All parent member reviews for Orangutan Island

Adult Written bysnowedinmomof3 April 9, 2008

my daughter is 6.5 and she loves this show. there are many lessons to be learned about our society thru these animals and people who care for them. it sparks many conversations in our house.
Adult Written byredapes April 9, 2008

Orangutans: Lots to love and lots to learn

Orangutan Island is a rare treat for viewers who have never had the opportunity to see orangutans in the forest. Everyone-- young and old-- will fall in love with the orangutans-- guaranteed! :-) But beyond the 'cute' factor, there are many serious issues being addressed. These orangutans have all suffered a very cruel fate. Their mothers were killed-- most likely on palm oil plantations where they were desperately searching for food for themselves and their babies. Parents should not forget this-- and can use this show as an opportunity to teach their kids about environmental issues such as animal conservation, deforestation and global warming.... Orangutans are critically endangered and could be extinct in the wild within a decade unless something is done to protect them. The orangutans featured on the show are lucky to be alive-- but they are just one group of many. The Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation is currently caring for nearly 800 orphaned orangutans-- and they all need our help! Learn more about orangutans and their fight for survival at the Orangutan Outreach website: http://redapes.org Keep watching the show and tell all your friends. Help spread the word! -- Richard Zimmerman Director, Orangutan Outreach Reach out and save the orangutans!
Parent of a 16 year old Written byJokawild103 March 14, 2011

Chen Chen, Cha Cha, Hamlet, Daisy, Saturnus, Jordan, baby Hardy and the other Orangutans became part of my family:)

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! Orangutan Island became a part of my life over the last few months and I am sickened to hear that it was cancelled. Here in Hawaii the shows air at 4am and I would stay up just to watch. I was so fascinated with Orangutans I even went to visit the Honolulu Zoo just to see them in real life.