Parent reviews for Peppa Pig

Sweet pig family provides gentle lessons to preschoolers.

Parent Written bynicole1 January 29, 2016

At first it was cute, but Peppa can be very bossy and rude.

My daughter (4) becomes quite bossy and rude after watching Peppa Pig. Her listening skills deteriorate and it takes a day or so before she is back to normal. Also, the name calling is inappropriate. There is an episode where the kids have a fort and Peppa Pig creates a password, "Daddy's fat stomach/tummy" that must be said before anyone is allowed to enter. Daddy pig does not want to say it because it makes him feel uncomfortable. But Mama pig laughs and says it to enter the tree house, which forces Daddy pig to go along with it. I let her watch the rest of the episode hoping for a positive lesson. Instead, I ended up going over the scenes with my daughter explaining that this secret password to get into the tree house was not funny but mean and disrespectful. I prefer other shows such as: Wallykazaam, Team Umi Zoomi and Bubble Guppies.
Adult Written byCitywatch May 19, 2012

Be careful!

The pigs in this show can be pretty rude. I let my 3 year old watch it fir a while and he turned into a terror! At first the snorting was kinda cute.. But the other things the pigs say and do are pretty bad.. A week after I cut him off we were back to normal...
Parent of a 3-year-old Written byJacobEH April 20, 2016

Cute but with bad role models

Too much verbal agressions and bad role models.
Peppa is disrespectful with her parents, and almost all the episodes have some kind of contempt for Peppa's father.
There are many other better choices for the same age.

Adult Written byTaximan68 March 25, 2016

As an austrailian...

It told my kids that spiders are no harm!
Adult Written byeducationfirst June 27, 2019

A waste of time for your child.

I’m at my friend’s house and her child fell asleep watching Peppa Pig, which is fine with me, but I’m a future teacher and I see many issues with this show. These are tidbits that I’ve observed over multiple episodes.

1. There’s a turtle called “Tittles”.

2. There’s a bumblebee that chases the dad and the Daddy Pig calls it a wasp.

3. Daddy Pig returns a library book after ten years and the librarian just says, “It’s okay! Now you can get a new one!”

4. Daddy pig runs away from the bee and it chases him... this bothered me because in real life, if you run from a bee and freak out, it’s going to sting you.

5. One of the characters said he could do a million and three hula hoop swings so he tried, all of the kids counted along, and he stopped at eight. All the kids looked disappointed and the character said, “I’m just tired right now. I’ll do the rest later,” and the scene moves forward.

6. Daddy Pig is running up an, almost ninety degree, hill and all of his friends and family are cheering him on, but all the while they’re riding on a bus to the top of the hill.

7. Peppa Pig skates for the first time, so she goes out holding her moms hand at first. Her mom tells her to, “Push, push, glide,” and Peppa does just that. She then lets go of her moms hand and skates around perfectly, all the while she says, “Skating is easy!” Her dad tells her she’s doing great and the mom says something along the line of, “Of course she is, I’m a great teacher!” >This whole scene bugs me because it teaches a lesson that things like that are easy to pick up and do. And also that it doesn’t take much to teach; you just tell someone what to do and that’s that. No lessons on failing and learning from failure or how to deal with failing.

It’s just a lot of nothing. No life lessons, vocabulary, math, nothing.
Parent of a 3-year-old Written byVicky T. February 24, 2018

As it progressisses it gets even more annoying.

When my little one started watching Peppa I thought we were lucky she liked a show that was descent, educational, non violent, easy on the eye and with likable characters. Yet after a while we started noticing some disturbing signs on her behavior. Our little one was becoming less patient, more crankier, more easily crying and throwing tantrums over unimportant things. Which was getting any better with the usual talk and listen technique. So one day sitting on the couch watching Peppa with her, it hit me. 10 minutes in the show and she started whinnying for no apparent or obvious reason other than the George character was doing the same. On the second episode in she was throwing her toys around the room because she wasn't happy with her toys and she was being aggressive when I mentioned that this behavior isn't really a good one to have. After this I started linking the episodes of "bad" behavior with the Peppa episodes. So we decided to cut off Peppa for a month and see how it goes, and the verdict was that the weird behavior went away and she become more stable in her feelings and how she expressed them.
I will not badmouth the series, as I believe that it's up to the parents to choose what their child should be exposed to, yet discussing the matter with other parents they agreed experiencing the same.
I think that we will continue on not having Peppa around the house because of her strong influence. Maybe the show will be better experienced once the little one hits 5 or maybe 6 where she'll be more susceptible in understanding that others have a certain behavior we do not need to copy. There are other shows better equipped for her emotional and psychological growth. Tig and Leo is one Bjorn and Bucky another, they're talking about friendship, making mistakes, correcting them, making brave choices, realizing you're not always right.
Adult Written byhi t. February 16, 2018

peppa is not for kids

peppa is a spoiled brat her parents do what ever she tells them to my own children started to replicate this behaviour do not let your kids watch

Adult Written byMermaid1984 December 9, 2019

NOT FOR CHILDREN

THIS TV SHOW TEACHES CHILDREN HOW TO BE A BULLY, RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL. AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT WONDERS WHY THESE CHARACTERS LOOK ALOT LIKE MALE PRIVATE BODY PARTS? IM OUTRAGED

Parent of a 2-year-old Written bySydney T. September 5, 2017

Parents enable rude child...

Honestly, I've never been the type of mom to obsessively monitor every single thing my son hears or sees. He'll be exposed to everything at some point or another. But this show threw me for a loop. The main character is so rude and downright ugly towards other characters that are supposed to be friends. And the parents do absolutely NOTHING! I sat and watched the show pretty passively with my son one day, and I didn't think to really watch it because every parent I know says their kid is obsessed with it and it's SUPER adorable. Frankly, after passively watching more episodes than I care to admit, I started noticing some behaviors that I would have definitely not tolerated if my son were to act that way. I watched some more episodes after my son went to bed that night and I didn't see a consistent pattern of noticeable consequences to the negative actions.
I mentioned it to my brother and my friends who have children that frequently watch the show. They were all pretty stunned that they hadn't really noticed how the show doesn't clearly or even vaguely outline the negative actions as generally unacceptable.
I support shows that have characters that aren't always nice and that make mistakes or have bad days, but they also should show how it can lead to some sort of consequence and ideally teach lessons to the young audience on what they should do differently. ESPECIALLY if the show's target audience is at a stage where they're learning the most about effective and acceptable social interaction.
Adult Written byMorgan Phillips June 10, 2020

The worst impact on young viewers(5-)

I have to first say... skip all the other reviews because this is the one you're looking for, for Parents, Teens, Kids, Adults. Have you read this to your child, now lets dive in. Me being a future parent is tough planing and setting up, but one day I was with my Kneece and saw this show "Peppa Pig". It seemed like the most adorable most lovely TV show for kids then I saw it little Peppa call her Father rude and explaining that he was fat or worthless. This was a wake-up call because I am about to be a parent and if my child or anyone for that matter would have used that despicable rude language they would never say anything again. I am scared of this show honestly with violent sex terms and most immortally body shaming that would make a child feel insecure. Now read this par to your kids. This show is fake Peppa is Bacon and she says those things to be funny but it is NOT funny it is rude and no one should say those things. Ok? All in all this show is awful for kids of honestly any age!

Parent of an infant and 2-year-old Written byangelrivas March 27, 2016

Daddy Pig is Homer Simpson?

Please, this series shows a Dummy Daddy.
Parent of a 2 and 3-year-old Written byMommyPig January 30, 2013

My Family Loves Watching Peppa Pig!

I think Peppa Pig is a great show. My 2 and 3 year old daughters watch it and sometimes the whole family watches it. We even sometimes act as the characters and talk with a British accent. I find the show to be cute, cleaver and thoughtful.
p.s. We love when the pigs fall on the floor laughing!

Educational Value
Adult Written byLatoofa December 12, 2019

Adult Written byRichard richardson December 6, 2019

Parent of a 5-year-old Written byinesdeportugal November 3, 2012

Great for preschoolers

My 5 year-old daughter loves it. It is the sort of cartoon I know I can leave her alone watching, no need to worry about violence or inappropriate content for her age. The noise the pigs make once in a while, well, it's pig noise, children find this funny. I find it curious how people tend to forget when they were this age, and review innocent cartoon saying they are boring. Of course I wouldn't chose Peppa Pig to have great entertainment for myself, isn't it obvious? My child choses it. And she laughs a lot watching it - and I do to, since what makes her happy, makes me happy.

Educational Value
Adult Written byLebron12James3 March 28, 2020

Hi guys! I am deeply sorry I didn’t post a review for 350 days. I moved to my backyard for a while until I started to miss my roommates.

This show sucks, but the edited episodes on YouTube are top quality. Go watch those godly masterpieces, NOW.
Parent Written byNatalie D. January 7, 2020

I think it's hilarious - People are too uptight

I would hardly call it harmful. It's not the job of a show to teach your kids what appropriate behavior looks like, we all know who that job belongs to. It may not be the number one show for modelling expected behavior, but it's one of the few kids shows that actually makes me chuckle.
Parent of a 3-year-old Written byElham D. May 14, 2019

Simple enough

I think the simplicity of this show helps kids to learn and get entertained without getting involved in unnecessary stressful adventures.
Adult Written byPoophead27isdabae May 9, 2019

This show...

This show is the absolute worst. It has a protagonist who embodies literally everything that a child should not look up to. Her bad behavior is what most other reviews will talk about but I don’t really care about that. I think that this show is actually dumbing kids down.

The narrator literally repeats EVERYTHING, even stuff that the characters themselves specifically stated just a second ago. Details that are normally there to set the scene, are almost entirely ignored, as the narrator gets rid of any chance for independent thought.

Furthermore, every single one of the children demonstrates an unbelievable amount of gender preference. There is an episode in which the girls and boys at a school are playing football (soccer for Americans) against each other, and they keep criticizing the other gender as useless, apathetic, and stupid. In another episode, Ms.Peppa Pig herself recognizes that her team is probably cheating, but before she can say that out loud to their coach, one of her friends tells her to keep it a secret so that they can win.

Overall, this show’s cast promotes gender stereotypes, fat-shaming, dishonesty, bad behavior, and a host of other things that I won’t get into right now. Overall, please don’t watch or show this series to anyone, especially young children. Ever since my younger brother saw this show, everybody in our family is ashamed of his horrendous behavior. Please don’t afflict your poor innocent children with the mental plague that is Peppa Pig.
Parent Written byPaul H. June 18, 2018

A Parent's Worst Nightmare

This show teaches bad morals to children and should be blocked from your cable box and YouTube account. The character George is a big cry baby and teaches kids that you'll get what you want by crying about it. So do yourself and your kids a favor by skipping this and go watch a show that actually teaches good morals and is entertaining to watch.