Parent reviews for Peppa Pig

Sweet pig family provides gentle lessons to preschoolers.

Parent Written bynicole1 January 29, 2016

At first it was cute, but Peppa can be very bossy and rude.

My daughter (4) becomes quite bossy and rude after watching Peppa Pig. Her listening skills deteriorate and it takes a day or so before she is back to normal. Also, the name calling is inappropriate. There is an episode where the kids have a fort and Peppa Pig creates a password, "Daddy's fat stomach/tummy" that must be said before anyone is allowed to enter. Daddy pig does not want to say it because it makes him feel uncomfortable. But Mama pig laughs and says it to enter the tree house, which forces Daddy pig to go along with it. I let her watch the rest of the episode hoping for a positive lesson. Instead, I ended up going over the scenes with my daughter explaining that this secret password to get into the tree house was not funny but mean and disrespectful. I prefer other shows such as: Wallykazaam, Team Umi Zoomi and Bubble Guppies.
Adult Written byCitywatch May 19, 2012

Be careful!

The pigs in this show can be pretty rude. I let my 3 year old watch it fir a while and he turned into a terror! At first the snorting was kinda cute.. But the other things the pigs say and do are pretty bad.. A week after I cut him off we were back to normal...
Adult Written byTaximan68 March 25, 2016

As an austrailian...

It told my kids that spiders are no harm!
Parent of a 3-year-old Written byVicky T. February 24, 2018

As it progressisses it gets even more annoying.

When my little one started watching Peppa I thought we were lucky she liked a show that was descent, educational, non violent, easy on the eye and with likable characters. Yet after a while we started noticing some disturbing signs on her behavior. Our little one was becoming less patient, more crankier, more easily crying and throwing tantrums over unimportant things. Which was getting any better with the usual talk and listen technique. So one day sitting on the couch watching Peppa with her, it hit me. 10 minutes in the show and she started whinnying for no apparent or obvious reason other than the George character was doing the same. On the second episode in she was throwing her toys around the room because she wasn't happy with her toys and she was being aggressive when I mentioned that this behavior isn't really a good one to have. After this I started linking the episodes of "bad" behavior with the Peppa episodes. So we decided to cut off Peppa for a month and see how it goes, and the verdict was that the weird behavior went away and she become more stable in her feelings and how she expressed them.
I will not badmouth the series, as I believe that it's up to the parents to choose what their child should be exposed to, yet discussing the matter with other parents they agreed experiencing the same.
I think that we will continue on not having Peppa around the house because of her strong influence. Maybe the show will be better experienced once the little one hits 5 or maybe 6 where she'll be more susceptible in understanding that others have a certain behavior we do not need to copy. There are other shows better equipped for her emotional and psychological growth. Tig and Leo is one Bjorn and Bucky another, they're talking about friendship, making mistakes, correcting them, making brave choices, realizing you're not always right.
Parent of a 3-year-old Written byJacobEH April 20, 2016

Cute but with bad role models

Too much verbal agressions and bad role models.
Peppa is disrespectful with her parents, and almost all the episodes have some kind of contempt for Peppa's father.
There are many other better choices for the same age.

Adult Written byLatoofa December 12, 2019

Parent of a 2-year-old Written bySydney T. September 5, 2017

Parents enable rude child...

Honestly, I've never been the type of mom to obsessively monitor every single thing my son hears or sees. He'll be exposed to everything at some point or another. But this show threw me for a loop. The main character is so rude and downright ugly towards other characters that are supposed to be friends. And the parents do absolutely NOTHING! I sat and watched the show pretty passively with my son one day, and I didn't think to really watch it because every parent I know says their kid is obsessed with it and it's SUPER adorable. Frankly, after passively watching more episodes than I care to admit, I started noticing some behaviors that I would have definitely not tolerated if my son were to act that way. I watched some more episodes after my son went to bed that night and I didn't see a consistent pattern of noticeable consequences to the negative actions.
I mentioned it to my brother and my friends who have children that frequently watch the show. They were all pretty stunned that they hadn't really noticed how the show doesn't clearly or even vaguely outline the negative actions as generally unacceptable.
I support shows that have characters that aren't always nice and that make mistakes or have bad days, but they also should show how it can lead to some sort of consequence and ideally teach lessons to the young audience on what they should do differently. ESPECIALLY if the show's target audience is at a stage where they're learning the most about effective and acceptable social interaction.
Parent of a 2 and 3-year-old Written byMommyPig January 30, 2013

My Family Loves Watching Peppa Pig!

I think Peppa Pig is a great show. My 2 and 3 year old daughters watch it and sometimes the whole family watches it. We even sometimes act as the characters and talk with a British accent. I find the show to be cute, cleaver and thoughtful.
p.s. We love when the pigs fall on the floor laughing!

Parent Written byNatalie D. January 7, 2020

I think it's hilarious - People are too uptight

I would hardly call it harmful. It's not the job of a show to teach your kids what appropriate behavior looks like, we all know who that job belongs to. It may not be the number one show for modelling expected behavior, but it's one of the few kids shows that actually makes me chuckle.
Parent of an infant and 2-year-old Written byangelrivas March 27, 2016

Daddy Pig is Homer Simpson?

Please, this series shows a Dummy Daddy.
Parent of a 5-year-old Written byinesdeportugal November 3, 2012

Great for preschoolers

My 5 year-old daughter loves it. It is the sort of cartoon I know I can leave her alone watching, no need to worry about violence or inappropriate content for her age. The noise the pigs make once in a while, well, it's pig noise, children find this funny. I find it curious how people tend to forget when they were this age, and review innocent cartoon saying they are boring. Of course I wouldn't chose Peppa Pig to have great entertainment for myself, isn't it obvious? My child choses it. And she laughs a lot watching it - and I do to, since what makes her happy, makes me happy.

Parent of a 3-year-old Written byElham D. May 14, 2019

Simple enough

I think the simplicity of this show helps kids to learn and get entertained without getting involved in unnecessary stressful adventures.
Adult Written byPoophead27isdabae May 9, 2019

This show...

This show is the absolute worst. It has a protagonist who embodies literally everything that a child should not look up to. Her bad behavior is what most other reviews will talk about but I don’t really care about that. I think that this show is actually dumbing kids down.

The narrator literally repeats EVERYTHING, even stuff that the characters themselves specifically stated just a second ago. Details that are normally there to set the scene, are almost entirely ignored, as the narrator gets rid of any chance for independent thought.

Furthermore, every single one of the children demonstrates an unbelievable amount of gender preference. There is an episode in which the girls and boys at a school are playing football (soccer for Americans) against each other, and they keep criticizing the other gender as useless, apathetic, and stupid. In another episode, Ms.Peppa Pig herself recognizes that her team is probably cheating, but before she can say that out loud to their coach, one of her friends tells her to keep it a secret so that they can win.

Overall, this show’s cast promotes gender stereotypes, fat-shaming, dishonesty, bad behavior, and a host of other things that I won’t get into right now. Overall, please don’t watch or show this series to anyone, especially young children. Ever since my younger brother saw this show, everybody in our family is ashamed of his horrendous behavior. Please don’t afflict your poor innocent children with the mental plague that is Peppa Pig.
Adult Written byMattyB81 January 28, 2021

Ignore the Negative Reviews!!!

I’m in complete disbelief with the negative reviews on here. How can people be offended by such a wonderful pre-school cartoon? Peppa Pig is fantastic. She is polite, caring and a great role model that promotes positive messages. I’m extremely dubious about what my kids watch and feel 110% comfortable with my 3 year old and younger child watching Peppa pig without my guidance. Peppa Pig is one of the most popular pre-school shows for a reason!
Adult Written bydaisythebunny4597 November 3, 2020

so scary I almost cried

this show is not for your kids and its so not ok daddy and mommy pig are married this is horrible not a kids show

Adult Written byIspeakthetruth101 November 2, 2020

Lots of rapists

Adult Written byIxl Hater123 October 28, 2020

Peppa Pig is an incredible show

Peppa Pig is a revolutionary show, but be careful around kids. People are yelling about how the show is bad for kids, but the show EXPLICITLY SAYS it is rated R. Anyways, this show is about a gangster pig who ran from home when her brother George had a mental breakdown, eating Daddy and Mommy Pig. She killed George and fled the home, minutes before the police busted in, and found 3 bodies in the floor. Peppa was in the house, but was prepared to leave and was soon to. Peppa fled, and the police heard, and when they ran outside, they saw a car-recklessly speeding away, barely staying on the road. They did have the plate, and they found the cars location- moving well over the speed limit- and a high speed chase happens. After the police cut through a field to get ahead, they put spikes in the road, and Peppa swerves as the tires pop, crashing into a tree. She lost a lot of speed in the swerve however, and she wasn't badly hurt. What happens next is that Peppa goes to jail, kills two people over a shred of bacon, (Peppa loved bacon) and got put into solitary. Because of Peppa's height of 7'0, she was big enough to escape. Peppa gets into drug trafficing, and soon, she was scammed out of some drugs. After a dispute, Peppa was stabbed 3 times. She nearly died, but she recovered. She began work as a hitman. Her 15th case read; 'There is a psychopath killing people named George Bacon. Please, get rid of him.' She assumes someone knows about how George died, and wanted to trick her, but there was money in the letter, and a location. She goes there, waits a few hours, and she sees George. She doesn't know how George is alive, but then he sees her. He laughs like a maniac, explaining he survived the killing, and put a dummy in his spot. He then says, "I will kill you now." Peppa pulls out a knife, but George laughs, pulling out a gun. 3 shots were fired, and Peppa was dead. She was found 23 years later, as a half decomposed, half eaten body. In the final episode of Peppa Pig, George is found, now a 40 year old man, and sent to jail for life. However, there might be a spinoff called- Peppa Pig the Gangster as a child. Hopefully it is as good as Peppa Pig.

Parent Written byPaul H. June 18, 2018

A Parent's Worst Nightmare

This show teaches bad morals to children and should be blocked from your cable box and YouTube account. The character George is a big cry baby and teaches kids that you'll get what you want by crying about it. So do yourself and your kids a favor by skipping this and go watch a show that actually teaches good morals and is entertaining to watch.
Parent of a 3-year-old Written byMandiJdeR December 22, 2016

Nothing but bad manners

We've had to remove Peppa Pig from my daughter's screen time, the show was doing nothing but turn her into a brat with no manners. Peppa isn't just bossy, she's a bully, she has to be the star and is always saying negative things to her family and friends. George constantly cries to get his own way; my daughter realised this and tried it out for 2 weeks straight. Daddy Pig is always getting teased about his appearance and eating habits, numerous times on the show you see them picking on him. I'd much rather my child watch 'Kate and Mim Mim', 'Thomas the Tank Engine', or 'My Little Pony' than this.

Adult Written bymumof2 April 18, 2012

Good, family fun

It's one of the best educational programmes on that your kids will love!