Parent reviews for Peppa Pig

Peppa Pig Poster Image

This is not a harmful show, but it is stupid. A lot of bad messages, like fat shaming are shoved down toddlers with this show and with an episode of Mr Skinny legs is highly inappropriate
2 people found this helpful.

Banned it from my house

The show is insufferably annoying. I don’t think it has very good role models. Peppa is really mean to her friends to the point that I would consider her a bully. She is rude, mean, whiny, and has a short temper and throws tantrums. My husband and I value kindness, patience, and friendship. I don’t think Peppa is a good influence. The show really has an effect on children’s minds and I think it really hinders them. It doesn’t really have any educational value.
2 people found this helpful.

Good for kids but kinda sad

It implys bodyshaming and you need to work out to look nice and be healthy. But kids don't realise and neither did I, it does have decent humor for kids and good messages tho.

1 person found this helpful.

Sexism and feeding other stereotypes in this day and age?

I've been watching my 2 year old toddler watch peppa pig and have seen multiple episodes now of sexism against women. There was an episode where peppa and George were laughing at their mum call gym or working from home not work and giggling and the whole naughty mummy...Feels like the writers of this are stuck in time and need to adapt their content to current generational standards of parenting. It's truly disgusting and I will not allow her to watch this programme moving forward and will continue to tell my other parent friends who some have also agreed with the episodes they've seen. Inappropriate and story lined are so boring compared to other shows like Bluey, Bing and so many more. Need to catch up.

Lame, canabalistic, and bratty

Alright, first up, Peppa pig is lame, and bratty, whenever Peppa doesn’t get what she wants, she cries. She fat shames her dad, and basically hates him, and on the their hand she loves her mum. Both the parents also act like children and when the say no to something the kids want the kids cry and the parents rethink and say yes to what Peppa and George want. Also, idk if u have heard, BUT Peppa and her family eat bacon! And they are pigs! Also, Peppa says yuck at everything and George cries all the time! And sometimes there is suggestive talk between mummy pig and daddy pig sometimes I also think it is wrong that pigs r wearing clothing, but they can’t really be naked in a kids show.

Terrible!

This is a show to maybe watch WITH your kids. I don't allow my little to watch this on his own. Peppa is extremely rude and isn't a good model for how a kid should act. There's a lot of disrespect, and rude comments thrown around that don't have any consequences. A specific episode included two grandfather parents arguing about a greenhouse insulting one another. Another episode Peppa was upset with her friend and was rude to the friend with no interference by her parents. I think there are so many BETTER non-violent cute shows that I'd rather my kid watch.

Annoying!

It is definitely postive role models to kids but very annoying! they also do tease the dad for being fat which is not ok. but otherwise ided reccomend it

Do not watch peppa pig!!

Okay parents don’t let your kids watch peppa pig! My child loves peppa pig but she is no longer allowed to watch it. There is so much verbal aggression I didn’t notice it untill layal started to lash out on me. Peppa is rude, bossy, a liar, tattletale, and more! This show encourages kids to back talk, cry and get your way, and if they don’t like something yell at them for it like not funny, I’m not your friend, I don’t like you anymore, etc. don’t make the mistake I did don’t start peppa pig!

Bratty pig bullies parents teaching littles to be brats

This show is particularly bad because the brattiness of the MC is hidden by laughter and cuteness. But bullying her daddy, refusing to listen and acting entitled aren’t cute. When my child with an intellectual disability started acting up I immediately looked to what she was watching. It was this show. I was horrified to see how peppa bullied her own father by fat shaming him. She manipulates to get her way and never gets any consequences! I am also horrified that common sense’s “expert” ignored all of the parents reviews that talk about this and gave it five stars anyway. Makes me wonder whether your “experts” are the kind that let children do whatever they want and set no limits. If your child watches this beware. They will start acting like the main character. Entitled mean and bratty. “Too much” bullying and “Too much” disrespect. “Terrible role model”

Peppa Pig : The App

My 4 year old nephew loves this show, but it’s hard for me to find him some full episodes so I think a app that contains all the seasons and episodes no matter where you are should happen and it would be okay if it wasn’t free.