Parent reviews for PAW Patrol

PAW Patrol Poster Image

Way too much action, frightening, and intense scenes.

2 people found this helpful.

Don’t recommend

Very little educational content. Some scary elements. Very little racial or gender awareness has gone into the creation of this show!
2 people found this helpful.

Mindless Garbage

I've seen a few reviews lamenting the lack of gender equality with Skye and the other puppies. Which is laughable. The show is designed for little boys, and things are presented in the way they understand things, so take your SJW garbage and shove it! That said, the show is trash. It is crack for toddlers. Puppies, trucks, lights, and a catchy theme. The show presents bad behavior as something funny. Unlike Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Puppy Dog Pals, where there is learning and bad behavior is admonished, Paw Patrol does nothing. My toddler and his cousins have been conditioned by this show to have meltdowns when it's off. My son behaves great, wants to set the table for dinner, etc. But when this show comes on he becomes a different person.

1 person found this helpful.

Great show for kids; parents need to chill.

As someone who's been actively watching Paw Patrol with his daughter, I can say the first few seasons are rough around the edges. Anything that's season six or later is honestly much better in terms of pacing and just the progression of the story through the episode. There's a number of themes in the episodes that are explored and they're often silly with the occasional precarious situation (like being stuck in a volcano). There's no violence - no kicks, punches, or bites however things are occasionally thrown (and usually to be helpful). In the first Mighty Pups however, Ryder is subject as a target to a bubble trapping device (as in it is aimed at him and launched towards him). She loves all the pups, Everest being her favorite next to Sky and Rex (from the newest dinosaur rescue season). She likes seeing them help others and "save the day", and laughs at when silly things happen in the show. There are times where she will binge-watch the episodes but we've honestly all done that with our favorite shows at one point, and it honestly doesn't last long as she often asks for something else to watch. As far as parental complaints with consumerism is concerned, their complaints are with the toys and not the actual show. As far as the show goes there's no Pepsi sponsorship on display, there's no product placement in the show. Outside of dogs eating dog treats the show doesn't encourage you to go out and buy toys. That's not to say the show doesn't help the market for more toy ideas, with all the vehicles and gadgets they continue to get. That being said we have one of each pup from the Spinmaster plushes and our daughter has fun pretending to send the pups out on missions both by herself and with ol' mom and dad. The toys can be a great way to help exercise a kid's imagination and creativity, but have to remember it is up to the parents to be a part of helping their kids learn and play. That's ultimately the difference between a kid having a tantrum because they want the Sky juice bottle they see in a store and were told no, and surprising a kid with a Sky juice bottle because they pointed it out one day and were told "not now, but maybe another time". TL;DR: The show is great. Watch it and remember the show is for kids, so unless it's teaching them bad values and morals don't be so critical on it.

1 person found this helpful.

Paw Patrol

I like Paw Patrol because it's a great show to watch and I have all of the DVDs they have made. My Favorite character is Marshall because he's the funny one. My Favorite season is season 5.

I am 22 and I love paw patrol from New York

I love Paw Patrol because they make me happy even I’m 22 now that’s funny, but the show makes me happy when I’m single I like the show because these cute pups are the best for me! When I was young I don’t experience to have Paw Patrol or cartoon stuff in my life! Now I have Paw Patrol pillowcase and bedsheet I really like it, before I don’t know there mama but now I know there names Ryder,Marshall,Chase,Rubble,Zuma, Rocky & Skye they are the cutest and I really love these Paw Patrol characters makes my heart melt! I’m from the Philippines too! They make me comfortable and happy let’s go!

Paw Patrol and Preschoolers

It's uninspiring and lacks any moral compass. Like most nick Jr. shows, this is borderline preschool entertainment. Some references to monsters and many thematic elements make this show one to keep your young kids up at night. It's pure kid entertainment with little to no educational value or moral guide.

Good show

Except my 18 year old son keeps on ruining perfectly innocent shows that are meant for kids by writing inappropriate fanfics!!! He does this with bubble guppies too. How do I stop this? Hope he doesn’t pass this onto my 16 year old and my 9 year old

An Out Standing show

Cute but not super educational

Son loves it but I wouldn’t say it’s as educational as Mickey’s clubhouse, Sesame Street or Daniel Tiger.