All parent member reviews for Oswald

Parent of a 2 year old Written byAsterix December 23, 2013

A great show for 2 year olds (and older)!

This is a wonderful tv show for toddlers (2 years and older). We kept our son from watching any tv until he turned two, and this was the first show we allowed him to watch. It's a very calm show, so there's no sensory overload for little ones. There's nothing scary (though my son didn't like one scene where the tree character brought out a radio - still trying to figure that one out). The messages are very positive and well presented, without feeling forced, and are perfect for toddlers (e.g., not giving up; accepting/loving friends that are different; forgiveness). The stories are easy to follow, and still capture the imagination of toddlers. I unreservedly recommend it to all parents of toddlers between the ages of 2 and 5 years of age. If you have Amazon Prime, the Oswald episodes are included.
Adult Written byvolgirl April 9, 2008

Disappointed with language

I think Oswald is an adorable show. I've always been a fan of Fred Savage. However, we have had to ban Oswald in our house. Unfortunately, Oswald's favorite phrase (Oh my gosh!), is not one that we permit our children to say. I'm really disappointed with the writers of Oswald that they would feel the need to have such language in what otherwise is an adorable pre-schooler show.
Adult Written bykch April 9, 2008

I love Oswald!

Bright and clever animation, a gentle soul, & warbly singing make Oswald my favorite.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byletticepalmer May 30, 2011

Slow Pace Just Perfect For Young Kids

The pace of this show is so slow that me and my wife often doze off during an episode. Our 2 1/2 year old is generally rivetted, however. The pace is just perfect for a young kid and the stories usually have some nice lessons about life. I love that every time the characters cross a street, they stop and look both ways. Those kinds of details are what makes the show good.
Adult Written byFilmutante April 9, 2008

Sweet and Well written

Charming world of Dan Yaccarino animated. aclever and fun while remaining gentle and creative for a children's show. Good social interaction between characters. No commercial tie ins
Parent Written byreginamrose April 9, 2008