All parent member reviews for Paw Patrol

Parent of a 2 and 2 year old Written bySalviati September 14, 2013

Mindless Mass Consumer Garbage for Preschoolers

As far as I can tell this show has practically no educational value. It appears to be a construction out of the mind of a market researcher. You can imagine a market survey asking parents what their child's favorite things are. The results of the survey are as follows: 1) puppies 2) toys 3) rescue services ( fire, police, etc..). 'Perfect lets go make some money....'
Parent Written byPuppehmama August 25, 2013

Great role models!

The cute dogs and love able characters drew my son in immediately. He watches it repeatedly or demands we sing the song for him which can get old for parents but when he started telling me "good job!" Or says to the dog, "whoops excuse me!" we decided it was definitely worthwhile.
Educator and Parent Written byunderscorex June 1, 2014

Carefully engineered to appeal to little-boy interests.

Very toy-centric cartoon about a little boy and his team of dogs that drive city service vehicles (fire truck, police car, etc). Everyone over the age of 10 is totally incompetent, nobody is capable of speaking in a tone of voice other than "excited hollering", the girl dog flies a pink helicopter because of course she does (girls should remain above the action and only engage from a distance, you know). It's produced by a toy company to sell toys, and is generally lowest-common-denominator kid vid. It doesn't have anything explicitly troubling - no violence, sexual content, or even anything resembling real danger, but it's also loud, obnoxious, and not very good. Also, expect the usual subtle messages about girls (not as active as boys) grown ups (not as smart as kids), etc.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byAlex Kirsh November 21, 2013

Paw Patrol!

The actors who play the dogs do an amazing job to bring their characters to life! The show is funny and cute and I think the show is for kids 3 and up! The boy Owen who plays Ryder does an amazing job showing how a youn man can be such a role model in a community. Owen and the other actors are all very talented!
Parent Written byGowMomma October 23, 2013

My kids love this show

My kids love this show and I do too. So cute, and positive and they love the puppies!! Would LOVE to find toys for them (Characters from the show), does anyone know if they have them anywhere?
Parent of a 1 year old Written bycourtbarnesxoxo July 18, 2015

Puptastic!

My 1 year old loves Paw Patrol! The show teaches social skills and how to work as a team. You also learn about each pups job (police, fire, recycle, etc) You also learn about the town (farm, the bay, etc) There is absolutely no bullying portrayed in the show at all, and each pup is used just as much as the next. Ryder doesn't have favorites. I hope this show is around for a long time!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byhomelessdog July 7, 2015

Entertaining show for young kids, with a few scary moments

The show instills some positive values in children, but is mostly just entertainment and almost no learning. Ryder and his gang are good role models and always lend a hand to help when they can. The show shows the power of teamwork and problem solving. But I really only wanted to post a review because I think I would add at least one star to the "scariness" factor because there are multiple episodes about ghosts or aliens with spooky music and suspenseful scenes. The ghosts always turn out to be just dogs wearing sheets and are shown not to be scary, but in the moment they can scare a young child.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bymamaduck2012 June 22, 2015

very cute

So many people forget about their community, and this show demonstrates great community value. This is educational in the sense that it teaches values that we are not always able to demonstrate daily. Team work is another big part of this show. I personally recommended this for toddlers and pre-school aged children.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byhmaymyers May 9, 2015

Theme of other pups teasing another

I thought this was a relatively harmless show for my 4-1/2 yr old...although I agree with the other reviewers that this show has very little educational quality...it's just not clever at all, compared to something like the Octonauts... However, as I watch several episodes with my son, I realize there is a theme of all of the puppies teasing and playing tricks on Marshall (one of the pups). It seems like he may be the target in each episode? Not sure haven't seen them all...? If so, that's worrisome. I know it seems like harmless fun, but it could send a message that its ok to bully.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bynichaloush March 25, 2015

perfect

my kids and me love the show i hope it stays on for a very long time