All parent member reviews for Oobi

Parent of a 3 year old Written byKick_Kiki April 1, 2011

Eh.

We haven't really had a chance to sit and watch this one because our 3 year old was really turned off (okay, so he sort of freaked out) by the talking hands with big oogly eyes. *shrugs* The little bit that I did get to see was 'okay' at best. Not interesting.
Parent Written bymommys~r~us June 12, 2011

How does Oobi poop?

We all just want to know how Oobi poops? Yes, on some shows they do talk about poop. Oobi does eat and we teach our children how food digests, so how does he poop? And where does it come out?
Parent of a 6, 10, and 14 year old Written byKako January 18, 2015

Perfect for Learning & Fun!

This show was creative and silly yet educational and inspiring at the same time. Oobi and the rest of the characters do not speak in full sentences so that the youngest of children can understand. A gem!
Parent Written byjack.kerouac December 6, 2012

Oobi is not a suitable show for preschoolers

This show is spoken completely in sentence fragments of 2-3 words. It regresses preschoolers from developing strong sentence structures. This is a suitable show for young toddlers to learn nouns and some basic adjectives, but is terrible for preschoolers who are developing the English language.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 16, 2012

oobi

Families can talk about the various situations Oobi faces that relate to a young child's life, such as overcoming fear and shyness, coping with separation anxiety, and relating to others. Each episode leaves room for further discussion about self-expression. How do you tell other people what you think and feel? Why is it important to care about others' feelings?
Parent Written byImSpidey2 June 10, 2012

My favorite educational show.

I know the format is sorta stupid and creepy, but it's kinda cute to me. It's very enjoyable and light-hearted and overall, my favorite educational show.
Parent Written byMommy2two August 24, 2011

Creepy hands talking like cave-men

Yikes! This tops the charts of horrible children's shows. Seriously..talking hands? They all have speech problems, more understandable and forgivable for children, however when the adult hands are talking like cave-men, I cannot fathom a child learning anything but cave-man language and creepy behavior.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byggmama May 4, 2011

A great first show for young viewers

We watched this show with my son as one of his first shows. At first glance, we were a little put off by the hands as puppets, but our son really liked the characters and they grew on us. The show is easy to follow with 3-4 characters, simple words, short segments, and a good message. It was a great first show for us. It was the one show that really held his attention and taught good life lessons. We would often find ourselves referring to the show: "remember how Oobi went to the doctor, we're going to see the doctor today too, etc" We'll be watching again with my daughter when she starts watching tv
Educator and Parent of a 4 year old Written byJudyjii April 9, 2008

Kids Love This!!

We really like watching this show together. My husband will also pretend to be Oobi to get our daughter to finish dinner, get ready for bed etc. It's great!
Adult Written byTeeKJay April 9, 2008

My daughter loves it

I have a 3-year-old, and she can't go through the day without seeing at least one Oobi episode. It's very funny and very sweet, and has a little something for everyone. The "flirting" between Grampu and Inka is especially amusing.