All parent member reviews for Peg + Cat

Parent Written byChickens5 November 12, 2013

A waste of my children's limited television time - skip it!

I agree with KatherynMc's review. This show is not worth my childen's television time. Peg's character is a drama queen - I cringe when she yells "I am totally freaking out!" Really? About what? How to share fruit evenly among your friends? That's freak out material? I have the same problem with SuperWhy when every daily encounter is a "SUPER big problem." Really? I don't want to teach my children to freak out or view everything as a problem. It's not, it's just something that requires a little thought. And as far as the math in Peg + cat, yeah, again, nothing stellar. All the characters seem to yell through out the show. This show is just not for us. There are so many other, better, more educational and entertaining shows out there.
Parent of a 3 year old Written bynicemom72 November 11, 2013

fantastic cat

brilliant - nothing else like it
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byMishiOK November 13, 2013

Best children's show since "Blue's Clues"

Peg + Cat is one of the most delightful children's shows on television right now. The lessons are simple and well-integrated with the story - no breaking the flow for a "teachable moment". The characters and situations are quirky, and the animation style is refreshingly unique. My young son and I love singing the silly songs together. Hearing "I've got chickens all over me" from a goofy three-year-old never gets old.
Parent of a 1 year old Written byTamaraPaints January 21, 2014

A Breath of Fresh Air for Children's Programming!

This show is amazing!! My daughter is about 1.5 years, so I am not sure how much she is actually learning currently, but she does enjoy the songs! Every time the intro comes on she dances her way to the tv. As an artist I really appreciate the fun and funky animation style. Loving the graph paper backgrounds with math problems and diagrams on it. I am really impressed with the fresh breath of life brought into PBS with this show. I feel like Peg + Cat is more in tune with the times than other shows out there-- i.e. cell phones with apps, younger kids thinking teenagers are awesome, etc. I actually enjoy watching it with my daughter! The music is fun, the characters are adorable and funny, the math/science/logic that is being presented doesn't feel forced, and the various catch phrases are cute! I already used the term "freaking out" so now I think of the show when I say it. And if I say it-- or hear anyone else say it-- I immediately respond with "I (or you) should count backwards from five to calm down!" So in a way I think this makes me calm down too! Give this show a shot. It is great fun.
Adult Written bySamanthamaster1 December 8, 2014

I love how this show breaks gender stereotypes.

This is a great show, because, it teaches kids about math and they break gender stereotypes by having the main character a girl, because, most people think boys are better at math than girls, girls are just as good at math as boys. The only problem I have with this show is when Peg act's like a drama queen, that can get a little annoying, that's why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5, other than that, it's a great show.
Parent of a 1, 10, 14, and 17 year old Written byBJacques July 8, 2014

The yelling... oh, the yelling.

I understand the thinking behind Peg + Cat: Problem solving, pre-math, truly the basics of computer science combined with social interactions are valuable lessons for little ones. However, Peg yells ALL THE TIME. SHE NEVER STOPS YELLING. I can't stand the noise and it seems to stress out my littlest guy, so we don't watch it. Peg is (dare I say it?) bossy and that's not the kind of behavior I want my kids to emulate.
Parent Written byMs.Marshmallow May 26, 2014

Our favourite new children's programming

My 2.5 year and I love this show. He was able to count to 10 before. Since watching this show for a couple weeks, he counts to 20, to 100 by 10s and backwards from 5. I have no problem with the so-called "drama queen" behaviour. Whenever Peg says she is "totally freaking out", she calms down by counting backwards from 5. So now, when my son starts to get wound up I tell him that he's "freaking out" and to count... And it actually calms him down. Also, after we solve a problem around the house he sings the "problem solved" song. It's not often that such educational programming is this entertaining as well!
Educator and Parent of a 2, 6, and 8 year old Written byKittycat56 April 4, 2014

Great for kids aged 7 and up, iffy for any younger.

Mary Anne and Krissy sould not be allow to watch Peg + Cat..
Parent Written byAtlMom January 31, 2014

Funny for kids AND parents

My six-year-old show adores this show. It actually has some inside jokes for the grownups, too. I was surprised that other moms made such a big deal out of Peg saying "totally freaking out" because soon after she says this, they work out the problem. Kids tend to be melodramatic anyway so it makes sense to me. I would rather watch Peg Plus Cat than a lot of other kids' shows and my son seems to be enjoying math a lot more since we started watching it.