follow two agents 12 year old Olive and 10 year old Otto, who solve weird problems using math. Not only dose it teach grade school math, but it teaches kids to not give up, even if it's hard, to work problems out slowly, to work with their partners well, and to be them selves, while being very funny. Plus the show is live action, which makes it even fun. Even adults and older siblings love it as much as the younger kids do, never getting the feeling of being too old for it. They also have apps and a website, where kids can set up a account and become an agent. Solving odd cases, just like Olive and Otto, watch episodes, clips, meet the characters, training videos, and Soundcheck music videos, find info on your favorite characters, and take quizzes, that are fun and age appropriate. There are even fans that love Odd Squad so much they make awesome videos on it. http://youtu.be/sMJ4kThOBOY http://youtu.be/jIFc33C2cE4 Check out their website @ http://pbskids.org/oddsquad/

Teen, 15 years old Written byHunter.O June 24, 2016

My four year old cousin and I love it!

Yes, it is on PBS kids, yes it is to teach math, and yes, I love it! It is well written, and I enjoy all of the different personalities. Some of the parents on here say that the kids are bratty on the show, but I can only recall one character that has a bad attitude, and it is quite obvious that the other characters don't enjoy it. She also calls every single person Sherman, so it is obviously just for humor. As long as your kids just laugh at it, it's totally fine. I don't see any reason why a child would start acting bratty because of one character on a tv show. I love the style of this show, and how there are references to things little kids wouldn't understand! For example, in their online series "oddtube" they show a jump the shark award! Which the new character is in the running for! Absolutely love this show, and I know many other people out of the age range for it, like it to!

Teen, 17 years old Written byDream Chaser April 15, 2016

From the babysitter's view

My dream is to work with children for a career some day. I enjoy seeing the joy that Odd Squad brings to the faces of my 10 year old brother and 2 year old cousin. This show is great for kids because it is funny and entertaining and also manages to slip in a small math lesson so children can learn without even realizing it. This show is also entertaining for adults as well as teenagers and useful, too. I find that half of the math taught on this show has shown up to haunt me on my high school algebra tests and I am always so thankful for Odd a Squad. In my book, I would much rather spend my time watching Odd Squad or any other PBS kids show then most of the other kids' shows (and adult shows) in the world today. Unlike other kids' shows, Odd Squad teaches all viewers to never give up and to preserve even though a catastrophe. Odd Squad is full of life lessons that are taught less and less in school and at home such as teamwork, perseverance, and especially RESPECT! Through Odd Squad, children are taught to respect the head authority like Ms. O. Through Ms. O, kids learn to respect their parents, teachers, and future bosses. Odd Squad is my absolute favorite way to pass time and I give it a 10 out of 10. Way to go Odd Squad for being a show that is actually worth watching!

Teen, 13 years old Written byepicpenzzz February 13, 2016

Boring, Repetitive Lessons, though Exciting at Some points

I don't like this show because the lessons are very obvious, but it is quite boring and the characters obnoxious. Not something I would watch in my spare time, but I might watch it if I had to. The math is taught in a way directed towards kindergarteners, and having learned that math when I was closer to three, I found it very demeaning.
Teen, 17 years old Written byErinMilne January 25, 2017

Odd Squad Forever!

I've been a loyal fan of this show since its inauguration, and I have to say it's one of the best I've ever seen. My former favorite was Cyberchase, but Odd Squad eclipses it in every way: funnier, more realistic, more sophisticated, more original, more informative. The premise grabbed me instantly. I mean, kids fighting 'oddness'? Most of the kids I know indulge in too much of it! I could get behind this! The math lessons are portrayed in a realistic manner, albeit an occasional unicorn and a couple of random glowing people here and there, and the characters are both believable and lovable. Logical, professional Olive, fun-loving, creative Otto, and quirky genius Oscar are all brilliant role models for kids, who will return again and again to watch them and their interactions (along with great minor characters, of which my favorite is the no-nonsense Dr. O. "WHAT'S NEXT?") Would definitely recommend this show for anyone who knows English and wants a good laugh and/or a good cry. What the main review doesn't say is that Odd Squad is currently in its second season; Olive, Otto, and Oscar have moved on to higher positions (management of another squad for Olive and Otto, president of the science department for Oscar). Fortunately, their replacements are every bit as good, if not better. Perky go-getter Olympia, introverted, soldierlike Otis, and brilliant but wacky Oona make Season 2 an excellent addition to an already great series.

Kid, 9 years old August 16, 2016

Love this Show

Im9 and I am a big fan of Odd Squad.Acting is very good.They made a movie and it was awesome. Every episode has a Math Lesson .I think kids and adults will enjoy this Show They're is no Violence,Nothing that is violent.

Teen, 14 years old Written byNinjago Queen July 27, 2017

Absolutely LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really love Odd Squad, I have watched it since it came out and it honestly cracks me up still. The character are very admirable, and teach kids very efficient problem solving skills. It ticks me off when I see the reviews that label the character as brats, they are SO the opposite. The script is fun and witty, and the odd situations are absolutely hilarious. Though I'm not as young as some of the viewers, I still love this show, and hate to see it badmouthed. I really like how the characters explain the problems, it's a perfect combination on math and wit. I love this show, and it has enough humor to keep kids laughing and engaged, but enough math (and a bit of science, since to two interconnect) to keep it educational.

Kid, 8 years old May 13, 2016

Not very good for a 6-12 year old age aim!!

Simple maths problems get solved like 4 - 7 so for children that want to learn 'complicated' maths before early school (reception/kindergarten). One scene of, Very mild violence and peril.
Kid, 11 years old September 11, 2017

I say 3+, but I ACTUALLY mean ages 3 to 3.5.

These jokes seem to be directed to preteens, but the math seems to be at a kindergarten level. What is the demographic? I really don’t like this show. It has terrible acting, awful stories, and ABYSMAL special effects. This one episode where all the cubes were being turned flat. The villain of this episode, “Fladam”, has a horrible backstory. He was apparently a kid who severely hurt his foot as a kid, on a toy block. And apparently accidently tapping a block with his foot caused him to become a supervillain. WHAT??

Kid, 9 years old July 9, 2017

awesome

This is a great show were kids solve problems with math and games.

Teen, 17 years old Written byIzzyBlackbird June 22, 2017

Couldn't be more annoying

I saw it with my little cousin (he is about six) and we couldn't belive that anyone could have written such a nonscence without being embarrased. Cute characters: None Relateable: Nope Fun: Only if you laugh at it Useful for enterteining kids while doing something else: They will get bored really quickly You lost the message becouse overall ii doesn't catch your atention It isn't even fairly well animated
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpeckledhyena November 1, 2017

Funny and educational, great for all ages

This series definitely picked up as it went along. I absolutely love the characters, story, and lessons in every episode. I also enjoy the humor used, it's quite unexpected in some cases. I also think the characters are quite interesting, I enjoy Otto's/Olympia's sense of humor/silliness and Olive's/Otis's normally serious and calm behavior, an unlikely pair for sure but they still work together. I enjoy the subtle lessons of teamwork being taught as well as the math lessons, and how Ms. O learns, as I remember, "I've learned not to yell all the time, because when you yell too much, people may think that that's all you do." I also found it interesting when the main villain of the series, Agent 43 (usually called Odd Todd), decided to turn himself around and became a gardener, and later Otis taught him to control himself before Todd decided he'd use a toast gadget to cause more oddness. Overall, I think it's a pretty funny and educational show for all ages.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHgfbmuigmi June 25, 2018

Different than most shows in the education genre.

Finally, a show that speaks up to kids with a normal volume for character dialogue. It's hard to find shows like that now. The humor is really good, too. It takes the method of defying expectations, and is ACTUALLY funny. Plus, the show actually has seasonal plotlines, so it's very interesting to follow. Whether the episode is just filler or it contributes to the plot, you'll be sure to enjoy it. Kids will be sure to enjoy Odd Squad, and adults can watch too! Unlike other shows, Odd Squad isn't really so educational it's annoying. The acting is really good, the writing is really good...I'd recommend that you at least give it a chance. I myself watch Odd Squad, and I'm clearly out of the age demographic. Plus, it will make kids feel like they're watching a cool show that adults watch, but the show is entirely appropriate. Now, I save this for last because I always believe it shouldn't be the deciding factor in whether a piece of media is good or not, but the show has good diversity. Violence? Yeah...there's a good amount. But, it's still a kids' show, so there's nothing too graphic. And the shipping is all in the fandom, so you don't have to worry about that either. Obviously, there's no swearing. Consumerism? Okay, well, in the show, no products are ever really put in. In the show, there's only one company, Shmumbers. It's actually a monopoly. And a fake company. The actual show has some merchandise, but it's all either clothes or home decor, you'd be lucky to get your hands on an authentic badge or costume. Those are only given out at really special events. Merchandise can be found on the PBS KIDS online store or fineartamerica.com. There are also tote bags and posters and stuff, so...yeah. But no toys or anything. That, in itself, I think, inspires kids to make their own gadgets out of household material -- er, with their parents' permission, of course -- instead of spending money on new toys. Not to mention, all the music is amazing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMochiWolf April 21, 2018

Best kid's show EVER!!

I know, I know, this show is for little kids. But I LOVE it! It's so clever and funny, and even my PARENTS laugh at some of the jokes. There are pop-culture references (Star Trek fans, there was an entire episode to parody the Star Trek episode "The Trouble with Tribbles"!! I just about fell off the couch when I saw that!) and they teach math in creative ways. The plotlines are enough to satisfy even teens, and the characters are so likeable. I will say that Miss O is kind of annoying, but she's made to be the "bad boss" character, and I think she's made that way for laughs from the kids who get that.